What was your first graphic novel purchase?

I'm feeling a bit old. Most of you are posting tpb's. I remember gn's just being original stories published in that format.

Glad I'm not the only one. I always thought a true graphic novel was a hard bound original story of a certain character. a TPB is collected stories.

Spider-Man vs Green Goblin and Kraven's Last Hunt.

Some collected edition of Batman stories that had Gotham by Gaslight, The Cult and a Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told. All 3 were held in a hollowed out hard cardboard case that has the Batman logo on both sides. It was like $20 bucks when I got it back in 95-96.

Ultimate Spider-Man: Learning Curve

Bought shortly before or after (I can't remember) seeing the first movie in 2002.

I think it's the only Graphic Novel I own.

This was my First Graphic Novel.

348fz81.jpg

And this was my first TPB

ofx8pg.jpg

Spider-Man vs Green Goblin and Kraven's Last Hunt.

I loved that series back in '87, I think. It was such a different and dark Spider-Man story and I remember loving the art as well. I will definitely have to get this TPB just to reminisce.

I loved that series back in '87, I think. It was such a different and dark Spider-Man story and I remember loving the art as well. I will definitely have to get this TPB just to reminisce.

Its absolutely one of my all time favorite Spider-Man stories. Kraven has been a favorite villain of mine ever since.

Preacher Vol. 1, bought it at a used bookstore.

Doom Patrol: Crawling From the Wreckage

I was collecting Ultimate Spider-Man and some Batman books at the them when I wanted to try something different. Wish granted and it was awesome. Still remains my favorite comic ever. I was lucky too cause this was around the time when Morrison was a few months away from taking over Batman.

Although I was already collecting single issues at the time, my very first tpb/graphic novel must have been The Death of Superman.

It was one of the trades of Grant Morrison's New X-men. Riot at Xaviers I think. To this day, it's my quintessential comic, offering up everything the medium is meant to be measured against.

Batman: Year One.

I think I might have bought The Dark Knight Returns at the same time, too.

Kingdom Come. Remained my favorite until I found The Long Halloween.

Now it's tied.

Spider-Man: Blue last weekend. Loved it. Anyone know if Daredevil: Yellow or any of the others from this series lives up?

They definitely do.

Hulk is probably my favorite.

Although I was already collecting single issues at the time, my very first tpb/graphic novel must have been The Death of Superman.
Minus the "collecting single issues" part, this is essentially me. The Death of Superman TPB was the first comic I ever owned.

First Graphic Novel? Batman Year 2

First Comic? An Issue of Incredible Hulk where Hulk and She Hulk battle Bi-Beast for a Felix the Cat doll.....no I am not making that up.

Spider-Man: Blue last weekend. Loved it. Anyone know if Daredevil: Yellow or any of the others from this series lives up?

Hulk: Grey is a great one. They used several scenes from it in the movie.

Thanks for the heads up guys, Hulk: Grey will definitely be next on the list.

The Death of Superman was my first graphic novel that I bought.

Hey Prison Mike. I know a Mike that will likely be going to prison in the next 2 years due to the fact that he's a hot headed idiot who demands it his way or he'll start screaming at the person who is opposed to him and is starting to get violent about it. Any advice I can give him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"