What was your first graphic novel purchase?

My first was Boba Fett: Death, Lies, and Teachery. Man, I thought that was the greatest thing ever as a kid because it was all Boba, but now better Boba stories have been written, and its a very dated storyline. Still like it a lot though.

Kraven%27s_Last_Hunt.jpg

Watchmen for me. I saw the trailer during the Dark Knight and Watchmen is what got me more into comics, since I considered it kids fare before hand.

I remember buying The Silver Surfer : The Ultimate Cosmic Experience , before the term existed.
a0_42077_0_FiresideBookSeries11.jpg

Now it's retroactively being called a Graphic Novel, although nobody called it that at the time.

Like others here, I bought several of Marvel's first Graphic Novels as they first came out; again the term ment nothing to me, these were just biger, thicker comics to me, just with cardstock covers and nicer paper and bigger price.
Death of Cap Marvel, The New Mutants, Dreadstar, X-Men: God Loves Man Kills

DeathofCaptainMarvel.jpg
new_mutants_graphic_novel.jpg
250px-X-Men_God_Loves_Man_Kills_cover.jpg

This was all original material though.

The first reprint collections I probably bought were; Dark Knight Returns, and Watchmen so as to not further trash the original books which I'd read till they were dogeared and falling apart.

Last edited:
I think mine was the death of superman, followed by world without superman then the return of superman.
Just mentioning them makes me want to read them again!

Hellboy: The Chained Coffin and Others. No regrets; I've enjoyed this series.

Batman: Bane

Y'know, the graphic novel that was way after Knightfall, Wayne vs. Valley, Ra's Al Ghul allying himself with Bane, etc. The one on the ship with Nightwing and Tim Drake as Robin.

:ghost:Hearts of Darkness II - Ghost Rider, Wolverine, and the Punisher.:ghost:

ghostriderwolverinepuni.jpg

It was that DareDevil trial story by Bob Gale and two artists from v2. Soft cover
Loved it then, loved reading it again

I remember exactly my first GN was in 1990 and it was The Dark Knight Returns, Batmania was still going strong and this bookstore called Waldenbooks in the mall had a spinner rack of comics and books that I picked it up and loved it. At first it took me awhile to accept Frank Miller's artwork but the story and colors made up for it.

I followed that up with Batman Year One and The Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told.

The first graphic novels I purchased were Kingdom Come and the first Teen Titans Vol. 3 GN. And my life was forever changed.

It was either Preacher or Watchmen. About 5 years ago.

The killing joke and also dark knight returns

I only bought individual comics when I was into comics as a kid. It wasn't until I was an adult that I bought what can be considered a trade/graphic novel, and that was The Truth: Red, White, and Black on sale at Half Price Books. What a disappointment it was.:csad:

Hmm

I think Kingdom Come was the first GN/TPB I ever bought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"