What songs remind you of what comics?

Wouldn't there also be Column C? You know, you find a song you rather like and look for something from comics that it shares many thematic elements with?

Wouldn't there also be Column C? You know, you find a song you rather like and look for something from comics that it shares many thematic elements with?

Actually, that's colum b, I didnt' really read his question before I answered it because I was on the s**ter at the time.

Kryptonite- Three Doors Down

You Don't Mess Around With Jim- Jim Croce
" You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit in the wind, you don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with Jim."

Secret Wars I & Secret Wars II
By The Last Emperor.

Clark Kent
(ignoring the video)
"Nowhere Man," covered from the I Am Sam soundtrack
garyfrankclarksm3.jpg

Captain America
"When Johnny Comes Marching Home," the old war anthem
CaptainAmericaI_08.jpg

The Punisher
"Rooster" by Alice and Chains
Punisher04.jpg

Darkseid
"Call of Ktulu" by Metallica, from S&M
Darkseid01.jpg

The Joker 1 (B:TAS)
"I Am the Walrus" covered by Jim Carrey
The Joker 2 (Killing Joke)
"Any Colour You Like/Brain Damage/Eclipse" by Pink Floyd (Everything up till about 9 min)

KillingJoke.jpg

While reading 'Wolverine Havok: Meltdown' in the 80's, I happened to always be listening to a Youth Brigade album that fit it perfectly.

Sunglasses At Night by Corey Heart reminds me of Blade. Maybe not the sound of the song but the lyrics.

That song will always be Optimus Prime's song for me. It was a great character, song and moment. Good idea though.

Read My Mind by The Killers reminds me of Professor Xavier.

Toxicity by System of A Down reminds me of Carnage, but it also gives me an image of soldiers in the future going into battle, but most songs do.

I'm trying to think of a song that reminds me of a superhero & isn't either taken from the soundtrack of a comic book movie, or otherwise an intentional reference. Off the top of my head I can't come up with any. There are numerous songs that come to mind when I'm writing my own scripts, which may be clouding my ability to connect any song to someone else's work.

Now that I think about it, "Devil Went To Georgia" reminds me of Ghost Rider.

Counterpoint - if Kyle Rayner is Rodimus Prime, then that would make Hal Optimus Prime, which means you and I are going to have to have words, and by "words" I mean I'm playing you 42 bars of the ol' chin-music.

Oh no. If Kyle's anyone, he's Optimus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"