What Toppings Belong/Don't Belong On Your Pizza?

Shinobi Shaw

The Upstart Black King
Reaction score
Just as the title asks...

I'm a New Yorker, you know we are snobs and don't play about our pizza. I'm a traditionalist, just give me pepperoni and sausage.
And personally, the idea of having pineapple on a pizza makes me gag.

What do you guys say?
a5b5842d365f7555aca608f4a8bf3cc4.gif

Seriously, anything goes for me.
I’ve tried it all—almost every meat (no anchovies), eggs, spinach, banana peppers, blue cheese, feta, bbq, hot sauce. You name it.

And I love pineapple on pizza.

My only deal breakers are green peppers because they overpower everything else and mushrooms because I have too much self worth to eat fungus. (No comment about the mold on the blue cheese,)
And olives are demonic. So I don’t eat them either.

I’ve tried it all—almost every meat (no anchovies), eggs, spinach, banana peppers, blue cheese, feta, bbq, hot sauce. You name it.

My only deal breakers are green peppers because they overpower everything else and mushrooms because I have too much self worth to eat fungus. (No comment about the mold on the blue cheese,)

Wait a minute...
giphy.gif
Sir, I'm a very open minded person, but eggs and pineapple on pizza but mushrooms is where your ass draws the line?! I need to go on google because I've never heard of eggs on pizza before, where the hell yall do that at?

Seriously, if you haven’t had Bismarck pizza, you haven’t lived. I make it homemade:

1711340311890.jpeg
Pizza with red sauce, fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, basil and crack an egg on it.

The egg yolk will run through it when you cut into it.
Amazing!

For me, its very simple: pepperoni, non-spicy sausage, and cheese. Nothing fancy, period. I'll sometimes add ham, but not very often. Black olives are good, but not too many of them.

I know some people like pineapple on their pizza, but to me that's just weird. I've heard of some folks adding marshmallows, of all things - marshmallows!!! What on God's green Earth would possess someone, to do something so insane?

I used to like you, but there's something seriously wrong with you. You'll put freaking PINEAPPLE and EGGS on pizza, but not green peppers or mushrooms?!?!? WTH!

Seriously, if you haven’t had Bismarck pizza, you haven’t lived. I make it homemade:

View attachment 84657
Pizza with red sauce, fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, basil and crack an egg on it.

Amazing!

THAT ISN'T a pizza......that's breakfast. :funny:

Oh and BTW, pepperoni, mushroom, and jalapenos. Olives and onions are okay. Extra cheese is good. Grated parmesan added after cooking and crushed red peppers are good too.

Last edited:
As a NY pizza traditionalist, I keep it simple. it's just a regular cheese with some crushed red peppers.

giphy.gif

If I do want toppings, it's probably chicken tikka but only from a South Asian restaurant.

When it comes to anchovies, I'm like Michelangelo in the first "Ninja Turtles" movie...

"No anchovies, and I mean no anchovies! You put anchovies on this thing, and you're in big trouble, okay?"

I used to like you, but there's something seriously wrong with you. You'll put freaking PINEAPPLE and EGGS on pizza, but not green peppers or mushrooms?!?!? WTH!

Oh and BTW, pepperoni, mushroom, and jalapenos. Olives and onions are okay. Extra cheese is good. Grated parmesan added after cooking and crushed red peppers are good too.
There’s a good reason why you guys have a problem with these toppings:

1711413086047.gif

View attachment 84657

Amazing!
While we're talking "seriously", that thing looks like a bad, early sixties, bad...bad....(Did I say "bad") horror film monster.

Have you ever seen "The Crawling Eye"? :funny:

EDIT: Die Teufelswolke von Monteville (1958) ⭐ 5.2 | Horror, Sci-Fi

Seriously, I'm still not over that damn eggs on pizza. That really is breakfast LOL.

As a NY pizza traditionalist, I keep it simple. it's just a regular cheese with some crushed red peppers.

giphy.gif

If I do want toppings, it's probably chicken tikka but only from a South Asian restaurant.

You was brought up right.

Also, shame on ALL OF YOUS who dip your pizza in ranch dressing. Who the hell raised you?

One day you all will try prosciutto and egg on a pizza and you’ll say “BillyGunn was right!”

So, when I go to Blaze Pizza, I’m putting red sauce, Parmesan, shredded and fresh mozzarella and feta, with pepperoni sausage, vegan chorizo, meatballs, ham and bacon, spinach, pineapple, onion, and banana peppers with a Franks Red Hot drizzle.

One day you all will try prosciutto and egg on a pizza and you’ll say “BillyGunn was right!”

So, when I go to Blaze Pizza, I’m putting red sauce, Parmesan, shredded and fresh mozzarella and feta, with pepperoni sausage, vegan chorizo, meatballs, ham and bacon, spinach, pineapple, onion, and banana peppers with a Franks Red Hot drizzle.

Just answer me one question my dude: what goes on grits? Sugar or salt?

200w.gif

Just answer me one question my dude: what goes on grits? Sugar or salt?
I’m from Kentucky, but despite the southern locale, I usually put my grits in the trash. (I’m not a fan)
But if I were forced to eat them, I’m loading them with butter and sugar.

I’m from Kentucky, but despite the southern locale, I usually put my grits in the trash. (I’m not a fan)
But if I were forced to eat them, I’m loading them with butter and sugar.

Alright, you can be trusted... sorta.

LOL

Pepperoni, Bacon, Green Peppers, Mushrooms

Not so much a topping, but Meat Lovers is also a fav of mine!

Olives is the only thing I absolutely won’t eat on a pizza!

Anything I like is pretty much fair game. Pineapple. Pickles. Apples. Cherries. Chocolate. Eggs. Fries. Whatever.
Please, please, PLEASE tell me you aren't talking about pizza......

On more than one occasion, I've nominated you as "smartest poster"......Dear God......for once, I'm at a loss for words.

Pepperoni, Bacon, Green Peppers, Mushrooms

Not so much a topping, but Meat Lovers is also a fav of mine!

Olives is the only thing I absolutely won’t eat on a pizza!
At last......someone who is semi normal......

I don't even know if I can eat my spicy tuna roll.....but IMMA gonna try....

EDIT: I was successful......

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"