What was your first graphic novel purchase?

'Spider-Man: The Movie' Adaption or a collection of 'The Simpsons: Treehouse Of Horror' comics, I'm not exactly sure.

Hey Prison Mike. I know a Mike that will likely be going to prison in the next 2 years due to the fact that he's a hot headed idiot who demands it his way or he'll start screaming at the person who is opposed to him and is starting to get violent about it. Any advice I can give him?

[YT]-48OFresMkI[/YT]

I'll be sure to pass on the advice.

Jeff Smith's Bone. That or Watchmen.

Marvel 1602 was the first graphic novel. First comic book I can vividly remember buying is an Archie TMNT comic with the Manta Ray guy in it. That was actually years ago, probably talking 95/96 time, well before I really knew anything about comics.

X-men God Loves, Man Kills

Jack T Chick's Crusader comics. Paranoid (rock music is a Satanic plot to ensnare your soul), anti-Catholic (the Jesuits are responsible for World War II and the Spanish Inquisition and Franco's regime and who knows what else), homophobic drivel but train-wreck compelling.

A collection of Bongo's "Simpsons/Bartman" comics techincally but if you're talking about comprehension and love of artistic detail and storytelling, as a young man, it was either Miller's "Batman: Year One" or "Daredevil: The Man Without Fear."

Ultimate_Spider-Man_Volume_1_Power_and_Responsibility.jpg

Watchmen

Friend of mine bought it for me as a birthday present years ago.

The Dark Knight Returns. Still my favorite.

Batman : A lonely place of dying

I'm fairly certain this was my first as well. If not, it was one of the first.

The Essential Spider-Man's were my first TPBs. I remember my mom got them for me when we were going on a long family road trip. The actually lasted me the whole trip.

House Of M. My Dad had brought me ones before but that was the first one I brought myself.

First graphic novel I ever got was Man of Steel Vol. 1 but it was in the early 90s got it free with a Superman toy. First one I ever bought for myself was also in the early 90s and it was part of the death storyline it had most of world without a Superman and the opening of Return of Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"