What the HELL is wrong with parents today?

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm watching the news here in Houston, and I see the 2nd in as many days of parents leaving their children in the backseat of the car and going into work. My god, that has to be a horrible way for these children to die.

The one on the news was a 3 year old that they say must have fought to get out of the car, but couldn't.....*I'm in tears right now* I just don't understand.....

They give excuses of stress at work, at home, etc....but these are children.......and they should be the #1 thing on our minds.....NOT THEIR JOB, NOT AN ARGUMENT WITH A HUSBAND OR WIFE....

This just makes me sick.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5944506.html

:( Some people should not be parents at all! :mad:

I'm watching the news here in Houston, and I see the 2nd in as many days of parents leaving their children in the backseat of the car and going into work. My god, that has to be a horrible way for these children to die.

The one on the news was a 3 year old that they say must have fought to get out of the car, but couldn't.....*I'm in tears right now* I just don't understand.....

They give excuses of stress at work, at home, etc....but these are children.......and they should be the #1 thing on our minds.....NOT THEIR JOB, NOT AN ARGUMENT WITH A HUSBAND OR WIFE....

This just makes me sick.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5944506.html

Parents can not be trusted.

Keanu Reeves put it best in Parenthood:

"You need a license to buy a dog, or drive a car. Hell, you need a license to catch a fish! But they'll let any butt-reaming ******* be a father."

Very sad story.

They say that this happens 45+ times a year.......

A friend of mine has a note on her dashboard......"CHECK THE BACKSEAT"

Many believe this has increased because of the childseat in the backseat has become the norm for young children.

I have a feeling I'll be checking backseats on my way in and out of every parking lot from now on.......

I honestly can't understand how parents do this sort of stuff. I really, really can't. And I'm a new father suffering from severe sleep-deprivation. There's no excuse. Period.

jag

Keanu Reeves put it best in Parenthood:

"You need a license to buy a dog, or drive a car. Hell, you need a license to catch a fish! But they'll let any butt-reaming ******* be a father."

Very sad story.

The best line he ever uttered and 100% true.

I honestly can't understand how parents do this sort of stuff. I really, really can't. And I'm a new father suffering from severe sleep-deprivation. There's no excuse. Period.

jag

These days, being a parent should be the same as getting hired for a job. Your doctor should perform an extensive background check on you to make sure your fit to handle parenting. If not, mandatory adoption.

such a shame this happened. People are really dumb.

jag

Yes, my friend I spoke of before is also a new parent. She has just started taking her baby to the daycare before work, and she wanted to make sure that she never accidentally left her in the car. I think I may tell her to put a note on her computer at work as well. That's the first thing she does in the morning, is turn her computer on.

I have 3 children and I have the same stresses of life as any other normal american citizen. This behavior is unacceptable. There is no excuse for forgetting that your child is in a burning hot car!:cmad:

Like I said before folks. We have a sad future ahead of us.

These days, being a parent should be the same as getting hired for a job. Your doctor should perform an extensive background check on you to make sure your fit to handle parenting. If not, mandatory adoption.

Yay! Go Big Government! :dry:

jag

Yay! Go Big Government! :dry:

jag

I was being facetious. I don't really think that. Obviously, the government has no right to tell us who can have kids and who should not. I can see how my post could be taken seriously, though.

But still, there should be penalties for morons like this. I'm sure manslaughter charges are given out.

Its disgusting that people can do this ... do they not feel any guilt at all?
Why have a child in the first place .. its obviously not going to be easy ... so people should prepare themselves or not have a child atall
it makes me so mad :cmad:
[xx]

Its disgusting that people can do this ... do they not feel any guilt at all?
Why have a child in the first place .. its obviously not going to be easy ... so people should prepare themselves or not have a child atall
it makes me so mad :cmad:
[xx]

Agreed. I'm sure they feel guilty, but at the same time, stress isn't an excuse. It's ****ing common sense.

Excessive heat + No Cool Air + No Windows = Death. Oh, and their lugs are underdeveloped.

but if they hadn't done it in the first place then what would they have to feel guilty about?

but if they hadn't done it in the first place then what would they have to feel guilty about?
Even thinking of it.
I'm not trying to have an argument here but If people can't cope with children there are so many better things they can do .. putting them up for adoption for example.. where they will have a loving family which they deserve.
I think its so wrong ):
[xx]

Even thinking of it.
I'm not trying to have an argument here but If people can't cope with children there are so many better things they can do .. putting them up for adoption for example.. where they will have a loving family which they deserve.
I think its so wrong ):
[xx]

In a perfect world, yeah that's a likely possibility.

Exactly, and there are those that are abused in foster care, and by adoptive parents. Giving up a child for adoption may give them a chance, but it's only slightly less riskier than having to stay with their mentally incompetent birth parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"