What to happen after Avengers? I might know...

im sure fox will try to team up wolverine and the thing. or iceman and human torch if they can, really cheese it up. i don't mention DD because he could work with the FF, but not the x-men and i really don't know much about DD so i am not sure what he really has to offer. i never found him interesting.

like i said i'd rather they go ahead with a silver surfer or maybe the shi'ar and could do a cosmic film. or have the ff fight in the negative zone or something. im tired of earth already. maybe the inhumans story where they get "visited" by the kree and forced to be their weapons in space. something cosmic.

like i said i'd rather they go ahead with a silver surfer or maybe the shi'ar and could do a cosmic film. or have the ff fight in the negative zone or something. im tired of earth already. maybe the inhumans story where they get "visited" by the kree and forced to be their weapons in space. something cosmic.

I'm pretty sure Fox doesn't have the rights to the Shi'ar or the Kree. And they definitely don't have the rights to the Inhumans, as Marvel is considering a movie with them.

Well, not the Kree, but more than likely the Shi'ar due to their connections to the X-Men. But I doubt they'd take advantage of such things anyway.

That sounds like a boos**t excuse.

The reason why they can all exist in one universe is because the FF were humans that got powers, while Mutants are a separate (In their minds) life form that will one day replace them. The general public can and has accepted the FF because of this simple fact. They're one of us, who got powers, while the Mutants were born with them. The FF are public heroes. Superstars. Saved the world on national tv with no masks, and full access. The Mutants are secretive. Could be anywhere. And as far as the GP is concerned, is plotting their downfall. Is it hypocritical? Yes. But since when has humanity been anything but? We live in a world where say, Americans can hate and fear people who practice Islam due to the actions of some crazy fundamentalists, while Christianity, (Which has it's fair share of crazy ass fundamentalists as well) gets a free pass.

There's your hook right right there. The hypocrisy of the Majority.

Plus, Franklin's a Mutant. They've crossed over before, and actually have some pretty close ties.

It's a boos**t excuse because that's the way Marvel made their universe.

Marvel has always run the "X-Universe" and the rest of 616 as pretty much two separate entities. Yeah, *technically* it's the same world, and *technically* all the superheroes are in it together for the same reasons....but. But: Marvel arbitrarily makes (most of) the heroes in 616 idols, while arbitrarily making (most of) the Mutant heroes universally shunned and feared. It makes no sense whatsoever.

"The mutants are secretive" --- how so? VERY few of the X-Men or the Brotherhood hide behind masks. Their identities are well-known, they wear distinctive costumes openly, almost none of them hide their faces or identities.

It's the 616 heroes that have the secret identities --- Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Peter Parker, Bruce Banner, Matt Murdock, and more. And yet they're the ones that are hailed as heroes....? Go figure.

Personally, I consider it a terrible idea, but I know not everything that's been in comics would work on screen. In this case, Iron Man, Thor, C. America and Hulk together. I mean, how do you team up with a monster driven by rage?

You don't.
Hulk doesn't team up with *anybody.* (See: World War Hulk.) This movie is fudging the "history" a bit --- Hulk was *never* an Avenger. He was given honorary status for his role in helping the team in their first adventure against Loki, but that's the *only* time Hulk ever served on the team.

...and before anyone screams "DEFENDERS": even The Defenders themselves would admit they're not really a team --- just a very odd group of heroes thrown together almost by accident from time to time, who spend almost as much time fighting each other as they do external enemies.

It's a boos**t excuse because that's the way Marvel made their universe.

Marvel has always run the "X-Universe" and the rest of 616 as pretty much two separate entities. Yeah, *technically* it's the same world, and *technically* all the superheroes are in it together for the same reasons....but. But: Marvel arbitrarily makes (most of) the heroes in 616 idols, while arbitrarily making (most of) the Mutant heroes universally shunned and feared. It makes no sense whatsoever.

