An idea for a graphic novel/comic

zmystico

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone has gone with this idea, but I got this idea tonight...first let me say I see Batman as 3 ppl in one, He's the real Bruce Wayne, Batman & Billionaire Playboy Bruce Wayne (public appearance). I don't think he's just Bruce Wayne & Batman, I think the real Bruce Wayne is part Batman and part Billionaire Playboy Bruce Wayne because Bruce Wayne created them.

If I haven't confused you enough, here's my idea...

I'd like to see Batman and Billionaire Playboy Bruce Wayne meet. Think like Superman 3 when Clark/Superman split and fight in the junkyard. I figured it would have to be done as a "supernatural" event or Bruce/Batman/BPBW is injured/incapacitated/drugged/etc. and the issue is taking place in his mind. I say Batman & BPBW because both are seperate sides of the same man, both were created to help Bruce Wayne cope, Batman to avenge right and wrong, protector of Gotham...all that sweet stuff we love about him, and BPBW was created so Gotham wouldn't figure out Bruce Wayne is Batman. Just as the Batsuit protects his identity, the persona of BPBW helps protect his identity as well.

I'm not sure if anyone has done a comic/graphic novel like this before, but I would love to see how Batman would react to BPBW, and how BPBW would react to Batman. In Batman Begins, Bruce says Batman is a guy with issues, in TDK, Bruce says Batman can't endure whats happening and Alfred reminds him that that was what Batman was for, to make the tough decision and endure. It would be like Batman and BPBW would become individual people, without being linked by Bruce Wayne.

I really hope someone can make sense of what I'm trying to get across and the vision I'm having LOL

I've always thought of Batman being who bruce wayne really is and that everything else is a cover up. Like how in BTAS Bruce only talks in his "bruce" voice when people who don't know that he is batman are around. When he talks to alfred, alone (even without the costume) he speaks in that deep voice. At least this is all how I see it

Read Batman Ego by Darwyn Cooke, it has a simular theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"