What was the fastest download speed you ever downloaded?

i'm currently downloading at over 1.6MB/s

:eek:

that's high for me

I think I've topped over 5MBPS and usually am well over 1-2MBPS.

Depending on how many seeders I can get 1-2MBPS when I torrent, max that's not the norm.

I've tested my connection on speedtest.net a few times. The highest it's gotten was 9.69Mbps down and 1.86 up. But it averages 6.84 Mbps down and 1.71 Mbps up. How do these speeds rate?

i hit 1.8 the other night :up:

I used to hit 3mb... and then we got four more computers and an xbox.

Did you mean 650kb per second? Even if you had a T3 line you wouldn't be able to achieve 650MB per second. That is just ridiculous.

Anyways, back to the question at hand, I myself have topped out at 2.2MB per second while downloading games from Steam and about 1.7MB per second on certain torrents.

i was about to say, Da... wait

vrzjp0.jpg

im currently downloading at 2MB/S

Funny to think that we have access to connections that are affordable and allow us to download at 2mb per second. Man. Kids in the future will be so fortunate. When I was younger (I'm twenty-six now), my family had a 33kbps modem. My download speed topped around 15kb per second. It would take twenty minutes to a half an hour to download a 5MB song. Now, that is mere seconds. I can only begin to imagine what it will be like in the future. 1GB files will download as rapidly as 5MB songs do for people now.

i remember that 33kbps internet all too well. mine was 26k :( i'm so glad i don't have that anymore

i remember i used to login to my email, go take a shower and come back and it still hadn't loaded. if someone called the house? it'd cut the connection and i'd have to start all over

my speed will increase when I move into my new home. so we will see how fast it can go :up:

Somethin like 1300kb/s. Nuckin futs I said.

I've tested my connection on speedtest.net a few times. The highest it's gotten was 9.69Mbps down and 1.86 up. But it averages 6.84 Mbps down and 1.71 Mbps up. How do these speeds rate?
On the site you should see a page for 'Your Summary'. It ranks you according to location, ISP, and the world. Here's mine for example:

captureae.png

today it went to 3.64 MB/s
i have proof

48259039.png

Little over 1mb/s -SOMETIMES - there are some lucky people here who are getting like, 23mb/s...average. :|

Ah Good Old UK, where you get 0.2% of what you're supposed to be getting. :D

Everytime I go over to a relatives house when I download something off of Megaupload it goes at 1.1 MB per second. Quite awesome.

^ Something similar here, minus the relatives house thing lol... I generally get very good speeds on MegaUpload. (Y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"