Whats the difference between Jam and Jelly

Every time I pass this thread in the refreshed page list, I have that line from Halloween II pop in my head. Grrr. Make it stop.

But the real question is.... what's the difference between peanut butter and jam? :o

Jam is the stuff between your toes. Jelly is the **** you smear on your **** before ***.

Jam is the best. Strawberry from Smuckers is amazing. Other ones are good, but strawberry is my absolute favorite. Also, the new Dredd is really good. Never seen the old one, but I love the new one. So that gets my vote!

I need to branch out more. I've had various jams and jellies, apple butter and obviously peanut butter, but I need to spread my wings and eat some pumpkin butter, almond butter, etc.

Because they are making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

The difference between jam and jelly?

Depends where you live. In the UK, there's a huge difference. Jam is the stuff you spread on bread to make sandwiches (which is usually called Jelly in the US). Jelly is the desert which Americans call Jello.

As far as jam and jelly in the US goes - they're more extreme versions of jam in the UK. UK jam is more of a halfway house between the two so it's more spreadable but not necessarily overloaded with fruit conserve (depending on the brand).

Jam is actual fruit. Jelly is juice.

Seriously, people, do I have to do everything around here?

[YT]Z3ZAGBL6UBA[/YT]

The difference between jam and jelly?

Depends where you live. In the UK, there's a huge difference. Jam is the stuff you spread on bread to make sandwiches (which is usually called Jelly in the US). Jelly is the desert which Americans call Jello.

As far as jam and jelly in the US goes - they're more extreme versions of jam in the UK. UK jam is more of a halfway house between the two so it's more spreadable but not necessarily overloaded with fruit conserve (depending on the brand).

Hm. I didn't know that. Jelly in the US isn't really all the different from Jello. In fact, I think the only difference is that it probably doesn't have as much gelatin added to it as Jello does, since jelly is just fruit juice and gelatin basically.

Thanks for all the great responses everyone. It was a real eye opener!

Jam is actual fruit. Jelly is juice.

Did you say... juice?

[YT]qvwwydLiS-k[/YT]

86gPLlF.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"