What Podcast are you listening to?

I highly recommend The Ihnatko Almanac on the 5by5 network. And for those into high-end collectible toys the Hot Toys Cast.

A friend told me about Mike Schmidt, Ill def check out that cast. Thanks!

He is by the purest of funny podcasts. He makes complaining about himself funny. Not tiresome & old. I am looking at you Walking The Room!

Why do people find Carolla entertaining? He is a sexist, egotistical blow hard, that goes in to long winded boring rants that aren't funny, or interesting.

Does anyone listen to the /Film cast? I like it, but can't fully get into it...

I do, but I know what you mean. I think they can get overly nitpicky, especially this past year where they didn't seem to like hardly anything. David Chen comes off as a bit of a doofus on occasion too. But I won't miss an episode where Rian Johnson or Drew Mcweeny guests. Filmspotting has more intelligent discourse but that show has it's flaws too, what with the uniformly awful musical breaks and the interminable thank-the-donors section (yes, thank your donors, but 20 minutes?)

He is by the purest of funny podcasts. He makes complaining about himself funny. Not tiresome & old. I am looking at you Walking The Room!

Why do people find Carolla entertaining? He is a sexist, egotistical blow hard, that goes in to long winded boring rants that aren't funny, or interesting.

I have been a Carolla fan for a while. Yes he is sexist, and has quite the ego. But I do really enjoy listening to his rants. Some, yes, can get boring, but for the most part they are pretty funny. And I am a sucker for dirty profane comedy, as well as clean comedy.

I do, but I know what you mean. I think they can get overly nitpicky, especially this past year where they didn't seem to like hardly anything. David Chen comes off as a bit of a doofus on occasion too. But I won't miss an episode where Rian Johnson or Drew Mcweeny guests. Filmspotting has more intelligent discourse but that show has it's flaws too, what with the uniformly awful musical breaks and the interminable thank-the-donors section (yes, thank your donors, but 20 minutes?)

Thanks! I'll check Filmspotting out. I think I may have heard of it? Not sure.

/Filmcast is VERY nitpicky. They almost makes me want to NOT watch a movie, even if the review is somewhat positive. Sometimes, they say stuff that leave me sitting there kind of dumbfounded... But not every show can be a home-run. I still listen. But I will check out Filmspotting. Thanks!

Gold Derby
Oscar Poker
Awards Daily
/Film
The Golden Briefcase
Smodcast
Film Junk
Kris Tapley and Anne Thompson's at InContention
Collider
NarniaWeb
Agony Column (on occasion)
Movie Moan
Filmspotting
Criterion
A Podcast of Ice and Fire

Question: Does anyone know a good one on anime?

Last edited:
I've tried many film podcasts, but Film Junk is the only one I've stuck with. Those guys are very down to earth and don't come off as pretentious as some of the other movie podcasts out there.

I've tried them and I feel like they're not sure what they wanna say most of the times.

What are some good sports podcasts, something that isn't one sided, or bias... But that's probably to much to ask. I am not a HUGE sports fan, but I am a fan.

I'm listening to Kevin Smith's Batman podcast now with him Paul Dini doing commentary on BTAS episodes... It's cool and everything but Smith is such a pain to listen too. Every other word out of his mouth is f*** and he doesn't give Dini much time to speak in large parts of it.

What are some good sports podcasts, something that isn't one sided, or bias... But that's probably to much to ask. I am not a HUGE sports fan, but I am a fan.

I also don't consider myself to be a huge sports fan, but every now and then I like to tune in to Petros and Money because I think they're pretty funny. It's a radio show, but I believe you can get their show in podcast form on their site.

http://www.foxsportsradio.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=petrosmoney

Top 10;

1. The Fustercluck
3 (usually) guys who drink and talk about random topics. Basically, if someone taped my friends and I late at night on saturdays... [funny]

2. Astronomy Cast
Amazing, about science/space. Very informative and interesting. Fills my science hole left from no more high school/college classes... [smart]

3. Smodcast - Fatman On Batman
Kevin Smith interviews Batman related peeps, amazing and cool to see bts/history of these people I've loved forever. [cool]

