What should be done with the heroes that had Netflix shows when Disney gets the rights back?

They can reuse some of the same actors, but softly reboot the characters. None of the Netflix shows were near the quality of the MCU. After Wandavision, the difference is even clearer. Those shows don’t fit in the MCU. Multiverse, yeah sure. But not the MCU. Daredevil was the best but it had some episodes that dragged by so slowly.

I say keep the same actors for Daredevil (new suit please), Kingpin, and Punisher. But that’s about it...

I can agree with that. Those would be the three I would keep. I'm quite happy for them to recast Iron Fist and Luke Cage, and get someone else for Bullseye (Wilson Bethel is starring in All Rise with Simone Missick anyway).

Well, for an easy answer, I think those particular characters should be worked into the MCU.
Not just because they got the rights back though.
They have to have a good, long term story & ideas that they will all overlap to include them.
I am eager to get the Punisher & DD in the MCU somehow on a street level version & crossing over with some heavyweight characters when plausible.

Last edited:
They have to have a good, long term story & ideas that they will all overlap to include them.
And in the comics, the heroes of these series intersect with the characters from the MCU? After all, the whole universe, first of all, is tied precisely to this ...;nd

And in the comics, the heroes of these series intersect with the characters from the MCU? After all, the whole universe, first of all, is tied precisely to this ...;nd

Well, for me the goal for DD & the Punisher, would be to include them in the bigger MCU (the big screen) If maybe starting them off to mix in with a Disney+ series helps & then to the big screen, I'm all for it.

Well, for me the goal for DD & the Punisher, would be to include them in the bigger MCU (the big screen) If maybe starting them off to mix in with a Disney+ series helps & then to the big screen, I'm all for it.

Punisher would've been ideal to use in Spider-Man: No Way Home.

They could've featured him in a storyline like his first appearance where he mistakenly hunted Spider-Man because he thought he was guilty.

The_Amazing_Spider-Man_vol_1-129_%28Feb._1974%29.png

It would be as good and appropriate a debut as having Wolverine first debuting to fight the Hulk in the MCU. And since No Way Home is dealing with Multiverse shenanigans, Publisher would fit right in.

Put them on Hulu with new seasons and cameo the actors in other properties. Recast Finn Jones with somebody who has more martial arts experience.

You don't need an actor with more martial arts experience as Danny. Just give him a mask. Then you can use stunt doubles

Well they need an actor with more acting experience than Finn Jones. :o

I seriously don’t get the ‘they’re not the same tone as the rest of the MCU therefore they can’t possibly be connected.’

Not everything in this one universe needs to be tonally the same. Films like The Winter Soldier and Ragnarok are completely tonally different, but still exist in the same universe.
Much like real life, there can be many different ‘tones’. None of these shows need to be in a multiverse to somehow fit in. They fit in already. Yes, they’re all a little more ‘mature’ than a lot of the films, but so what? I’d say the lot of them fit similarly in tone to films like The Winter Soldier or even Civil War. They just took place in the more seedy parts of town and dealt with more sketchy characters.

the characters on the Netflix shows were NOT superheroes in the same way the Avengers are. There’s no reason they would have even been the same tone as most of the films. Most of the characters are reluctant vigilantes. All their stories were fairly self contained and can easily ‘fit in’ to the expanded universe. Nothing that happened in the shows even contradicted the films. At least, not that I recall. (Yes, there’s the missing Avengers Tower, but I’ll chalk that up to budget reasons and most people wouldn’t even catch that)

And I also don’t think any of them were super low quality or anything. Iron Fist was the worst of the bunch, but it wasn’t a terribly made show. It didn’t look like something on the CW or something.
They were quality shows and they can be even better if brought into the films/ current shows.
For arguments sake, let’s say they only want to bring back DD. He can easily be intergraded into the MCU. You really don’t need much explanation at all.

They can definitely soft reboot the characters, but to me that seems like unnecessary hoops they have to jump through to explain these characters and their new origins. Unless they want to make solo films of these characters, but I don’t see that happening.
Personally, I’d be fine if they used the same actors and rebooted the characters, but what does that mean exactly? What exactly are they rebooting or even need to reboot? Make them less ‘dark’? I’m really not sure what exactly needs to be rebooted, unless of course they recast the characters.

Last edited:
Punisher would've been ideal to use in Spider-Man: No Way Home.

They could've featured him in a storyline like his first appearance where he mistakenly hunted Spider-Man because he thought he was guilty.

The_Amazing_Spider-Man_vol_1-129_%28Feb._1974%29.png

It would be as good and appropriate a debut as having Wolverine first debuting to fight the Hulk in the MCU. And since No Way Home is dealing with Multiverse shenanigans, Publisher would fit right in.
The idea of Punisher hunting Spidey mistakenly is a great way to go.
Too bad its already been filmed .
We will have to see how progressive this 3rd act of Spider-man becomes.

You don't need an actor with more martial arts experience as Danny. Just give him a mask. Then you can use stunt doubles
You don’t need it but it is a nice bonus for me having actors who embody their role to some extent.

I can agree with that. Those would be the three I would keep. I'm quite happy for them to recast Iron Fist and Luke Cage, and get someone else for Bullseye (Wilson Bethel is starring in All Rise with Simone Missick anyway).

I liked Kristen Ritter as Jessica Jones and David Tenet as Purple Man. Mike Cottler I can take or leave, but they need to recast Iron Fist.

Last edited:
I would remove that Double Toasted review if I were you. It's full of bad language. And since they give Iron Fist a fork you rating at the end there's no escaping that.

None of the Netflix shows were near the quality of the MCU. After Wandavision, the difference is even clearer. Those shows don’t fit in the MCU. Multiverse, yeah sure. But not the MCU. Daredevil was the best but it had some episodes that dragged by so slowly

This is craziness to me. I'd pick Daredevil over most of the MCU. It is still excellent television.

So this is just a thought but if they're going to reboot anway how about this.

Use Loki as the vehicle to show they existed but not on the MCU Prime timeline. Loki broke reality right after the Battle of NY. That means those character's would exist right up until then in some fashion, then they would split off into the previous regime's pocket-verse, but there would also be versions in the Prime timeline. It would work for AoS as well. Their big change would be Thor 2 and the clean up at the site of the convergence. However in their reality the convergence would still happen in the same place at the same time. It's just that Thor would have had to find a way to prevail without Loki's help again still possible. Versions of the rest of the events could also happen, and the timeline shift be used to explain the variations. As for Ultron that could all happen in some version including the accords because Loki had nothing to do with that it was Tony building Ultron. The events of the Winter Soldier also could progress pretty much the same. Cap would've stated he ran into Loki who looked just like him. Then elevator Cap would've considered to be Loki.

As for the Dr S. one way to win comment and the lack of Thanos' events, I always took for granted that Dr. S looked forward from his starting point on Titan while he was sitting there. He never went back further to look at scenarios starting at a different spot in time like the Battle of NY because he wasn't going back in time to change that present.

I thought about Netflix Luke Cage watching Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Isiah Bradley's story and character would work very well with Colter's Luke. Isiah even says a nurse helped him 'die' so he could live quietly.

Utilize them for the movies.

I'm not happy Daredevil is still not getting a feature film. And that Ben Affleck movie, will remain as the only Daredevil film ever to hit the theaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"