What's the ONE piece of information to find out?

Jubba

Sidekick
Reaction score
I, like many of you, hate to hear someone start off a story with "I have a friend who works for Sony..." because there's never any proof and the info we get is always so vague that anyone could hvae made it up. But here's the deal...
I have a friend that is good friends with someone who DOES work for Sony and who IS currently working on Spider-man 3. You've got to admit that this is at least possible. Now, it looks like they talk frequently enough that I could try to get my friend to ask a question - and because they chat about his work sometimes, it would be reasonable for him to answer her and maybe let something slip. Without really planning, I've said that my friend should try to find out who Topher is playing, but I realize that there may be better questions to ask.
The one piece of information I've recieved is that Sam Raimi does not have a firm script that they are sticking with. Meaning that they is a general plot to the movie but that since Sony is pretty much guaranteed to make money off of this movie, they ahve not set a budget and they are open to ongoing revisions for script and scenes.
The point of this thread/post is to find out what the best piece of information would be to get. If I can get my friend to sneak in just ONE question, what should it be? This is, of course, assuming that her contact at Sony would know the answer to any given question, which he might not. He works in the visual effects dept, though - so I have a feeling he has to know something about most of the movie.
So, what one piece of information should I see if we can get from this contact? No guarantees, obviously - but I'll do what I can to serve the Spider-man hype.

I say spiders eye too... :p

there was so much discussion around here about it... may as well find out officially.

Spidey's Eye,............. what's in it? Nothing:o

Topher's role would be the biggest followed by Franco playing Goblin or not, and if so, which one(obviously should be GG but you never know with Raimi). Who dies would be interesting but it would be info I wouldn't want to know.....as for the eye, meh I don't think there was meant to be anything in it, and if there is, it's obviously nowhere near as important as the first two choices.

But of course you realize most people would be sceptical, as I am, and I am pretty much just humouring you....but we'll see...

Another good question would be, "What would be the biggest surprise in the movie?"

I have a friend who used to know a guy who at some point worked for a woman who knew a guy who's friend actually said one day that he was 100% sure he used to play tennis with a woman who's sister's Dad once said she would love to work at a company that was quite near Sony Studio's, but unfortunately I don't see him anyomore :)

Hope this helps :)

But seriously - I've just been asked by Sony UK to do some designs for their PSP's so people can download them as desktops - how cool is that?

I would like to know if Harry is a goblin and fights in this movie.

The problem is even IF you really know somone at sony, they'll only give you what's known or more of the rumors. I do think some of them were started by sony. Maybe all the employees were given fake stories incase people who knew there cousins, brother's, girilfriend started asking questions.

daveswb said:
The problem is even IF you really know somone at sony, they'll only give you what's known or more of the rumors. I do think some of them were started by sony. Maybe all the employees were given fake stories incase people who knew there cousins, brother's, girilfriend started asking questions.

Yeah entirely possible, but I do have the contact and since it's not my friend directly I don't know for sure if he would know much at this stage or if he would be likely to let anything slip. I do think, though, that he would be much more likely to just say something like "I can't tell you that" than make something up. Like I said initially, no guarantees that I can get anything out of the guy that's useful or even beyond the rumours, but I figure it's worth a shot. The guy has won awards for his work on other Sony movies in the visual effects dept...he exists and I kind of wish he was my friend directly.

Ugh...ok, I now feel compelled to ask this:
Even if you or anybody else claiming he has a ‘contact’ is honest, why in hell would we need or even want to know it prematurely? Why can’t we just sit back, relax and simply fantasize about what is to come until Sony finally tells us the whole truth themselves?

Topher's role is already practically confirmed, but I voted it anyway.

Considering topher's role is basically confirmed, i wouldn't mind knowing the origin of the symbiote... everything else might be TOO big for me to know.

I also would like Sony to shut up all of the people saying there's something in the eye, that would be nice too.

I still think it would be great if all the "Venom slips" were intentional and set up by Raimi to create hype.

ask if I can play spider-man if there's a fourth movie.

Will we ever see the Spider Armor, lol hack hack

Spider-X-Treme said:
Ugh...ok, I now feel compelled to ask this:
Even if you or anybody else claiming he has a ‘contact’ is honest, why in hell would we need or even want to know it prematurely? Why can’t we just sit back, relax and simply fantasize about what is to come until Sony finally tells us the whole truth themselves?

Because you are in the "spoilers" forum and that's what people here are looking for.

Frenzy said:
I have a friend who used to know a guy who at some point worked for a woman who knew a guy who's friend actually said one day that he was 100% sure he used to play tennis with a woman who's sister's Dad once said she would love to work at a company that was quite near Sony Studio's, but unfortunately I don't see him anyomore :)

Hope this helps :)

But seriously - I've just been asked by Sony UK to do some designs for their PSP's so people can download them as desktops - how cool is that?

congrats on psp job. when you do some can you post them here as well

Wait, download PSPs as desktops? What? I don't understand what you're designing, Frenzy. But congrats on the job, whatever it is...

Anyway, I don't think there's too much more to wait for but for Sony to confirm who's who in the film.

Jubba said:
The one piece of information I've recieved is that Sam Raimi does not have a firm script that they are sticking with. Meaning that they is a general plot to the movie but that since Sony is pretty much guaranteed to make money off of this movie, they ahve not set a budget and they are open to ongoing revisions for script and scenes..

hahahaha..So they have been filming since Nov AND filming ends around June and they DONT have a final script? Yeah..ok

How about you answer all of the question listed in DETAIL, if not, you're useless. And this becomes another idiotic thread...with someone who knows someone who works for Sony--that should eventually be closed, if we don't get some answers from you by the second page.:cool:

The cliff hanger with Franco and of course Grace and Churches roles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"