Sequels What should Spidey's next "arc" be?

Dr.Dude

Sidekick
Reaction score
When talking about future sequels, the usual topic of discussion is the villains.... but the real driving force behind all the Spider-Man movies has been the personal storyarc and conflicts of Peter Parker, and rightfully so. For example ---

Spider-Man 1 - The origin story, nerdy Peter Parker becomes Spider-Man.
Spider-Man 2 - He gives up, "Spider-Man No More".
Spider-Man 3 - He finds and faces his dark side through the symbiote, and becomes "drunk" on the power it gives him, etc.

The villains are basically just used to tie into the current story.... So what's next for the wall crawler in SM4?

Man-Spider? All the movies really need to have some kind of change occuring in Peter, so I think that would be a cool path to explore. Although after SM3 it might seem like a repeat.

Man-Spider? All the movies really need to have some kind of change occuring in Peter, so I think that would be a cool path to explore. Although after SM3 it might seem like a repeat.

:up:

I loved Man-Spider. That's where I originally thought They were going in Spiderman 2 when he lost his powers like the 90's animated series. They could still probably tie it in. It would be pretty cool to see Spiderman have to fight some villians with 6 arms.

-Spidey fighting the demons inside himself.

Maybe they tweak it where spidey transforms into the Man-Spider the way Dr.Connors sometimes turns into the Lizard.

Then Peter and Dr.Connors would both be going through the same thing in S-M4.Both nice guys who turn into monsters sometimes,and both have a hunter who is trying to kill them.(Kraven)

They could even make John Jameson a depressed man because MJ left him,so he shoots himself in the head.But the bullet he used was made from a meteor rock.And when there is a full moon he becomes Man-Wolf.

Then when the sun comes up,his dead body could be lying on the streets somewhere.And maybe JJJ thinks spidey is the one who is digging up his son's dead body and taunting him with it,since spidey is always seen next to John's dead body right before spidey web swings out of the area.

Giving reason for JJJ to create the Scorpion to kill spidey.(For S-M5)

As long as we see another classic storyline with another Classic baddie I'll be happy.

For the next two hopefully when we know Spiderman 4 and 5 are thought of I would be gratefull to see Lizard, Mysterio and Scorpion (not all in same film) developed similar and upgraded like GG and Doc Ock.

My essential baddies again are Lizard, Scorpion, Mysterio and possibly Kraven if Lizard comes true.

:eek:

I would love to see a "Peter Parker No More" story line in SM-4 that somewhat parallels SM-2 where Spidey gives up essentally being Peter and is Spiderman pretty much full time. I could see Aunt May dieing in this one, not sure who the villians would be, probably Electro and someone else(Scorpion likely).

As for SM-5 it's got to be the finally w/ Lizard and the emotionla rollercoaster that would be for peter and probably have Kraven in as a plot device.

I would love to see a Sinister 6 in SM-6 but I don't think they'll do it(I'm still hoping though).

I wouldn't want to see Man-Spider. I would however like to see New York vs. Spider-Man where Jameson is determined to take down Spider-Man once and for all and enlists the help of Scorpion only he ends up accidentally killing people and then goes after Jameson and Spider-Man in the end is hailed a hero once more.

My New Trilogy (newly added: Nick Fury/ King Pin)

SM4: Villains: Lizard, Kraven, Wilson Fisk

Plot: Peter's girlfirend MJ is off to L.A for a shoot while Conner's formulates the serum to grow back his limb... but when Conner's tranforms into the Lizard,
Peter races to save his former professor and mentor from the citizens of NYC and himself... Wilson Fisk... a wealthy business man in NYC (secretly the King Pin), introduces Kraven the Hunter to NYC to kill the Lizard... Fisk hopes to gain more recognition in NYC by bringing in the Lizard, while Kraven sees the Lizard as his greatest challenge ever...

Ending: Cpt. Stacy is killed when a Kraven spear intended for Lizard lands in the chest of the wrong target... Kraven is soon arrested but not before almost killing the Lizard... Gwen and Peter relationship develops after Gwen is devastated by her fathers death... Conners is given the cure and recovers in time to prevent his death... Fisk is humiliated for his financial losses and the city's losses which gives him even more bad rep... King Pin swears revenge... right before the end we get a sneak peak of the location of the symbiate and the underground scientists who are observing it at the end

SM5: Villains: Cassidy/Carnage, Scorpion, King Pin, Nick Fury (cameo)

