May Box Office Predictions

Visionary said:
I don't know whether Tom Cruise is as psycho, as much as he is annoying as hell, or perhaps he's both. But I do know that the box office comes from overkill of seeing him continuing to jump around like a happy-go-lucky sprite.:o

So you and many others are saying MI3 performed poorly(48 million isn't poor to me) because of the Cruise craziness? Can someone then explain to me why the 100 million budgeted, very hyped, and Speilberg directed "Minority Report" opened to 38 million or so and topped off around 132 million doemstically? I'm almost certain that was a summer blockbuster too. Why wasn't it said then like it's being said now that his star power is fading? I'm just asking?

I don't see all the Cruise craziness affecting MI3 more then the fact that MI2 was only so so and like six years ago and people just went i'll wait for DVD or wait and hear if it's good by word of mouth. What about the economy? The high gas prices? Ever thought that the demographic that supported the last two films are older now and with families? Are their many kids and teens who think MI3 is their summer must see movie as opposed to something like Cars, Xmen, Superman, and Over the Hedge? Just bringing up some actual valid points that people seem to throw out as non factors and choose to say it's Cruise's fault for his questionable antics.

I think people are giving those entertainemnt shows and magazines more power then they actually have. I don't know many people that read them magazines and watch ET and the E channel. Are thoses magazines really circulating to nearly every movie going adult and teen in the US? Hell no, thoses magazines and show supporters have at best a few million supportes, certainly not enough to tank MI3 and those are the ones who swore off the film because of cruise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"