What's with all the new teen heroes?

King Ruler

Sidekick
Reaction score
Now as a teen myself, I have nothing against teen heroes, but the sudden boom of them in the pages of "Teen Titans" is really bothering, mainly because all of them are unoriginal! Miss Martian? Talon? Power Boy? All of these guys and gals are just younger versions of the heroes they've modeled themselves after and it's just lazy IMO. Why not bring back the entire YJ reserves? I mean they could've needed the spotlight and some of them are really cool heroes. But more importantly: they're original and not carbon copies of the Martian Manhunter and Zatana!

What do you think?

This again? Are you one of those lazy teens and couldn't have looked back a couple of pages to find the original thread YOU started?:D Or do you just like complaining that much?:o

For shame....I thought I posted this once, but I thought it was on another board. I guess it's really bothering me that much.

So anyway, since this thread is here:

I like the new influx of teen heroes... the one I do hate is Little Barda... I mean, it looks EXACTLY like Barda... EXACTLY...

O and Miss Martian was explained more or less in the newest issue of Teen Titans.

I'm still hoping that Zatara is the illigitimate child of Zatanna and John Constantine.

Darthphere said:
Oh god no. They deserve better.

Hey, it might be funny for John to not only find out that he's got a kid, but that his kid is a completely self centered twit who apears on talk shows. :woot:

The Question said:
I'm still hoping that Zatara is the illigitimate child of Zatanna and John Constantine.

Well, hope against hope 'cause it's already been said in the comic that he's Zatanna's cousin. And I agree with Darthphere, it'd suck if he was an illegitimate child. It might suit John, but Zee has had enough bad stuff happen to her to furhter soil her that way.:mad:

Tropico said:
Well, hope against hope 'cause it's already been said in the comic that he's Zatanna's cousin.

Ah. Well, I stand corected.

I wonder how long before they get a new Kid Flash, so they can have someone to replace Bart durring the next big crissis.

Kitsune said:
I wonder how long before they get a new Kid Flash, so they can have someone to replace Bart durring the next big crissis.

Maybe it'll be the inverse in the next Crisis and they revive a Flash instead of killing one.:D:p

XwolverineX said:
lol, wow. That's pathetic. :woot:

Okay yes, we've alreday established how ******ed of a mistake that was. Get over it. Move on.

Okay, what kind of Person names his kids Zatara... I'm mean, sure it's his brother's name, but still. Does Zatara have siblings named Dwezil and Moonunit?

I have a guess at the origin for Power Boy.... his parrents foresaw the events that caused Atlantis to sink and they sent him into space where he landed on New Genisis. This doesn't explain the powers, though magic would be a logical explination, but it does merge the original origin for the character with the new gods referances.

Kitsune said:
Okay, what kind of Person names his kids Zatara... I'm mean, sure it's his brother's name, but still. Does Zatara have siblings named Dwezil and Moonunit?

Someone who was close to his brother, idolized him or perhaps saw that it would be an honor to name him after a great man?

Found this online... thought I'd share it.
tt831.jpg

Young Frankenstien, WTF? Wasn't that a Mel Brooks flick?

Kitsune said:
Isn't his first name Zachary? Zatara is the family name.

Mister J said:
Isn't his first name Zachary? Zatara is the family name.
So Zatanta's full name is Zatana Zatara?

And here I thought it was Zatanadanadana.

Yep.

Giovanni 'John' Zatara
Zatanna Zatara
Zachary Zatara

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"