What do you want 2012's second marvel studios film to be?

I think they're waiting for Avengers to get made before they think about a sequel. If Avengers performs well, then a Hulk sequel could benifit from that. I've also heard rumors about Norton making a cameo apperance at the end of Iron Man 2?

I was in the TIH cinema and i saw lots of kids who dragged their parents to watch it. I mean, its the HULK! it would be very hard to market or create hype for Dr Strange, Antman, or any char less well-known... just my thought...

I think they're waiting for Avengers to get made before they think about a sequel. If Avengers performs well, then a Hulk sequel could benifit from that. I've also heard rumors about Norton making a cameo apperance at the end of Iron Man 2?

Woah, that Norton rumor sounds awesome. I hope its true, and if it is I hope it sets up Norton actually on the team.

Iron Fist is the easiest to get right though... It's not easy to screw that character, compared with the other options. Simplistic premise and you can get a director and writing crew who's good with character development and they'd have a field day with it.

Personally, I'd love a Moon Knight film, but I know idiots out there would say it was just a cynical attempt to cash in on the success of the Nolan Batman films... and it wouldn't be the first time...

lol... The "Moon Knight"...

I hope we will see more of Norton as the hulk.. i dont wanna see the hulk in monster mode forever...

I'd say Ant-Man or Dr. Strange are most likely. TIH 2 won't be it, since TIH didn't perform well enough to warrant it.

They are going to make TIH 2 .

From the list Iron fist or Black Panther

I was in the TIH cinema and i saw lots of kids who dragged their parents to watch it. I mean, its the HULK! it would be very hard to market or create hype for Dr Strange, Antman, or any char less well-known... just my thought...

Then why did the movie underperform if it was such a big draw?

I'm not saying TIH2 won't be made ever, though I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't. I'm saying Marvel has established what Hulk's potential BO is. They have a whole library of characters to explore, and they will likely at worst perform in the same ballpark TIH did. Maybe a little less, maybe a tad more. But, the great thing about untapped properties is that they can be bigger than you expected, see Iron Man.

So, why should Marvel make TIH2, when someone like Dr. Strange will likely make similar money, and perhaps make 200 mil or more? I just don't see the insentive to putting out a TIH sequel any sooner than 2014, since perhaps he may see somewhat of a revival post-Avengers, but even there, Avengers will have MANY heroes. How can we be sure the audience will care more about the Hulk when he is not the film's main attraction?

You stated that this thread was for Marvel Studios productions only. That is why I mentioned the FF, I want a MARVEL FF movie, not a Fox one. I guess 2012 is too soon for this to happen, but wouldn't it be nice?

I'll care about the Hulk if Norton returns. They do need to focus on other characters though. I was looking forward to Ant-man being directed by Edar Wright.
Nick Fury and Black Widow don't need a seperate film

Doctor Strange needs to be adapted

Black Panther needs to be adapted

Runaways = As of May 2008, a film version of the comic is in the scripting state, with Brian K. Vaughan writing and Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios President of Production, producing. Feige has said "In our discussions with Brian, we wanted him to be the person to bring it to life. I think it won't be a precise story line of any [of his comics], but certainly it will be most similar to the tone or origins of his structure in its initial run". A 2011 release is tentative, and Fiege expects a finished script early 2009

Sub-Mariner should open the same summer as aquaman , lol

Luke Cage and Iron Fist could appear in the same film

Hawkeye hopefully appears in Captain America or Avengers

The Incredible Hulk 2. It's not in the poll so you fail.

Then again, I'd rather have it in 2011. The actors aren't getting any younger...

The public seem to prefer fantasy over Sci-fi, so why not go with Dr Strange?

You could change it so that he's a medical student (not a surgeon)

Living with his abusive aunt and uncle (cos his parents were killed when he was a baby).

Then he gets recruited into a Wizard academy that no-one knows about.

He would have a red-headed clumsy best friend for comic relief, and a will they/won't they relationship with a female student.

There would be a Big Bad who cannot be named and has some connection to his parents.

And there could be an evil double agent on the staff of the school.

Sure-fire box office hit, I reckon.

I'll care about the Hulk if Norton returns.

Avengers aside, I doubt Norton is coming back other than cameos if we are luckily. You honestly think Marvel is going to make a sequel 5-6 years post TIH? Anything post-Avengers will be another reboot or cross over with different actors.

They do need to focus on other characters though. I was looking forward to Ant-man being directed by Edar Wright.

