What is worse? Adultry or Prostitution???

blind_fury

Avenger
Reaction score
The Ten Commandments suggest adultry is worse. The criminal justice system says prostitution is.

Which one is worse?

While I don't think either is inherentely bad, the prostituation business, as it is, leads to a lot of exploitation and abuse, so I'm gonna go with that one. Adultery leads to hurt feelings.

the Ten Commandments also state that drawing a picture of a bird or a fish is just as bad as adultery, so I'm not too concerned with what they have to say.

Calvin said:
While I don't think either is inherentely bad, the prostituation business, as it is, leads to a lot of exploitation and abuse, so I'm gonna go with that one. Adultery leads to hurt feelings.
Adultry leads to broken families.

blind_fury said:
Adultry leads to broken families.
It can also lead to true love. If we made prostituation a legal business though, with more regulation, then it wouldn't be bad at all.

Adultery isn't fun...

...not if you're the victim, that is. :o

Calvin said:

It also leads to to battered wives and husbands, dangerous situations for children, stalking and other types of destructive behavior. Domestic violence is at an all time high in the U.S. and accounts for many more deaths and instances of ongoing abuse every year than prostitution does.

jag

jaguarr said:
It also leads to to battered wives and husbands, dangerous situations for children, stalking and other types of destructive behavior. Domestic violence is at an all time high in the U.S. and accounts for many more deaths and instances of ongoing abuse every year than prostitution does.

jag
Whoa, déjà vu...

Prognosticator said:
Sin is sin. The Ten Commandments doesn't necessarily say prostitution is worse. Furthermore, adultry in biblical terms as quoted from Jesus says, "anyone who has looked at another with lust in his eyes has already committed adultry in his heart". Ergo, prostitution already falls under the umbrella of adultry. You're welcome.
a good point made from another thread.

Adultry no prostitution, prostitution no adultry.

Ah, they are both sick and sinful.

you just don't like fun, you silly goose

I don't remember excactly which verse but it says in the Bible all sin is equal. But in the eyes of people and the law, prostitution would be worse since it's illegal and adultery isn't.

if I had to choose between either one, I'd most likely go with *********ion

Prostitution is wrong but adultery is worse because there is a third party who is subjected to heartache.

Mee said:
I don't remember excactly which verse but it says in the Bible all sin is equal. But in the eyes of people and the law, prostitution would be worse since it's illegal and adultery isn't.
That was my point. As it is, it causes more damage to lives. Now, if it were made legal, and regulated, it would be fine. Then I'd say they're about equal.

Mee said:
I don't remember excactly which verse but it says in the Bible all sin is equal.
That's dumb. God's going to punish a serial killer and a shoplifter the same?

But in the eyes of people and the law, prostitution would be worse since it's illegal and adultery isn't.
According to the poll more people think adultry is worse so why isn't it illegal???

blind_fury said:
That's dumb. God's going to punish a serial killer and a shoplifter the same?

According to the poll more people think adultry is worse so why isn't it illegal???
Because you can't legislate morality. Adultery doesn't limit anyone's freedoms.

I'd like to see opinions for people who have done either
or both

PLAS said:
I'd like to see opinions for people who have done either
or both

If you get a hand job in a massage parlor, that's not like prostitution is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"