• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's worse? Marijuana or Alcohol?

blind_fury

Avenger
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
13,584
Reaction score
0
Points
31
Does alcohol have any medicinal benefits?

How many people have died from marijuana poisoning?
 
Mary Jane is worse. My uncle by the way was prescribed a beer a day from his doctor because it keeps his blood pressure down. That is weirdly truthful.
 
They are both bad, but in a societal context more lives are destroyed by alcohol, by far.
 
No, beer is worse. compare smoking an eighth to drinking 8 beers at a party. Beer is harder on the liver, and alchohal does more to the brain. Pot here and there has pretty much no long term effects.
 
chaseter said:
Mary Jane is worse. My uncle by the way was prescribed a beer a day from his doctor because it keeps his blood pressure down. That is weirdly truthful.
:rolleyes:
 
Wilhelm-Scream said:
They are both bad, but in a societal context more lives are destroyed by alcohol, by far.

.....
 
Alcohol, if I remember correctly is more harmful to your body.
 
Alcohol is worse for you. People rarely smoke enough marijuana in one sitting to make them sick. It happens a lot with alcohol. And besides, red wine is supposed to be good for you. There is cancer associated withs smoking but moreso with tobacco than marijuana.
 
Alcohol is a stronger inhibitor. Given similar dosage, you are less capable under the influence of alcohol than under the influence of THC.
 
blind_fury said:
Does alcohol have any medicinal benefits?

How many people have died from marijuana poisoning?
They both have good and bad points.....the good comes with use in moderation.....not too many things are good in high quanities.

A beer a day can be prescribed for some people to help with certain things (such as helping clear the kidneys) and marijuana can be used to help relieve the pain of glaucoma.
 
C. Lee said:
They both have good and bad points.....the good comes with use in moderation.....not too many things are good in high quanities.

A beer a day can be prescribed for some people to help with certain things (such as helping clear the kidneys) and marijuana can be used to help relieve the pain of glaucoma.

plus, and help me out C.Lee since you're the elder of the Hype.
was Randolph Hearst not instrumental in the outlawing of marijuana because it cut into his lumber business? I remember reading something about that long time ago.
 
I can't believe there's even a debate on this. Alcohol kills millions of people every year. Millions.
 
found a lot of stuff about it

"Media mogul William Randolph Hearst owned enormous timber acreage and stood lose a fortune as new technology was making it possible to produce hemp paper far cheaper than wood-pulp paper. Popular Mechanics, for instance, predicted that hemp would become America's first "billion-dollar crop." The magazine pointed out that "10,000 acres devoted to hemp will produce as much paper as 40,000 acres of average forest land." (The Emperor Wears no Clothes)

Hearst began a deliberate campaign to demonize marijuana through his vast chain of newspapers. He linked it to Mexican immigrants and jazz musicians (mostly people of color), and he ran story after story telling of the debauchery that users would engage in. Some quotes from Hearst papers:

"Marihuana makes fiends of boys in thirty days -- Hashish goads users to bloodlust." "By the tons it is coming into this country -- the deadly, dreadful poison that racks and tears not only the body, but the very heart and soul of every human being who once becomes a slave to it in any of its cruel and devastating forms.... Marihuana is a short cut to the insane asylum. Smoke marihuana cigarettes for a month and what was once your brain will be nothing but a storehouse of horrid specters. Hasheesh makes a murderer who kills for the love of killing out of the mildest mannered man who ever laughed at the idea that any habit could ever get him...."

"Users of marijuana become STIMULATED as they inhale the drug and are LIKELY TO DO ANYTHING. Most crimes of violence in this section, especially in country districts are laid to users of that drug." "Was it marijuana, the new Mexican drug, that nerved the murderous arm of Clara Phillips when she hammered out her victim's life in Los Angeles?... THREE-FOURTHS OF THE CRIMES of violence in this country today are committed by DOPE SLAVES -- that is a matter of cold record."
 
psylockolussus said:
Marijuana, it is still illegal in a lot of countries.
And yet cigarettes are legal, even though we know for a fact that they kill and that the tobacco companies intentionally include 226 additives to make them more addictive.

I just tried to quit smoking on my 2 week vacation. I made it 8 days and it never got easier, it was hell and I'd've traded my Mom's right leg for just one smoke.

In Nazi Germany it was illegal to hide a Jew in your attic.
The illegality has nothing to do with it's being "worse" or not.
 
psylockolussus said:
Marijuana, it is still illegal in a lot of countries.
Just because it IS illegal doesn't mean it SHOULD be illegal.
 
ahahahahaha! some hilarity from god ole' 1937

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others."

"...the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."

"Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death."

"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

"Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing"

"You smoke a joint and you're likely to kill your brother."

"Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind."


oh noes! marijuana causes white women to seek relations with ENTERTAINERS!!!!! LOL!
 
Mr Sparkle said:
ahahahahaha! some hilarity from god ole' 1937

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others."
Actually as it turns out that is caused by cocaine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"