Clone Wars What's Next for Star Wars Animation?

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
It's crazy to think, but we are finally apporaching the true finale of TCW, the show that started off Star Wars canon animation proper. It's kind of scary, sad and well exciting. Beyond finally getting to see it, the big question is, what's next?

Along with Rebels, the two main shows have kind of had a through line. While they are based on their own eras and thus with era appropriate characters, they have had what feels like a continuations larger continuity to themselves. With May the 4th approaching the finale, part of me thinks we will finally get to see what is next, and my question is what are everyone's hopes and dreams?

For me:

- A post- RotJ show led by Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Lando, Hera, and our favorite pair of married droids.

- Doctor Aphra.

- Ahsoka and Sabine coming into play.

- Thrawn returning from where ever he ended up at the end of Rebels, to bring his classic Thrawn trilogy might down on the very young New Republic.

- Luke meeting Ahsoka and talking about his father with her. Perhaps even seeing her hologram of him from Rebels. I think Ahsoka would like to know the Anakin she knew returned before the end. Maybe she could even speak to the ghost version of him?

- Little Ben.

- More of Jedi Leia. She didn't finish her training, but she definitely has the skills. Maybe even a proper brother/sister team up moment.

Last edited:
I dont think the Legends Thrawn storyline can work in the canon now. His and the Chiss's mission in this canon was to seek allies and spy on the galactic government and infrastructure. Unlike in the Legends, the Imperial government and most of its infrastructure is gone. It is nothing more than a small military fleet in the Unknown Regions. So it wouldnt make much sense for Thrawn or the Chiss to come and try to destroy the New Republic.

Last edited:
There are some constants in Filoni Star Wars shows, and one of them is -
UMHO.gif

I dont think the Legends Thrawn storyline can work in the canon now. His and the Chiss's mission in this canon was to seek allies and spy on the galactic government and infrastructure. Unlike in the Legends, the Imperial government and most of its infrastructure is gone. It is nothing more than a small military fleet in the Unknown Regions. So it wouldnt make much sense for Thrawn or the Chiss to come and try to destroy the New Republic.
I don't mean a literal translation of the classic trilogy. I am talking about big bad Thrawn, taking on the trio and their friends after returning from where ever he ended up after Rebels. Zahn has apparently said he isn't allowed to do anything with Thrawn post-Rebels. I think this might be the very reason why.

A Star Wars What-If show would be cool to see. If Marvel is doing it, then why not Star Wars?

I want the next series to have Clone Wars level animation. I don’t want to go back to that simplistic Rebels style or that cell-shaded look of Resistance.

In this video, Dee Bradley Baker talks about how fans should take heart, as there's so much more wonderful Star Wars to come. While it's probably just in general... I'm gonna take it as talking about the next show :o

I would love a post ROTJ show like the Clone Wars with Luke, Han, Leia and all the supporting cast from the OT.

Tales of the Jedi seems to me to be on the right track. The Count Dooku episodes smouldered with coolness. They need to focus on Jedi/Sith/other force users from different eras who have interesting stories. Two that come to mind are Darth Bane and Princess Leia (as a full-blown Jedi).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"