Plot: John Jameson leads a team of marines to take down an escaped serial killer in hiding... when Kletus Cassidy is chased into a remote facility... he stumbles upon a group of scientists holding the symbiate... knowing its his best bet to escape, Cassidy binds himself to the symbiate... suddenly this "carnage" goes on a killing spree and kills Jameson... J. Jonah Jameson, grieving for the death of his beloved son , is bent on revenge and blames his son's death on Spiderman for not being there... and when Gwen Stacy is Carnage's latest victim Spidey takes it personally... on top of that... Jameson's former girlfriend Felicia Hardy is now the newest pray to this twisted serial killer... Felicia is soon caught in the middle and doesn't know who to trust... Jonah soon takes matters into his own hands and consults Wilson Fisk (aka King Pin), the head mob boss of NYC on a plan to eliminate Spiderman once and for all... and together they fund the Mac Gargan/Scorpion project... but when Scorpion goes crazy creates havoc in the streets of New York, Jameson is left with no where else to turn while King Pin moves ahead with his master plan... a meeting with the legendary Nick Fury

Ending: After Gwen Stacy's murder, Spiderman is crippled and puts his relationship with MJ on hold while Felicia develops a soft spot for Spiderman... The scorpion tracks down SPiderman but runs into something else entirely... and alien-like creature Carnage tears him to pieces while Spidey eventually avenges Gwen (first bad guy he really kills violently)... at the end... King Pin visits his friend Nick Fury at the S.H.I.E.L.D where they run into an old friend... Doctor Octopuss walks down the stairs and says, "You guys call for some extra hands?" raising his tentacles... Roll credits

SM6: Villains: Sinister Six, Nick Fury, King Pin,

Plot: During King Pin's visit to the S.H.I.E.L.D headquarter, we learn that Nick Fury is holding super villains captive... Fisk and Fury make a deal where King Pin would be assisted by Fury to take down SPiderman and bring him in... Fury provides King Pin with Otto Octavious/Doctor Octopuss, Max Dillon/Electro, Quentin Beck/Mysterio, Adriane Toomes/Vulture, Roderick Kingsley/Hopgoblin, and the return of Kraven to form the Sinister Six... But when King Pin's team goes out of control while trying to take over the city... Spidey finds himself outmatched... big time

Ending: Spidey teams up with the NYPD and is actually supported by Jameson for a change as they try to take down the Sinister Six... Felicia dawns the Black Cat uniform and she and SPiderman pair up as well... nevertheless... King Pin and his minions remain too strong... Finally Nick Fury's Spidey Slayers, (originally intended for the capturing of SPiderman) are unleashed out on the SInister Six and the tables begin to turn... Black Cat takes out Kraven... the slayers take down Electro, Vulture, and Hopgoblin, the NYPD take out Mysterio, and SPidey subdues Ock... NYC is saved and Pete and MJ even get back together again...

FaT_tONle said:
If it's a new trilogy, I also think SPidey vs New York is the best plot... Jameson vs SPiderman... I like the JJ becoming manwolf and dying and JJ getting revenge with scorpion is a great way to go... obviously it's far fetched... but I wanted to include as many people as I possibly could...

SM4: Lizard, Kraven, Cassidy (Carnage cliff hanger)... Peter races to save his former proffesor and mentor from the greatest hunter in the world... in the mean time, a psychotic killer is on the prowl for one of Peter's closest friends, and when he stumbles upon the symbiate, he becomes somthing else entirely... can this "carnage" be stopped, or is one of Peter's most dearest friends destined to pay?

SM5: Carnage, Scorpion... When John Jameson, beloved son of J. Jonah Jameson, is carnage's new victim Spidey and Jonah take it personally... on top of that... Jameson's former girlfriend Feleica Hardy is now in danger from Carnage... Jonah blames SPidey for his son's death while Feleica doesn't know who to believe... Jonah soon takes matters into his own hands and hires and funds the Scorpion project to eliminate Spiderman once and for all... but when Scorpion goes crazy creates havoc in the streets of New York, Jameson is left with no where else to turn... just when things are looking bleak Jameson find an unlikely ally... Doctor Octupuss...

SM6: Ock puts together a team to take revenge once and for all... Ock leads the team which includes Mysterio, Kraven and the shocking return of the Sandman... recruited to the team are two former employess of the same electronic company, and currently now partners in crime... Max Dillon, a former electrical engineer who undergoes a horrifying electrical accident, and Adrian Toomes, a man obsessed in flight... make way for electrode and vulture...

Ock I couldn't see coming back to create the Sinister Six. He died as the city's hero. I couldn't see him arising from the depths of the water and saying, "Time to kill Spider-Man again!"

As for my future trilogy:

Spider-Man 4: Continuing on from movie "3"... the people of New York have lost hope in Spider-Man. Jameson has labeled him a threat, the police have named him Public Enemy Number One, and with now MJ deserting him, Gwen dead, and his best friend dead as well all Peter has left is his Aunt May and still his responsibility to be the city's Savior.

