Sequels What Do YOU Want To See In X-Men 4

Destiny Is Near

Civilian
Reaction score
yo peeps, im actually trying to pen X4 for my own personal Entertainment so im trying to find out what some other XMen fans besides myself want to see in the X4 sequel.

If it's for your own personal entertainment, why does it matter what everyone else thinks? The whole point of fanfiction is that you put in it what you want to put in it.

Write what you want to write!

well i want to write a great script with stuff us real fans want so when i move to LA next year i can have something great to pitch or sell. so yea thats why i want some other fans help. i want to make a film that is great, and stays true to what xmen fans like.

I think anyone who has very structured ideas is going to be working on their own X4 script. :word:

I still think you should follow your ideas - be original and logical! It would be unwise to take ideas from others. Pro screenwriters refuse (or should refuse!) to look at other people's story ideas so they can't be accused of ripping people off.

I agree. I am going to write a storyline... thing, that will explain my idea of X4 in-depth mainly of the key scenes. I'm not too good with coming up with an actual script, mainly because I don't have the patience to do it. But I'll post it sometime.

I'm working on my storyline right now. It's a lot more character-driven than storyline-driven.

I'm currently working on fitting Gambit in. I was originally going to have him join the X-Men by helping Scott find his way back, but I took Scott out of my script because there were already too many characters that needed heavy development.

I'm following him from 6 years before the "current" time, when he was about 18, not yet a mutant, and part of a gang called the Thieve's Guild. (The first time we see him, he's stealing a case of beer with his buddies.) His mentor, Jean-Luc, has convinced him to become engaged to Bella, the granddaughter of the head of the Assassin's Guild, the enemy gang; telling Remy that marrying her would end the feud between the two gangs. Remy gets a phon call telling him that Assassin's Guild member and Bella's brother, Julien, shot Jean-Luc to death. When confronting Julien, Gambit's powers manifest and he accidentally blows up a table and kills Julien in front of Bella. At this, Bella breaks up with him and he hits the road.

Next time we see him is four years later, when he sees Dr. Nathaniel Essex about weakening his powers, because they create an energy flow inside his body that is unbearable. Essex does so on the condition that Gambit join his little group, the Marauders.

Gambit joins, and he follows the Marauders on a mission - even though he has no idea what the mission is. He gets a very rude awakening to the mission when the group charges another group of mutants inside that group's headquarters, killing a number of them. Remy gets out quickly, taking a little girl from the opposing group with him.

Two years later (and now we're in present-time), Gambit walks into a bar with the little girl. He takes her over to a corner, hands her an NDS and tells her to stay there and come get him if anybody talks to her. He quickly strikes up a date with a hot girl, picks a pocket, and starts a game of poker. Meanwhile, Logan enters the bar, and sees the little girl in the corner. He asks her if she's got anybody watching her, but she just looks over at Remy without answering. Remy's beating the pants off of a bunch of guys in poker, but he looks back and sees Logan talking to the girl. He gets up and confronts Logan, but quickly sees that Logan just wanted to make sure that the girl was alright. Logan comments that "they're getting younger every day", thinking that Remy's the girl's father. Remy gives a brief outline of how he ended up taking care of the girl, just telling him that her parents were killed and he was there to save her. Logan, though admiring Remy's intentions, tells him that he's got no place taking care of a kid if he puts her in a corner so he can play cards. Remy gets defensive, and tells Logan that a guy has to make a living and that Logan doesn't know a thing about his life. He and Logan get into a verbal altercation, but Gambit stops when the girl interjects herself. He just goes back to the poker table, collects his poker winnings, and leaves.

That's all I've got on Gambit so far. Actually, I wrote most of that last scene just now, lol. Thanks for the thread to sort through my thoughts! I know this is different from the comic book storyline, where he marries Bella (as opposed to just being engaged), kills Julien in a duel (as opposed to accident after Julien kills Jean-Luc), puts together the Marauders (as opposed to just joining the group), and doesn't confront Logan pre-X-Men. I think that this storyline fits better with the movie feel, taking out some elements that might seem awkward on the big screen, and turning him into a teenager/young adult that can be better identified with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"