What the HELL is wrong with parents today?

Exactly, and there are those that are abused in foster care, and by adoptive parents. Giving up a child for adoption may give them a chance, but it's only slightly less riskier than having to stay with their mentally incompetent birth parents.
Really?
):
I thought they like checked out the adoptive parents ... thats so sad.
Some people really are messed up ):
[xx]

Even thinking of it.

you realize that these parents aren't intentionally leaving their children in cars, right?

I'm not trying to have an argument here but If people can't cope with children there are so many better things they can do .. putting them up for adoption for example.. where they will have a loving family which they deserve.

I'm sure most of the parents in these cases believe that they're perfectly capable of coping with children. it's not as if they're saying to themselves "I probably shouldn't have had this kid but oh well, I'm stuck with it now.".

you realize that these parents aren't intentionally leaving their children in cars, right?
I didnt realise that, no ):
But to be honest is it really that difficult to know that you shouldnt leave a small child alone all day?!
I promise im not having a go at you ... I dont want you to think that I am.. its just things like this make me really mad.
:cmad:
[xx]

Hard as it is to believe, I think some people just dont know how dangerous it is to leave kids out in hot cars.

When my brother and I were kids, our babysitter left us in a hot car to do some shopping. It was nearly a 100 degree temperature I think. It got so we started feeling sick and she still didnt come out. When she arrived, I yelled at her that she took forever and it was really hot. She just said to stop complaining.

And she was pregnant. I feel sorry that poor kid, being raised by that loonie tunes.

I didnt realise that, no ):
But to be honest is it really that difficult to know that you shouldnt leave a small child alone all day?!
I promise im not having a go at you ... I dont want you to think that I am.. its just things like this make me really mad.
:cmad:
[xx]

never even crossed my mind that you were having a go. :) it's perfectly understandable that you would feel angry. I think we all do when we read these stories because it's so difficult to imagine how any parent could forget about their child that easily. it's not like forgetting to pick up milk. what makes these stories so tragic though is that most of these people are probably loving, caring parents who unfortunately made a horrible mistake and will have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

How can you "forget" you left your child somewhere? That's not something any parent should forget, no matter what. There's no excuse for this.

I think what is happening with alot of these parents is the judicial system is being easy on them because they know they have to live with this the rest of their lives.

I understand that that is the worst punishment, but I think if they start getting jail time for this, some may take alittle more time in the morning and remember what is important.

This article made me really sad. It's unfortunate that people can be so neglectful sometimes, intentionally or unintentionally.

How can you "forget" you left your child somewhere? That's not something any parent should forget, no matter what. There's no excuse for this.

A better question is how do these morons forget their own kids are in the car with them?!

Geez, if a parent has their kid(s) in the car that they're driving, how is it possible to forget about that? The idea of a backseat mirror is completely stupid.

If you put your kids in the car, the kids are in the car! It's not like they're going anywhere! Some people are stupid fools these days. These pathetic excuses for parents should be subtracted from the gene pool!

There have been a couple of cases here. One was a grandfather forgot to drop off his grand kid, he just forgot. Another, was a newly adopted child from Russia. The father was sitting at his desk for almost the entire work day before someone came and told him that he had a baby in the backseat. He immediately dropped to the ground, fainted. Really sad.

check out this fine example of good parenting

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GHWRkaHnZQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GHWRkaHnZQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

There have been a couple of cases here. One was a grandfather forgot to drop off his grand kid, he just forgot. Another, was a newly adopted child from Russia. The father was sitting at his desk for almost the entire work day before someone came and told him that he had a baby in the backseat. He immediately dropped to the ground, fainted. Really sad.

The other one here in Houston was a grandmother.....

I know that you are not making excuses for these people tz......

I will not take any excuse, you take on the responsibility of another human being, you live up to that responsibility.

These people are going through a good portion of their day.......apparently, not even thinking of the child.................if they did, they might actually save their lives because they would remember they didn't drop them off at daycare.......

What it tells me is people have their priorities other places.....................they need to get their priorities right.

One of our news stations are going to talk to parents that this has happened to, and hear their explanation. I'm skipping that program.....there is no excuse.

uh...Unfortunately I have heard this story many times.....but each time it makes it harder to hear.....Imagining that child's last moments were of suffering that would equal the treatment of a lobster as it is boiling in a pot....it is too unbearable to think of....If I were that child's parents I wouldn't be able to live with myself.....I honestly don't think I could live with that type of guilt for the rest of my life..... It sickens me that some people can be so stupid, irresponsible, and oblivious of their children.....

If you are in a part of your life where your work, or any other part of your life, is more important than your children, than you are in a stage of your life where you shouldn't be having them......

I was thinking the same thing PM.........and I can't get that out of my mind.....

Keanu Reeves put it best in Parenthood:

"You need a license to buy a dog, or drive a car. Hell, you need a license to catch a fish! But they'll let any butt-reaming ******* be a father."

Very sad story.

So true. And then go on complaining about violence and sex in movies and video games. They're rated M and R for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"