If they hold off on putting them in Avengers then it is likely we will see an Ant-Man film between now and Avengers 2.

Nick Fury and Black Widow don't need a seperate film

They already talked about a SHIELD movie so I am assuming both those characters will have roles.

Runaways = As of May 2008, a film version of the comic is in the scripting state, with Brian K. Vaughan writing and Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios President of Production, producing. Feige has said "In our discussions with Brian, we wanted him to be the person to bring it to life. I think it won't be a precise story line of any [of his comics], but certainly it will be most similar to the tone or origins of his structure in its initial run". A 2011 release is tentative, and Fiege expects a finished script early 2009

This is probably the most likely film. I think we would have heard something about Strange or BP by now. We don't even know if people are working on the scripts for them.

Sub-Mariner should open the same summer as aquaman , lol

God I hope not. Introduce him in the FF reboot done by Marvel.

Luke Cage and Iron Fist could appear in the same film

Heroes for Hire can be a mini franchise.

Hawkeye hopefully appears in Captain America or Avengers

Why would Hawkeye show up in what will primarily be a set piece??? I don't think he will show up in Avengers either but the case is still out. They need to save characters for sequels.

So did Marvel announce an other movie for 2012 at CC? Looks like they havent, which is dissapointing after they said they would be announcing one.

I think there is a real possibilty they just might not do a second film. Avengers is a pretty big production. Circumstances change. It wouldn't be the first time Feige went back on a promise to get a movie out in a given year.

Doctor Strange would be my favored choice. I think that could have some real cinematic appeal; not really blockbuster status, but a decent money maker with a good story, compelling character and some mystical razzle dazzle.

I'd be up Runaways and Iron Fist as well.

Release dates would probably be best suited around Feb/March or maybe the holiday season. I don't really see any of these as tentpoles for summer release.

Avengers aside, I doubt Norton is coming back other than cameos if we are luckily. You honestly think Marvel is going to make a sequel 5-6 years post TIH? Anything post-Avengers will be another reboot or cross over with different actors.

Kevin Feige and Marvel are aware of this. This is why Feige said that Hulk would be appearing in other Marvel films so that audiences don't forget of the character so when an eventual sequel happens, people would still be aware of Hulk and hopefully Norton!

This is why Feige said that Hulk would be appearing in other Marvel films so that audiences don't forget of the character so when an eventual sequel happens, people would still be aware of Hulk and hopefully Norton!
Again, the actors aren't getting any younger. 5-6 years is longer than it sounds.

Only by 5 years. Norton will still look the same in 5-6 years. My dad is going to turn 50 in August and he still looks like he was 40.

Age isn't nearly as much a concern as is the budget. You have to pay the cast more money this time around, and if the movie is going to be any good, the effects and scope is going to need to be that much better and bigger. The investment wouldn't make any sense. Had TIH done BB numbers it would be another story.

In other news... Favreau had some interesting stuff regarding Avengers/IM3

Jon Favreau Talks Avengers, Iron Man 3
Posted By: Michael

At Comic Con we caught up with Jon Favreau who revealed the latest on the upcoming Avengers movie and Iron Man 3. Alot of people have wondered if Iron Man 3 would in fact be The Avengers but Jon Favreau made it clear that is not the case saying;
There’s an Iron Man 3. Here’s how I know. When they make the option deals, they include Iron Man 3. So I know they’re planning on 3. Whether that would be before or after Avengers, they’ve announced that Avengers is next but they pushed back The Avengers once which I thought was encouraging.

Since AVENGERS is delayed for a bit the thought was that would give Jon some time to think things out and prep for it but Jon Favreau made the point clear that he is not necessarily going to be directing it saying;

My involvement has yet to be determined on that project. Remember, you have to take into account what Thor is and you don’t know that until the film’s locked. You’re not going to know about Thor for two years, what that really means. And Captain America, they haven’t even started prepping yet. So there’s a lot of discovery that has to take place before you can understand what Avengers really is.

As far as his 'place' in the process for Avengers he said;

We talk about it and really Iron Man is their flagship franchise right now that we’re making a sequel for. It’s the one that’s informing the others the most so I feel like I’m chopping my way through the jungle and Avengers will eventually be an oasis somewhere down the line. I’m pretty much hands on day to day just on Iron Man but I think they’ll learn from what I’m discovering now that will inform the next one.

Stay tuned for More on Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2 as we get it!

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_17148.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"