what would you like to see in season 2 of Wolverine and the X-Men

Heck, when does Season2 start airing??? Im ready to see Apocalypse!!! The idea of Jean getting closer to Wolverine and season 2 and questioning Wolverine's leadership with the X-MEN may make Cyclops feel shafted and he leaves and joins Sinister and Apocalypse in the future makes sense. Or maybe Sinsister uses a form of mind control on Cyke like he did with Arc Angel. Anyway I wonder will Prof X tell Wolverine that the X-MEN need to stop Apocalypse in the past to prevent this future. Whats interesting in that last seen is that alot of the mutunts were not in really in fear or looked liked slaves of Apocalypse, he came out on the platform more like a leader or messiah of the mutants in the future. Im really anxious to see how this season plays out. Just wish I knew when are they going to start airing new episodes.

Cyclonus, we haven't heard any news except that season 2 was in pre-production and there were some production issues that needed to be resolved before production on season 2 would resume. That might've changed by now, but we'll see.

I'm looking forward to how they address all these issues though.

I just thought we were past the crazy censors you know. like replacing guns with lazers and not being able to kill any character .

I wish. If anything, the censors have gotten stricter about what can or cannot be shown/said in these shows. If you look back at 90's X Men, they got away with using words like death and kill (though used few and far between), could refer to people as assasins, address religious issues, etc. But as far as "killing" characters, I was a bit surprised that they managed to "kill" Emma as well as Squid Boy and family. Granted, no one stays dead these days. I there was a lot more kissing going on here than in Evo (hooray!)

Definately Xavier and maybe a chance for a teamup with Magneto and his crew.

I was rewatching some episodes of season one, and I really noticed the influence of the X-films in this series, particularly in "Breakdown". I was wondering if there will be any "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" influences in season 2? We already have Deadpool showing up. I wouldn't mind seeing a Gambit/Wolverine/Sabertooth/Deadpool fight.

I was rewatching some episodes of season one, and I really noticed the influence of the X-films in this series, particularly in "Breakdown". I was wondering if there will be any "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" influences in season 2? We already have Deadpool showing up. I wouldn't mind seeing a Gambit/Wolverine/Sabertooth/Deadpool fight.

Wouldn't surprise me.

BTW, good to see you Clare.:woot: I was wondering if you had given up on the SHH. :cwink:

Hi Panthro! No, I've just been travelling a lot recently (luckily before Icelandic volcanos decided to close our air space!) and been working loads, so I haven't been able to pop in here much-though now I'm depressed hearing that there will be no season 2! Damn you, Disney!!!!

My report on the subject
“Spectacular” and “Wolverine” get the axe; fans lament and sift clues
It’s been a sad and strange couple of weeks for fans of Marvel Animation.

Just last week, Marvel Studios announced that Disney XD will premiere a new animated series based on the Ultimate Spider-Man comics. This news effectively crushes any hope about a potential third season for the current Spider-Man cartoon Spectacular Spider-Man, which appears to be over after 26 episodes.

But things got stranger when Marvel announced that their hit series “Wolverine and the X-Men” would also not return for another season. This comes as the greatest shock, as it was announced that a second season had already been greenlit, even before the first season began airing on NickToons in the US. Even more shocking is the sudden cancellation, despite the show’s unprecedented success on the NickToons network.

At C2E2 this past weekend, panelists Joe Quesada, Arune Singh, and Josh Fine were on hand to shed some light on Marvel’s upcoming animation slate. On the subject of “Wolverine,” they said that they were unable to work out the financing for the show with their financing partner, and so will not be moving forward with season 2.

Fine said that there will be a press release coming to clarify the matter of Spectacular’s final fate, since it’s also a matter of Sony producing that show and the character coming back to Marvel. When asked how “Ultimate Spider-Man” will be different, Quesada only said, “I can’t say much. It’s too early…It’s a different kind of Spider-Man show, but it’s still Spider-Man at the end of the day,” and that “it’s a bigger show than Spectacular in scope.”

There has been speculation for months about the uncertain future of “Spectacular Spider-Man,” so it’s cancellation, though unfortunate, is not all that surprising. More surprising is the decision to essentially hit the reset button by replacing one relatively young Spider-Man cartoon with another one, rather than simply renewing it for another season and continuing the already established story.

Spectacular’s showrunner Greg Weisman posted a message to fans, saying “I try to be grateful for what I did get. I got to tell 26 fun stories,” and on the new series, “I wouldn’t want ‘Ultimate Spidey’ to be judged on anything other than itself. Because that’s all I wanted for ‘Spectacular.’”

As for Marvel’s other animated shows, “Super Hero Squad” and “Iron Man Armored Adventures,” were both mentioned at the C2E2 panel and appear to be on track for their respective sophomore seasons. Although if a show as wildly successful as “Wolverine and the X-Men” can’t make it, it’s hard to be sure of anything these days.
Anyone else think it's weird that they couldn't get the financing for WatXM, but they could immediately greenlight a whole new Spidey show?

Last edited:
it would be cool if:Gambit could turn it to a x-men in it and 2. A Wolverine and the x-men movie could come out.

I guess Disney had some plans for their own Marvel cartoons when they did the buy-out, so they cut the existing shows so they could move forward. We are getting four new Marvel animes on G4 next year, so this could've been something long-time coming.

I guess Disney had some plans for their own Marvel cartoons when they did the buy-out, so they cut the existing shows so they could move forward. We are getting four new Marvel animes on G4 next year, so this could've been something long-time coming.
But they still kept Iron Man: Armored Adventures. Maybe they couldn't touch that one for some reason?

Probably cuz there was an Iron Man movie coming out, so cancelling that one would've looked suspicious. Maybe they'll find a way to cancel it this season.

It's probably because Marvel has the rights to that show, whereas Fox has X-Men, Sony has Spidey, and I think New Line owns Blade. The new shows were probably made so that Disney could do it in-house or something to benefit the company

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"