"The mutants are secretive" --- how so? VERY few of the X-Men or the Brotherhood hide behind masks. Their identities are well-known, they wear distinctive costumes openly, almost none of them hide their faces or identities.

It's the 616 heroes that have the secret identities --- Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Peter Parker, Bruce Banner, Matt Murdock, and more. And yet they're the ones that are hailed as heroes....? Go figure.
First of all the people hate Spidey and Hulk. And they're not as fond of the FF or the Avengers as some might think, otherwise the events of the Kree/Skrull war or the Civil War wouldn't have happened. They tend to tolerate them more because, as I pointed out, It makes perfect sense when you account for the fact that people are hypocrites and idiots who just love a scapegoat. We do it in the real world. If we're dumb enough to do such things in real life, why the hell shouldn't we be dumb enough to do it in a fictional world? Never understood why some people have a hard time with this. It's so freakin' simple. People....are.....A-holes.

FOX will never put Fantastic Four, X-Men and Daredevil in 1 film. Because if they want to, they would have done it a long time ago.

You don't.
Hulk doesn't team up with *anybody.* (See: World War Hulk.) This movie is fudging the "history" a bit --- Hulk was *never* an Avenger. He was given honorary status for his role in helping the team in their first adventure against Loki, but that's the *only* time Hulk ever served on the team.

...and before anyone screams "DEFENDERS": even The Defenders themselves would admit they're not really a team --- just a very odd group of heroes thrown together almost by accident from time to time, who spend almost as much time fighting each other as they do external enemies.

Aaaah, that sounds so much more convincing than tryting to make me believe Hulk is just one reflective intelligent sensible co-operative being. :up:

FOX will never put Fantastic Four, X-Men and Daredevil in 1 film. Because if they want to, they would have done it a long time ago.
No, they wouldn't! It's actually now with the Avengers that we have different solo heroes teaming up, and if that's one a success, then Fox will try the same.

Well, I wouldn't say "WILL".

They might possibly get the idea that such a thing could be profitable if Avengers does well, but the likelihood of such a thing actually happening are slim to none.

I feel the same about combining Iron Man, C. America, Thor and Hulk.

And why would that be? Capt. America, Thor, and Iron Man are already on the Avengers and worked countless times before. Hulk...not so much, but he was one of founding members of the Avengers so he can be justified in the movie. On the other hand, mixing FF and X-Men together would be akin to fitting round peg into square hole; it doesn't really work. FF would be very compatible with the Avengers, but since Fox is rebooting FF the chance of that happening is slim to none.

And why would that be? Capt. America, Thor, and Iron Man are already on the Avengers and worked countless times before.

Really??? Cool!

Oh you mean... in comics, right? :csad:

You don't.
Hulk doesn't team up with *anybody.* (See: World War Hulk.)

The Warbound would take issue with that. You know, all those guys that Hulk was teamed up with during World War Hulk?

This movie is fudging the "history" a bit --- Hulk was *never* an Avenger. He was given honorary status for his role in helping the team in their first adventure against Loki, but that's the *only* time Hulk ever served on the team.

The Hulk was an Avenger. He may have only lasted as an Avenger for five minutes, but he was one. The first scan is from Avengers #1, the middle ones are from Avengers #2, and the last one is from Infinity Gauntlet #3. As you can see from the Avengers #2 scans, he stuck around after the fight with Loki, and even showed up at team meetings. He was considered an Avenger. He quit the team at the end of #2 because, after the fight with the Space Phantom, it was pretty clear to him that no one on the Avengers trusted him. He was still a member, though, as every other character in these panels state.

AvengerHulk1.png

AvengerHulk2.jpg

AvengerHulk3.jpg

AvengerHulk4.jpg

AvengersHulk5.jpg

Last edited:
How about a crazy scentist creating a doomsday weapon? Even more dangerous than the giant robots in Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow.

Or now that the Kree/Skrull war won't be in Avengers, it can be used here.
Directed by David Cronenberg or Tobe Hooper maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"