What should be done with the heroes that had Netflix shows when Disney gets the rights back?

There's plenty of chance Daredevil can appear in an Avengers film. Spider-Man although superpowered is more street level in the comics traditionally speaking and he was re-worked to fit into the MCU.

Daredevil would be kind of like Hawkeye on the team scouting things and giving reports in his yellow suit I'd imagine.

Stilt-Man will appear no doubt and it will be up to DD to figure out a way for him to coach the Young Avengers towards stopping him?

I just thought up a scenario. I'm not saying it's a good one but I don't think him being street level or having a lower power set will stop him from fighting alongside more amped up hero's. Afterall,there were no casualties of even less powered hero's in the final battle in Endgame with Thanos's army... Are things "nerfed" a bit in these movies? Sure, but they're fun.

Agreed; the MCU really doesn’t have a street-level NYC hero. Daredevil & the new crop of heroes—She-Hulk and Moon Knight specifically—can help to fill that void. Shang-Chi too if He ends up in NY in his film.

From Feige's description, it doesn't sound like they are going the street level NYC hero route for Moon Knight. Sounds like they are going a globe-trotting, archeology type of Indiana Jones style. Exploration of ancient Egyptology and artifacts from the sound of things.

There's plenty of chance Daredevil can appear in an Avengers film. Spider-Man although superpowered is more street level in the comics traditionally speaking and he was re-worked to fit into the MCU.

Daredevil would be kind of like Hawkeye on the team scouting things and giving reports in his yellow suit I'd imagine.

Stilt-Man will appear no doubt and it will be up to DD to figure out a way for him to coach the Young Avengers towards stopping him?

I just thought up a scenario. I'm not saying it's a good one but I don't think him being street level or having a lower power set will stop him from fighting alongside more amped up hero's. Afterall,there were no casualties of even less powered hero's in the final battle in Endgame with Thanos's army... Are things "nerfed" a bit in these movies? Sure, but they're fun.

Daredevil I never liked in any of his Avengers appearances. It is just not where he works best. In New Avengers when they had him there, he felt really out of place. Some characters just are not great fits as Avengers, and that is okay. Not everyone has to be

Frankly, I never felt Spider-Man fit into Avengers either, same with Wolverine.

Wolverine joining the team was just goofy, especially when he was already in the X-Men at that time.

From Feige's description, it doesn't sound like they are going the street level NYC hero route for Moon Knight. Sounds like they are going a globe-trotting, archeology type of Indiana Jones style. Exploration of ancient Egyptology and artifacts from the sound of things.

True true; good point. Maybe a crossover event would have him back in NYC though

I wouldn't be surprised to see MM make a quick cameo in She Hulk as well.
Bingo!

I feel there is a good chance the DD soft reboot if you will for the MCU will be Matt appearing not inconsiderably even perhaps, on the Shulkie show.

I think lots of guest shots are planned for that but the most logical one outside of Banner/Hulk IS Matt.

Daredevil I never liked in any of his Avengers appearances. It is just not where he works best. In New Avengers when they had him there, he felt really out of place. Some characters just are not great fits as Avengers, and that is okay. Not everyone has to be

Hopefully the Disney+ shows help the audience better understand that not everyone needs to be an Avenger, and not everything needs to revolve around Avengers-level antics. There are countless tiers of superheroic activity, you need heroes of all levels to fill all niches For every world-striding hero like Cap or Thor, fighting over the fate of the planet, you also need a ton of neighborhood heroes fighting just to keep the people around them safe from ordinary and just-above-ordinary crime.

I would like the MCU to do the street level Defenders as well (definitely keep Cox and Ritter if so), and they could cross paths with other street level heroes like Spider-Man.

Damn... Rumor, sure... But I can't deny Jess would fit right as an occasional guest star.

It would be a dream of mine, now that Marvel embraced the shared universe idea, for most of the charcaters mentioned to all meet up in an Avenger's style movie.

I don't know if Marvel would allow characters of their TV series to jump to the big screen but...
think of Blade, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider & a few others never mentioned meeting up.
Possibly working with Sony again to use Morbius as well.
That could be an entire new direction to go in the MCU & still be part of it as a whole.

Bring them in. Bring them all in. No-one in the cast was unsalvageable, most of them were great in fact. It appears as though folks at Marvel don't like re-doing stories, so rebooting the characters doesn't really open up any opportunities. Just go ahead and make use of this cast of characters you just inherited. It's not just the big heroes, you have supporting players like Carrie Anne Moss who would fit nicely in She-Hulk.

Marvel Hopes to Conjure Up Streaming Magic with 'WandaVision'

From 2015-19, Marvel has multiple Netflix shows set in the MCU, including Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and The Punisher. Netflix pulled the plug on those series as Disney prepared to launch its own streaming competitor. While the focus has been to introduce new characters, such as She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel, as well as to bring in MCU film actors, characters from the Netflix shows are still in play.

"Everything is on the board," says Feige. "That's one of the fun things about the comics is that characters would appear and disappear and come and go. All of it is inspiration for the future. There are some great characters and actors from those shows."

Remember when people said they would just be dropped? How about them apples

I think the most we can hope for is the same actors in rebooted versions of the characters. There is some precedent for that now. I don't expect the Netflix shows to remain canon though - I just don't see Disney allowing Marvel to keep shows from a rival streaming service in the MCU canon. I wouldn't be shocked if that issue led to a complete recast as well. And tbh I wouldn't be that upset with that. Most of the Netflix cast was great, but there's nothing wrong with a fresh take. All the Defenders + The Punisher featured across at least 3 seasons of television. That's more than many characters get.

I still haven't watched Netflix series. So I hope they relaunch the show with the same cast. And then I will definitely look at them.:D

One of my favorite, older Fantastic Four storylines involved DD. The FF lost their powers and DD led them against Doom. It wouldn't be a great movie, but I think DD fits better with the FF than Avengers.

Please stay away from the ugly yellow suit. Yikes!!!

I still haven't watched Netflix series. So I hope they relaunch the show with the same cast. And then I will definitely look at them.:D

You should definitely watch the DD shows. Jessica Jones also. Both very very good.

They can reuse some of the same actors, but softly reboot the characters. None of the Netflix shows were near the quality of the MCU. After Wandavision, the difference is even clearer. Those shows don’t fit in the MCU. Multiverse, yeah sure. But not the MCU. Daredevil was the best but it had some episodes that dragged by so slowly.

I say keep the same actors for Daredevil (new suit please), Kingpin, and Punisher. But that’s about it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"