What should Spidey's next "arc" be?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Dr.Dude, Jul 16, 2006.

1. weezerspider Registered

That would be pretty interesting, but I just don't think nor would I like if Fury would release a bunch of super villains. It still would be pretty cool, especially if near the end Fury realizes what he did was wrong and helps Spiderman

2. NinjaTurtleFan Turtle Power!

Exactly that's the only way I could see Fury brought in.

To me J.J. should have close ties to Wilson Fisk and after his son's death he comes to him for guidance and help. However, J.J. doesn't know Wilson is The Kingpin. Then, they get a group of convicts and assemble the Sinister Six.

I do however like Fat Tonie's Doc Ock idea. I think if you had Doc Ock and...
    1. Mysterio
    2. Hydroman (however he's pretty much the same as Sandman so maybe not) if not than Ultimate Beetle
    3. Shocker
    4. Mysterio
    5. Scorpion

Ock or Kraven are the only two I could see bringing a villain back. Otherwise, keep the villains new and fresh.

3. weezerspider Registered

I like it. However if Ock wouldn't be the leader, I wouldn't mind Hobgoblin as the 6th member. then again, GG is already in 2 movies. I'd rather have Ock.

4. NinjaTurtleFan Turtle Power!

As much as I'd love to see Hobgoblin I could not see anyone else playing the character/voicing him too than Mark Hamill. Also people will have two sequels of seeing Green Goblin flying around and will probably get tired of it. The only way I could see Hobgoblin being introduced is if in "3" Norman is seen standing beside his son's grave cackling at the thought that his own son could not avenge him nor come up to the standards of his father.

Then we see Norman is not alone and alongside him is Hobgoblin (his real name escapes me).

Hobgoblin: Funny, yet tragic how the father outlives his son...

Norman: He should've gotten rid of Spider-Man once and for all, but he grew too soft, too weak, he was coddled by that damn Mary Jane Watson. He gave up his revenge for sacrificing himself all in the name of friendship and love! These are the things we hate! The Goblin Legacy was suppose to live on!

Hobgoblin: It still can Norman...it still can....

Norman: What are you suggesting?

Hobgoblin: Our companies use to be partners for the same goal. When you contacted me on the phone I was shocked to hear your voice and find out you were alive and when you told me everything as you did your son I rebuilt everything from scratch we made together. Now with a new glider, a new batch of pumpkin bombs, and a new suit we could get that vengeance you so humbly crave for.

Norman: Then it is settled (shakes his hand). Spider-Man won't know what's coming... The Goblin Legacy is Reborn! :spidey:

5. FaT_tONle Registered

Goblin Legacy is interesting... but that thing will have been played out so much... and bringing Norman back too instead of Ock who is more believable... a stretch to put it modestly... it was hard enough to bring Carnage in considering how much the symbiate will have been played out in SM3, but just think he is essential to bring out the darker side of SPiderman's lust for revenge... can't see Hoppy though...

6. GoldGoblin Registered

There gonna stay away from Hobgoblin,Carnage,and Hydro-Man,because there to much like the previous villains we already got.The only way we might see these characters are if they just use them as members of the Sinister Six.

7. Eye Doc Registered

My opinion will probably not be that popular but I'll toss it out anyway. Why does the next film have to part of an arc? I'd love to see a fourth film, but I'm not sure if the next film has to be part one of three. Sony would probably start repeating themselves and the quality of the films would likely decline if too many film were made.

All of us could probably come up with a story to do in terms of a villian/villians. But, where do you take Peter as a character? When Dr.Dude started this thread he stated the grand theme of each movie

I'd like to see someone state the theme for Spidey 4 with out mentioning a villian. Once that's stated, everything else begins to fall in place. I've heard a couple of interesting ones so far like "Peter gives up on his personal life and Spidey takes over". i'd like to hear some more. At this time I'll admit to not having anything in mind. Being the serious actor that he is, Maguire is going to have to feel artistically challenged to do a fourth. Post away.

Eye Doc

8. FaT_tONle Registered

I just don't see how you can have a finale with SM4 that can top the stories in SM3... the franchise is gonna be pretty washed up after this and I am sure they will want to take a break... even from Spiderman... as the recent articles show... but now doubt sequels will be made... most likely with new casts/directors... so you really should try to break 4-6 as a new trilogy... and I no I am not the only one who thinks Tobey saving Conners just isn't enough for a finale that demands so much more....

9. paulyfknt90 Registered

omg i would love to see man-spider the huge spider legs r awsome! i think hes more intimadating like that

10. DACrowe Registered

This is an interesting thread as it is the most important thing to Raimi and Maguire. Besides a paycheck the thing most important for Maguire to come back is to convince him that there is another great storyline to tell of Peter Parker dealing with life like the first three. If it is just him vs. a villain it will lose Maguire's interest.

I'd say relationship problems and a troubled marriage would work but after part 3 it may not gel (I don't know how far the relationship problems will be taken in SM3 whether they are soely symbiote related or go back to the cliffhanger of part 2 which insinuates a "Graduate" type marriage).

But keeping MJ around (which is a non-choice after the opening scene of the first film) makes it harder. I think it'd be best to just the franchise rest fro 10 years and begin fresh wit ha Spider-Man played by a different actor and cast at the end of his ropes with the city and being hunted by Kraven who is also hunting his former teacher turned monster he must save, as wellas marriage has grown him and MJ distant over the years since SM3 (which will seem more like 2 or 3 even if made like 11 years later).

We'll see though.

11. GoldGoblin Registered

-How about Peter gets amnesia,and forgets who he is under the mask.Theme could be Peter loses himself.Maybe some thug takes advantage and tells Peter that they are brothers,and that someone is trying to kill him.

And the thug pulls out a pumpkin bomb out of his jacket that he has found,and says to Peter I wish I had more of these,but I guess this one will do the job if they find me.

Peter sees the pumpkin bomb,and he has a vision flash before his eyes of the Goblin's equipment that he buried.

Peter tells the thug that his stash of bombs is not far from here.The thug looks at Peter and smiles and says,quick get us there before they find us.

Peter takes him to the place,and the thug can't believe his luck.The thug is getting a little worried that Peter might get his memory back at any second,so he knows he better hurry.

He tells Peter the location of the Kingpin's residence,and sends Peter there to
    take out the Kingpins advance security droids that Alister Smithe has built for him to protect him.

Then the thug says after you do that,then I will go in and kill the Kingpin.Spider-Man shows up at the Kingpin's residence and takes out the security robots,and after a little while the Hobgoblin comes flying in trying to kill Kingpin.

Peter all of a sudden gets his memory back when he sees Wilson Fisk,because Wilson Fisk was someone he met at an event that Peter took pictures at,and Peter realizes what he has done,and takes off.After the Hobgoblin realizes spidey has got his memory back,and that he is alone to face the Kingpin,he retreats.

After the attack the Hobgoblin runs into spidey,and the two fight,but the fight is broken up by spider-slayers that Alister Smithe has built to kill spidey and the Hobgoblin.

Spidey defeats all of the spider-slayers,but not before one of them kills the Hobgoblin.Afterwards spidey goes back to face Kingpin,because he is the one responsible for destroying the city,destroying lives,and until today no one knew who or where to find the Kingpin.