After the cliffhanger in "3" where Dr. Connors turn into The Lizard, The Lizard is now hiding underground in the sewers. Rumors have been swirling that a giant aligator is down there and people have found remains and bones. Spider-Man goes to investigates and finds his old friend and mentor has changed. A battle ensues, Spider-Man wins it, and with the aid of a cameo by Ultimate Nick Fury (played by Samuel Jackson) The Lizard is quarantined till Spidey can find a cure for his old friend.

Meanwhile...Kraven the Hunter has other plans for The Lizard and Spider-Man. Tales have reached his native Africa about the two and he being the master hunter that he is comes to America to find the two and put both of their heads on his wall. Little does he know Spider-Man is actually a human being and so is The Lizard...

Spider-Man gains the assistance of Black Cat and a new love interest and they face off against Kraven, but The Lizard also escapes, and Peter is force to put away with his old mentor for good.

End with a cliffhanger where while all of this is going on we see that the symbiote has made it's way to Ryker's where Cletus Cassidy is held.

Spider-Man 5: Mary Jane returns from a 1 movie hiatus. She hasn't found work in L.A. and returns back to New York to just become a fashion model and forget pursuing her dream as an actress. Peter has been dating Felicia Hardy for quite sometime now and has forgotten MJ entirely, but now she enters back into his life, and now he is force to choose between the two. Little does he still know that Felicia is secretly Black Cat...

A love triangle than forms. Felicia later meets Michael Morbius and Peter gets back together with MJ after much convincing, timing, and flirtation.

While this is going on Carnage is born and attacks the city.

J.J.'s son gets killed by Carnage and J.J. gets pissed.

Spider-Man 6: J.J. still grieving over his son's lost creates the Sinister Six to go after Spider-Man once and for all. Except this ragtag team led by: Kraven the Hunter, Electro, Chameleon, Shocker, Rhino, and Scorpion don't take kindly to orders and soon they cause havoc on the city. Spider-Man now must try and survive and save the city the best he can. He and MJ get married by film's end, Aunt May dies (unless this 3rd movie they do) and Peter hangs up his mask and tights and 5 years later passes and we see Pete and MJ have a little girl who will grow up to be...

That's a dark ass opening for a SM3 which will end prolly on a bright note... although you never know... same thing as mine really without Ock... but I don't think SInister Six works without the mastermind...

FaT_tONle said:
That's a dark ass opening for a SM3 which will end prolly on a bright note... although you never know... same thing as mine really without Ock... but I don't think SInister Six works without the mastermind...

True, but see I thought Jameson would work better. Ock I believed is resting peacefully in the Hudson Bay.

And we can't get the 'real' mastermind of the Sinister Six (Kingpin) because "Daredevil" has him. Unless, by movie six we could have a crossover movie where Michael Clark Duncan comes back.

I like your ideas NinjaTurtleFan for Spider-Man 4,but if they had Black Cat in this movie as a spidey side kick,then they should make it where she has the super soldier serum like Captain America has.

And JJJ creating the Sinister Six is a good idea for Spider-Man 6,especially since we probably can't have the Kingpin character.

But Spider-Man 5,shouldn't be a Carnage movie.After seeing spidey take on a villain with his same powers,Carnage would be boring.Part 5 should have a villain be in the first half of the movie where he gets defeated by spidey,then have a second villain show up in the last half of the movie.

This way you get two villains in the movie,they don't team up,and spidey doesn't have to be seen fighting two villains at the same time again.Because you don't want to keep repeating yourself.

And for some members of the Sinister Six,maybe you could have Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. show how they have some of spidey's villains locked up,and how they are still alive.(Doc Ock and Sandman)

Style 92 said:
Kingpin for the "next" trilogy

^Yeah they should introduce him as Wilson Fisk first in the movie,and then in a later movie show how he is the Kingpin villain.And Michael Clarke Duncan should not be him,for one thing the actor doesn't want to be that big again,plus we need a better actor for the role.

GoldGoblin said:
^Yeah they should introduce him as Wilson Fisk first in the movie,and then in a later movie show how he is the Kingpin villain.And Michael Clarke Duncan should not be him,for one thing the actor doesn't want to be that big again,plus we need a better actor for the role.

A better actor means another Topger Grace/Brock thread... you'll need a wrestler for the size... CLarke is the best guy out there for size/acting...

FaT_tONle said:
A better actor means another Topger Grace/Brock thread... you'll need a wrestler for the size... CLarke is the best guy out there for size/acting...

^Clarke is down to 280 now,and he has said he wouldn't get bigger if he played Kingpin again.Maybe they could put a muscle suit on him like the Juggernaut costume in X-3 to make him bigger.

S-M5 should be the movie where John Jameson is killed,and they could show how JJJ is best friends with Nick Fury,like buddies when they were both soldiers fighting in the war together.

