What would you do?

Docker2.0

Watchin' you!
Reaction score
I kind of know how Ice Man felt now. :csad: Anyway, my brother and I was riding to the store to grab something to cook. We drive up the road then all of a sudden 3 cop cars surround us. An officer gets out of the car with his gun drawn and says hands up. We don't have a clue what's going on. They tell us don't try to act all innocent cuase you are not! Anyway, they do a background check on our names and find out that we work for the government and that we have done nothing wrong. They then tell us that someone called the police saying that they seen someone that fit our description breaking into houses. They say we are free to go home but since my brother didn't have his driver's license, car insurance, and had a crack in his window, they had to impound the car. We are walking home and my brother is pissed saying that they had no right. Me working at a prison I told him I can see both points of views becuase having guns pulled on you is no joke! But then again, I asked him to put yourself in their shoes. Anyway, he said he will write a letter and do a formal complaint. Now i ask you, is this necessary, what will it accomplish or will it make matters worse?

I kind of know how Ice Man felt now. :csad: Anyway, my brother and I was riding to the store to grab something to cook. We drive up the road then all of a sudden 3 cop cars surround us. An officer gets out of the car with his gun drawn and says hands up. We don't have a clue what's going on. They tell us don't try to act all innocent cuase you are not! Anyway, they do a background check on our names and find out that we work for the government and that we have done nothing wrong. They then tell us that someone called the police saying that they seen someone that fit our description breaking into houses. They say we are free to go home but since my brother didn't have his driver's license, car insurance, and had crack in his window, they had to impound the car. We are walking home and my brother is pissed saying that they had no right. Me working at a prison I told him I can see both points of views becuase having guns pulled on you is no joke! But then again, I asked him to put yourself in their shoes. Anyway, he said he will write a letter and do a formal complaint. Now i ask you, is this necessary, what will it accomplish or will it make matters worse?

:huh:

Tell your brother that next time, have his driver's license and insurance certificate with him.

jag

I kind of know how Ice Man felt now. :csad: Anyway, my brother and I was riding to the store to grab something to cook. We drive up the road then all of a sudden 3 cop cars surround us. An officer gets out of the car with his gun drawn and says hands up. We don't have a clue what's going on. They tell us don't try to act all innocent cuase you are not! Anyway, they do a background check on our names and find out that we work for the government and that we have done nothing wrong. They then tell us that someone called the police saying that they seen someone that fit our description breaking into houses. They say we are free to go home but since my brother didn't have his driver's license, car insurance, and had a crack in his window, they had to impound the car. We are walking home and my brother is pissed saying that they had no right. Me working at a prison I told him I can see both points of views becuase having guns pulled on you is no joke! But then again, I asked him to put yourself in their shoes. Anyway, he said he will write a letter and do a formal complaint. Now i ask you, is this necessary, what will it accomplish or will it make matters worse?

Sorry to hear you had to walk but would you prefer people with no licenses and/or car insurance driving?

As for the "formal complaint"...what exactly did the officers do that was wrong?

Sorry to hear you had to walk but would you prefer people with no licenses and/or car insurance driving?

As for the "formal complaint"...what exactly did the officers do that was wrong?

He was saying having their guns drawn. Honestly, I work in corrections so I understand if someone is a burglar sometimes they are packing and you have to prepare yourself cuase it's their life or yours. I don't know. I just don't see the point of the letter or filing a complaint.

Oh...and lumping yourself in with Ice-Man probably isn't the wisest thing to do. Just sayin'

Oh...and lumbping yourself in with Ice-Man probably isn't the wisest thing to do. Just sayin'

Well........................I said that cuase he just went through something similiar. Honestly, I know they were just doing their thing and I kept my mouth shut. It just bothered me that someone will come at you with guns pointed at you. I have never had it done to me before. I have been stopped and everything but.............................I don't know.

His main complaint is that they pulled guns on us. Being in the situation, I understand. It's not a good feeling but I do understand why the cops did it becuase it's us or them.

He was saying having their guns drawn. Honestly, I work in corrections so I understand if someone is a burglar sometimes they are packing and you have to prepare yourself cuase it's their life or yours. I don't know. I just don't see the point of the letter or filing a complaint.

You may want to tell him it's standard procedure to have weapons drawn when in that scenario. He'll probably get the "thanks for contacting us, we'll take it under advisement" response from the department though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"