What does your name mean?

Josh is the name of a school shooter from 'Bang, Bang, You're Dead'. I once thought about shooting up my high school years ago, something I'm not proud of. Try to help teens like me survive high school now through various online sites and things. So, yeah- that's the origins of my name.

Yeah, we'll have to snag that IP address of yours. :o

Very funny dude. Out of high school now. No threat to anyone. Thank god.

Now just helping teenagers try to live through the 'teenage wasteland' on various sites such as 'teen help.' Could kind of say went from troubled and disturbed loner to a Charlie Bartlett type guidance councilor.

And does this place really not allow us our first amendment? Freedom to speech?

my screen name is based on a personal name. However, it's not on the site

Shemtov
Hebrew transalation of Kalman

Kalman
From Greek Kallos "Good" and Manos "Name".Entered Jewish names during Greek ocupation of Judea. Name of one of my relitives. Not to be confused with Hungarian "Kalman"

My actual name, Brad, doesn't mean anything, as per the site. Just a name. My online moniker, similarly, doesn't mean anything; I just like the sound of it. Hilariously, some of the opponents I've faced in my assorted debates on the matter of religion have assumed that I use the name to be ironic or to offend them.

Last edited:
ALEXANDER

Usage: English, German, Dutch, Scandinavian, Hungarian, Slovak, Biblical, Ancient Greek (Latinized), Greek Mythology (Latinized) Pronounced: al-əg-ZAN-dər (English), ah-lek-SAHN-der (German), ah-luk-SAHN-dur (Dutch) [key]

Latinized form of the Greek name Αλεξανδρος (Alexandros), which meant "defending men" from Greek αλεξω (alexo) "to defend, help" and ανηρ (aner) "man" (genitive ανδρος). In Greek mythology this was another name of the hero Paris, and it also belongs to several characters in the New Testament. However, the most famous bearer was Alexander the Great, King of Macedon. In the 4th century BC he built a huge empire out of Greece, Egypt, Persia, and parts of India. Due to his fame, and later medieval tales involving him, use of his name spread throughout Europe. The name has been used by kings of Scotland, Poland and Yugoslavia, emperors of Russia, and eight popes. Other notable bearers include English poet Alexander Pope (1688-1744), American statesman Alexander Hamilton (1755-1804), Scottish-Canadian explorer Sir Alexander MacKenzie (1764-1820), Russian poet Alexander Pushkin (1799-1837), and Alexander Graham Bell (1847-1922), the Scottish-Canadian-American inventor of the telephone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"