What were your best movie going experiences?

Diemtay

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm not asking what was your favorite film, but rather what experience of going to the movie theater (or home theater) did you feel most entranced and entertained by the film?
For me…

The Dark Knight – Never before have I ever experienced so many emotions, and so much tension/suspense than I did in this movie. As embarrassing as this is, I think I may have been shivering during several scenes. I can’t recall correctly, because I was so absorbed by the film, but my body really did feel like it was going to explode. I saw it in Imax opening night, and the experience was one of a kind, you could literally feel the excitement amongst the hundreds of people waiting to see the film.

Inception – It came close to the feeling of TDK, but not quite there. The Mal scenes almost moved me to tears, I was really emotionally touched by the story between Mal and Dom. This movie also thoroughly blew my mind.

Avatar – Considering I was, well let’s just say “not sober”, and that it was Imax 3D, my mind was completely blown to bits. It was an amazing and beautiful experience.

300 – A gorgeous movie, and the action was really a sight to behold, considering 300’s style was very unique. Such a badass movie.

The Fountain – I was really emotionally touched by this film, and it really made me think about life. It had some amazing imagery as well.

Titanic – My third grade self had never felt more sad than I did watching Jack die.

The Matrix – My third grade self had never been more mind-blown’d.

The Star Wars Prequels - Say what you will about them, but as a Star Wars fan since I can remember, I really adored these films.

First one that springs to mind, and is probably my all time fav movie going experience is...The Matrix.

why?

a. I was not drunk
b. I had a perfect high from some sweet grass just before going in.
c. was with a bunch of good close friends
d. one of whom had a car
e. All I knew about the movie beforehand was that KR played a computer hacker who joins up with some freedom fighters in a sci-fi future.

so i was prepared with the most comfortable set up in mind and body for the perfect film... an extremely good mind trip twist, and the best comic book style action and plot ever put on the screen, I was like, 'this is how comic book adaptations should feel onscreen.'

em, some others that spring to mind also...

seeing Mean Streets on the big screen with a couple of my friends, we were just having a very good laugh at the movie, getting a big kick out of seeing it on the big screen, we'd all seen it countless times already, so it was quite special seeing it on the big screen as it was a fav amongst us.

seeing Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when i was a kid, the night the summer holidays ended, before we went back to school, ie the most depressing night of the year. But, when sat in front of the movie I forgot all about that, I missed Raiders when it came out, this was my first time seeing an Indy movie.

seeing the Star Wars OT trilogy all in one go was a very special day when I was a kid, I got to see them like that at two showings. They should really organise these kinds of showings more nowadays. Surprised they don't.

Iron Man & Die Hard come to mind as some of the best movie going experiences of my life.

I had always wondered what people felt like when they saw the original Star Wars for the first time. My answer to that came in the form of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

The excitement from experiencing the visuals described in the book come to life on screen, with an entire room full of people, was just absolutely breathtaking and euphoric. The music, the actors, the VFX and the cinematography! It was like a whole new whole world had been opened to me. It was also my first PG-13 film. This film really opened my eyes to the world of cinema and gave me a new found appreciation for it.

Even with The Hobbit coming out late next year, I don't think that will even come close to matching the experience I had with seeing The Lord of the Rings on the big screen.

An experience like that can never, ever be replicated. Ever.

Had the best audience ever, even met a couple of friends there that I still talk to now!

And the movie, well, we all know how spectacular it was.

Star Wars : The Phantom Menace

This was my first real experience of waiting and really anticipating a film. I remember the massive lines on opening day and going with two of my best friends. It felt epic.

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

Great film , seeing it for the first time in a theater was just amazing

Alone in the Dark

I hated this movie but luckily my friends and I were drunk , we made fun of it the whole time. Stuff like my friend tripping into the barrel and stepping over people but being in the wrong aisle I won't forget.

The visual effects/ 3D blew my mind. I still think this is the best looking film.

The Dark Knight
I went to see this in IMAX and was so immersed that I jumped a few times . Not only one of the best experiences but best films I've seen in a theater.

Inception
This was a similar experience to TDK. I loved the mixed reaction to the ending. There's no way to leave this film without talking about it and almost everyone was having a conversation in the lobby and parking lot.

There's a few others for me but those are the only ones I can think of right now.

I had always wondered what people felt like when they saw the original Star Wars for the first time. My answer to that came in the form of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

An experience like that can never, ever be replicated. Ever.

I know what you mean. Even with the sequels nothing could compare to the first time of seeing something so different.

You, Me, & Dupree

Sat behind a hooker and a john. Couldn't stop giggling.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World
I was completely wowed while watching this.It was eyegasmic.

Spider-Man 2
Especially the Swinging scenes.On the big screen it was phenomenal.

Fast Five in IMAX in Vegas. Good times...good times

Being at the Wellington premiere for Return of the King.

Memories of movies Movies I saw with my Dad, now that he's gone, are special to me:

Hook (Dad took us to this around Christmas 1991)
As Good As It Gets (Dad laughed thru the entire movie, 1997)
Star Wars (the re-release in 1997)

The last movie we ever watched together in the theatre was Star Wars Episode I. He liked it, and I was ambivalent. :cwink:

Indeed, the SW re-releases and The Phantom Menace were great experiences. Nothing has touched those theatre sittings yet. There's something about having the audience involved and invested in the movie (please note, the phantom menace was not that impressive a movie, but being the first new SW in over a decade, it was enough to satisfy... on a first viewing. Crap afterwards)

but I really haven't seen a movie since that carries with it such an involved audience.

The Dark Knight (first viewing) - the experience before the film started with all those people was incredible.

Inception (upon my SECOND viewing - so freaking intense my lung collapsed).

Avatar, probably. I don't think I've ever been so excited for a movie. I followed every tidbit of news and talked about it on SHH for about a year and a half. Finally seeing it was completely mind-blowing. The effects, the 3D, the final battle, everything. I was completely into it. It doesn't really hold up that well with repeat viewings, but it's always going to be a special movie for me because of that experience.

Iron Man and The Dark Knight were some of the most fun. Also, The Hangover was also a great one.

Avatar - The 3D was mind-blowing...no film has come close. Plus I just enjoyed the story.

Super 8 - Brought me back to the good old days of cinema, also super enjoyed the film.

Cloverfield - One of the few movies where the tension stayed with me after the film ended.

I had sex during The Sorcerer's Apprentice. So definitely that. Also the last few Harry Potters, Toy Story 3, and Hannah... for similar reasons.

The star wars prequels and re-releases.
Spider-Man 1/2/3
TDK
The Harry Potter Saga

The Matrix
Blade
The Long Kiss Goodnight
Ratatoullie
Forrest Gump
Pulp Fiction
Jurassic Park
T2: Judgement Day

Great memories. All of them.

I had sex during The Sorcerer's Apprentice. So definitely that. Also the last few Harry Potters, Toy Story 3, and Hannah... for similar reasons.
Please go into detail.:wow:

Watching TDK. Great atmosphere. Going to see the midnight openings for TDKR.

Why are you doing this during Disney movies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"