The Amazing Spider-Man 2 What I hope they don't do with the Uncle Ben's killer subplot.

Miken Ayers

Civilian
Reaction score
Since they didnt resolve it last film, I'm really hoping it's not quickly tied up at the beginning of the first act or he's just caught in some precredits sequence.

I hope they don't reveal that Sandman was actually the killer. That would suck.

In the alternate scene, they kept it ambiguous as to whether or not the store theft was the killer, but changed it to the one in the film where it was clear he shot Uncle Ben.

They might still go for the "gun went off by accident" angle.

In the alternate scene, they kept it ambiguous as to whether or not the store theft was the killer, but changed it to the one in the film where it was clear he shot Uncle Ben.

They might still go for the "gun went off by accident" angle.

I don't see how it going off by accident makes him any less guilty. If you bring a loaded weapon to a crime then you either intend to use it or accept that it may be used.

I don't see how it going off by accident makes him any less guilty. If you bring a loaded weapon to a crime then you either intend to use it or accept that it may be used.

It was good enough for sandman. He wasn't a bad guy, he just had bad luck.

i say leave it for the third movie to tie up the "trilogy"

No no. I think that they at least need to give us this resolution in ASM2. They can save the parents resolution for ASM3... but we need something real this time around.

I agree. I hope they dont cheapen it by making it a pre-credits sequence. But they don't have to spend too much time on it and they can definitely open with it. I'd be okay with that.

I do not want the subplot upgrading into a plot. The killer is a killer; I do not want another attempt at tragedy or making the killer part of a larger chain of events (an OSCORP hit, or something absurd, along those lines.) If they are going to address it, I prefer it be early in the film or late in the film; I do not want the plotline robbing time from Osborn & Electro & Rhino, as already they are strapped for time. If it cannot be positioned at either point in the film, it is better to omit, and have it feed into Peter's guilt (which he needs, or something to dampen his arrogance. Then again, now that I think about, Gwen Stacey's death would be the perfect stimulus for tearing down his arrogance. Either way, this strand of the narrative should not expand, and should be in the beginning or ending.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"