What The Heck Is The Point Of Art?

SuperSanchez

I'm Not Mexican
Reaction score
So I do pixel art, and I kinda enjoy it, but I can't help thinking. What the hell is the point of doing art, drawing, making artwork etc. I don't make money off of it, all I do is make it, stare at it for a bit, share it and then it gathers dust and It's just like, why do I even do this? What is the purpose?

art is a pointless destraction from the futility of our own existence, a momentary preoccupation to keep us from dwelling on our own emptiness and ineptitude

in art we attempt to transcend ourselves only to confront the existential darkness of the beyond. beauty is merely a bandage over the pain of our psyche, holding symptoms at bay until sorrow and cynicism overwhelm us, and we find that the bandage has been absorbed by the wound

Oooo, Phanty's gone deep on us. :p

Art is art. Make it for it's own sake, yours or for money. Whatever reason you do it for, it doesn't matter as long as you want to do it and don't try to force it.

Art is art. Make it for it's own sake, yours or for money. Whatever reason you do it for, it doesn't matter as long as you want to do it and don't try to force it.

I kinda force it on myself cause i cant think of anything else to do :p

exRodLa.gif

I kinda force it on myself cause i cant think of anything else to do :p

I like to write even though I have no formal teaching in it, unlike my sister. I didn't do very much for years on end but she convinced me to start up again and I'm in the middle of writing a book.

wanting to play guitar atm but cant find my pick D:

So I do pixel art, and I kinda enjoy it, but I can't help thinking. What the hell is the point of doing art, drawing, making artwork etc. I don't make money off of it, all I do is make it, stare at it for a bit, share it and then it gathers dust and It's just like, why do I even do this? What is the purpose?

I think Art is a language to express ourselves, just like poetry, music and literature or even architecture.

without art, many things would seem impossible, even science and engineering are closely tied to it.

Someone once told me that art is more of a hobby than a career.

Art is what you make of it.

an as Robert De Niro said "You made it.... and, you're f****d." lol

Seriously? If you don't appreciate any form of art, you are not human. Music, graphic art, animation, cinema dance all fall under art. Any creative human endeavor, even that kindergarten art is art.

If you are just talking about paintings you find in a museum then it ciuld be a number of things. It could be remembrance of times past (historical), devotion (religious iconography) or even ego (portrait).

I think you're not old enough to not be emotionally moved by any painting. Just go to any museum and just look. You will eventually find something that will speak to you.

There is no point. Give up you aint no Vincent van Gogh.

Entertainment.
Brag with your art, start your art thread here.

So that I have something to do when I'm stoned and can then pretend like I'm an intellectual and creative person.

Art is the interpretation of how we sense reallity and the interpretation in various forms...as simple as that, i guess...

Last edited:
I got one:

Art is.

....ohhhh

Well, for me, I either make paintings and drawings to give as presents, or, I will draw/draft designs when planning a building, a piece of property, a garden or something similar. How can one plan for something if they don't first draw it out to see how it will all fit together?

art is a pointless destraction from the futility of our own existence, a momentary preoccupation to keep us from dwelling on our own emptiness and ineptitude

in art we attempt to transcend ourselves only to confront the existential darkness of the beyond. beauty is merely a bandage over the pain of our psyche, holding symptoms at bay until sorrow and cynicism overwhelm us, and we find that the bandage has been absorbed by the wound

Damn, son.

:o

The same can be said about collectibles. We buy them only to stare at them, we dare not even open them, especially if it's highly collectible & valuable. :cwink:

If you enjoy it what does it matter if there's a point or not? Keep creating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"