4. Yeah, It's That Bad
Goofy guys reviewing bad films, for the fun of it... [funny]

5. Now Playing / Books & Nachos
Good guys reviewing films, typically in series/franchises. [cool]

6. Remember When
Two guys discussing their pop-culture loves; movies, tv, etc. Should be higher, but they've been taking a lot of too long breaks, lately. Too inconsistent, but worth the back-listen. [funny/cool/smart]

7. The Nerdist
Geeks interviewing idols, very neat perspective and great guests. [cool/funny]

8. The Ones Who Knock
Breaking Bad related by David Chen and guests, so-so good. Only on when they're new BB episodes of course.

9. The /Filmcast

10. The Reel Idiots
Guys doing commentaries to oddball films... [fun]

I've recently started watching Rooster Teeth video podcasts. The only podcast I watch/listen to.

I also don't consider myself to be a huge sports fan, but every now and then I like to tune in to Petros and Money because I think they're pretty funny. It's a radio show, but I believe you can get their show in podcast form on their site.

http://www.foxsportsradio.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=petrosmoney

Cool thanks! Have you listened to Artie Lang's sports podcast? Haven't heard much about it. I'm gonna check it out, along with Petros and Money.

Hollywood Babble-On.

Smodcast (pretty much all of Kev's Podcasts)

StarTalk Radio.

Comic Geek Speak
Before that, Earth-2.net Big Damn Heroes

There was just a recent episode of The Nerdist that had Mark Hamill on, it was a good listen. He gets into some Star Wars stuff, Joker stuff, voice overs, and videos games. I really enjoyed it. Check it out!

I listen to podcasts almost all day, I'm subscribed to 30+ but my top 10 is easy

1. Adam carolla show. This one is easy, absolutely filthy sometimes but genius 70% of the time. The recent episode with David Allen grier was the funniest things I've ever listened to.

2. Now playing movie review. A very close second to carolla. I love this podcast I currently have 70 episodes on my iPod. They recently did every marvel movie over a year or so and it was wonderful. Stuart on the show can be a little hard to listen to at first but he is now my favorite host.

3. The skeptics guide to the universe. Great and informative science news podcast. Great and funny ( at times) hosts. Rebecca does get on my nerves sometimes though.

4. The film vault. Bald Bryan from carolla show and his friend Anderson from loveline host a top 5 movie list show. Very funny and not safe for work. Listen to a couple episodes if you can tolerate Anderson for that long he will grow on you.

5 Bald move podcasts. ( breaking good, the talking dead, ) breaking bad episode review and discussion, walking dead episode review and discussion . Very funny and give a lot of different views on the episodes.

6. All carolla digital podcasts . I'm lumping all of these together lots of crossover . Adam & drew ( basically loveline uncensored ), carcast ( Adam talks about cars and racing with special guests if you are a gear head its a must), Dr drew show ( just drew taking calls with his dr buddies. Very interesting and kinda scary there are some messed up people out there) there are others on his network as well but these are the ones I listen to. My wife swears by for crying out loud on the network but I can't get into it.

7. B.s report with bill Simmons . The best sports pod there is. The cousin sal episodes are the best.

8. Star talk with Neil degrasse Tyson. A great science / space conversation . It has been few and far between recently though. He is very charismatic and works well with a comedian each week as a guest host.

9. Wtf with Marc maron. The best long form one on one interviews I have heard .nsfw and very raw. He gets a lot out of his guests and he is very quick witted and clever.

10. Girl on guy with Aisha Tyler. Long form one on one interview. Very funny and nsfw. Wide variety of guests. She had Shirley manson from garbage on recently and it was one of the best podcasts I heard in a long time.

These are my favorites I do listen to others as well but these stand out.

I listen to podcasts almost all day, I'm subscribed to 30+ but my top 10 is easy

1. Adam carolla show. This one is easy, absolutely filthy sometimes but genius 70% of the time. The recent episode with David Allen grier was the funniest things I've ever listened to.

I agree! I drive a lot for work, so i tend to listen to a lot of Podcasts, but I was laughing so hard in my car to that episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"