And Fury creates the Sinister six for his best friend JJJ to take out spidey.And Fury would be smart to know that spidey has taken out powerful enemies before,so he could do it again if he sent another villain to go after him.

So Fury creates a team of villains to take spidey out.And it could show Fury giving JJJ a tour of the secret military base showing him the villains that S.H.I.E.L.D. has captured,and that they will use for the mission.

(Fury could explain how Doc Ock and Sandman survived when we thought they died)

GoldGoblin said:
S-M5 should be the movie where John Jameson is killed,and they could show how JJJ is best friends with Nick Fury,like buddies when they were both soldiers fighting in the war together.

And Fury creates the Sinister six for his best friend JJJ to take out spidey.And Fury would be smart to know that spidey has taken out powerful enemies before,so he could do it again if he sent another villain to go after him.

So Fury creates a team of villains to take spidey out.And it could show Fury giving JJJ a tour of the secret military base showing him the villains that S.H.I.E.L.D. has captured,and that they will use for the mission.

(Fury could explain how Doc Ock and Sandman survived when we thought they died)

Hmm...could work, but see Fury I couldn't see betraying his country to work with supervillains. To me Fury is alot like Sam Fisher and Jack Bauer IMO. I think JJ works the best to introduce the Sinister Six because he's wanted to take Spider-Man down for a long time and if you start with Spider-Man 3 where Spider-Man humiliates him or indirectly punches him under the symbiote's overwhelming power than he'd be as red as a bull and determined to get the city with him to take down Spider-Man, than if you wanted, just a suggestion like TAS you could have all these sort of "mercenaries" and "guns for hire" trying to go after Spider-Man and get a $1, 000, 000 reward. They fail so then JJ creates the Six because he realizes ordinary men can't take down Spider-Man, but men with extraordinary powers can.

I just through in Fury to connect to JJJ,because how would JJJ find or create one super villain,as in six of them.

GoldGoblin said:
I just through in Fury to connect to JJJ,because how would JJJ find or create one super villain,as in six of them.

Uses his money from the Daily Bugle than goes to Ryker's and has some of the inmates undergo procedures to make them stronger, faster, etc.

Maybe if you brought in Kingpin, Kingpin could help fund the project, and get his best scientists on the matter.

Just a thought.

Nick Fury is very intriguing and may very well be a last resort if we can't get King Pin... on a side note... I think we do need Carnage in SM5 since Venom hardly gets much action in SM3... Fury as and old friend of Jameson could help Jameson bankrole the scorpion project in SM5 to avenge his dead son... maybe as a cliff hanger... at the end of SM5 when Scorpion dies... Fury invites Jameson into the S.H.I.E.L.D head quarters and shows him what it is really all about... then as a cliff hanger... we see a weakened but alive Sandman... and just before the credits roll... (just like Barbossa)... Dock Ock comes down the stairs and says "You call for some helping hands?".... f***ing genious... props to Goldgoblin for this idea...

Spidey's next "arc" should be that of The Lizard/Kraven.

Then in SM5, Mac Gargan/Scorpion along with Max Dillon/Electro.

In SM6, .......two words...........Cletus Kasady.

FaT_tONle said:
Nick Fury is very intriguing and may very well be a last resort if we can't get King Pin... on a side note... I think we do need Carnage in SM5 since Venom hardly gets much action in SM3... Fury as and old friend of Jameson could help Jameson bankrole the scorpion project in SM5 to avenge his dead son... maybe as a cliff hanger... at the end of SM5 when Scorpion dies... Fury invites Jameson into the S.H.I.E.L.D head quarters and shows him what it is really all about... then as a cliff hanger... we see a weakened but alive Sandman... and just before the credits roll... (just like Barbossa)... Dock Ock comes down the stairs and says "You call for some helping hands?".... f***ing genious... props to Goldgoblin for this idea...

Damn, that Doc Ock coming down the stairs idea is really cool. I loved that in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" when unexpectedly Barbossa came down the stairs. I was like, "Jack survived?" and then I saw him and I was like, "Holy plot twist Batman!"

NinjaTurtleFan said:
Damn, that Doc Ock coming down the stairs idea is really cool. I loved that in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" when unexpectedly Barbossa came down the stairs. I was like, "Jack survived?" and then I saw him and I was like, "Holy plot twist Batman!"

Ya Nick Fury would be mad cool way of bringing some sense into a movie involving the Sinister Six... Ock alive is the perfect setup for Sinister Six... I also modified my plot to involve King Pin just in case Sony does get the rights eventually... King Pin working with Nick Fury in the first half to capture Spiderman and then backstabbing the SHIELD for his own motives... I think it could be interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"