How Marijuana is viewed upon by society now?

CashforStash

Baned User (get it)
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how the hype feels how society views Marijuana now.

Personally, 10 years ago if someone was smoking any type of marijuana using any kind of method, cops would have been called asap (at least with the experiences i had and heard/saw) and now the big thing that i see kids and such do in public areas like parks and parking lots is water bottle bongs and stuff, and all the cops do when they catch them is take the water bottle bong away and take their gaunja with usually no tickets or anything.

It feels like it's essentially legal because of how tame the cops and laws are here for it.

How does your area view the green?

Almost everyone I know smokes up at least once a week. Personally, it's not for me anymore and I was smoking up almost every day for over a year. When I stopped I did notice I became a lot more productive.

Cop wise, I was taken in 3 years for my friends rolling up. They actually put is in handcuffs and brought us in.

I think there is a growing amount of people fed up with the failure that is the "War on Drugs".

I highly suggest seeing the movie "breaking the taboo" its the new one, narrated by Morgan Freeman.

I'm former military police, and I can tell you I dissagree entirely with the war on drugs.

I'm not an advocate of addiction either, I think its horrible, but is a disease that the criminal justice system was never meant to deal with.

Also see the result of alcohol prohibition.

What we have today is the same thing, but simply 10x worse.

The USA (where I'm at) has the worlds highest amount of inmates, per capita, in a country that prides itself on personal freedoms.

http://www.globalcommissionondrugs.org/

I'm not just talking about weed, I'm talking all of it.

Whenever an opening is made for a black market, one exists, then so do all the other criminal elements that come with it, that's the gangs, cartels, the violence over the trade.

Nothing short of complete draconic totalitarian control would win it. I don't feel like living in a police state.

There are still people heavily against it, but nowadays I think it's seen as less and less of a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I've been addicted to alcohol and let me tell you alcohol is 1000 times worse than weed. Period. Now I quit smoking about a year ago because I just got tired of never really knowing when you are going to need to take a urine test. Plus I got too paranoid. But if it was ever legal I would go back to smoking every blue moon. They really need to stop making take piss and hair test just to get a darn job.

I think society is lightening up on it, since it's not that harmful.

I, personally, will never do it. I think it, along with tobacco, is f***ing disgusting. But, if someone wants to do it, let them. Though, I hate the *******s who go overboard with their "love of weed". Anyone who wears clothing with marijuana leaves on it is just trashy.

I'm not a user, but I don't see the harm in the stuff when used on an average basis. There is a thing as doing it too much and there are a lot of people who cannot see that. And don't tell me you can't get an addiction to weed just because it isn't considered an addictive drug.

On that note, I know my parents and others in my family and some others still frown on it quite heavily. I think once we see the 90's generation running the show, will we see the major taboos being dropped completely.

30700183.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, the smoke from weed is worse for you than the smoke from cigarettes - this, however, is only in the moment. So those with some sort of lung disease will be more likely to suffer from marijuana smoke than tobacco smoke, but "healthy people" are more like to get lung disease from smoking tobacco than from weed.

Pretty interesting.

I can't speak for "society". On my own behalf, if you want to smoke it, please don't smoke weed when I'm around. The smell of it makes me nauseous. If you do smoke it, please, make sure you're wearing clothing that does not reek of it when I ride an elevator with you either.

That said, I don't think it should be illegal. There are other, worse, legal drugs out there and many people truly do need it for medicinal reasons.

Still, I found it hard to enjoy a number of concerts I went to because the reefer was making me nauseous. Then again, there have been other concerts and clubs I have gone to, which sent me on coughing fits because of the dry ice in the performances.

I smoke every once in a while. Personally, I don't see why marijuana should be considered a drug. It's nowhere near as bad as alcohol can be. Sometimes I do it socially with a couple of friends or before I watch a movie to enhance the experience. It's not addictive. And look at society today. You'd be hard pressed to find people of prominence (including President Obama) who have never smoked weed in their life. Harold Ramis says a line in the movie Knocked Up that I particularly like. "No pills, no powders. If it grows in the ground, it's probably okay." That's the way I look at it.

I mean, ever since its legalization in Colorado and Washington, the Broncos and Seahawks are like 16-1. So I'd say it's some pretty effective ****.

I will never follow a society that chooses to get stoned or whatever simply to 'enjoy' itself, or for whatever other reason, to 'escape'. God himself can smoke that stuff, doesn't mean we all should. I enjoy my life for what it is, I get off simply on natural highs. I'm a simple young man, with black and white views.

It pains me to see children as young as 8 getting off on this ****...marijuana today, who knows? 10 years could be cocaine if this trend continues.

I may be wrong, but right now, to me, society is very slowly, but very surely, going down the crapper. Let it then...

I dont do drugs. Don't think people should be doing drugs either. Especially kids. I dont know anyone who smokes marijuana that isnt a lazy bumb. So nope, not for me. I wanna take care of my body

Who decided marijuana should be classified as a "drug" anyway? It's a damn plant. I don't smoke it myself but the idea that it's a "drug" along with things like heroin and crack and meth is silly to me.

It may not be as bad as those things. But to me, it ain't right.

I see teens who simply destroy their lives by smoking the crap and not going out to make a decent living. May not be the case for everyone, but who knows when it blows out of control in some way? Because there is a stronger chance of that than anything else...prolonged usage is not good.

It's a **** on decent society if you ask me.

Who decided marijuana should be classified as a "drug" anyway? It's a damn plant. I don't smoke it myself but the idea that it's a "drug" along with things like heroin and crack and meth is silly to me.

Well, to be fair, cocaine is cultivated from a plant, too. But I agree with your overall point. It's an herb, grows dammed everywhere and in just about any condition.

I think society is lightening up on it, since it's not that harmful.

I, personally, will never do it. I think it, along with tobacco, is f***ing disgusting. But, if someone wants to do it, let them. Though, I hate the *******s who go overboard with their "love of weed". Anyone who wears clothing with marijuana leaves on it is just trashy.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried it? I just wonder, because I use to think the same way, until I finally tried near the end of my High School years. It's really nothing like tobacco smoke, which generally makes me a little sick.

It may not be as bad as those things. But to me, it ain't right.

I see teens who simply destroy their lives by smoking the crap and not going out to make a decent living. May not be the case for everyone, but who knows when it blows out of control in some way? Because there is a stronger chance of that than anything else...prolonged usage is not good.

It's a **** on decent society if you ask me.

Pfft, Decent society. :o

Worse people out there than marijuana smokers I'll admit!

It's always been there. "Society" has always been a horrible thing with brief periods of happiness and prosperity for some and a living hell for most. This idea of a society that used to be anything but s**t is a pipe dream.

You know, there's really not any kind of solid evidence that prolonged use does any significant harm. I mean, hell, there are monks and such in places like India and Nepal that smoke this stuff pretty much all their life, and it doesn't seem to do anything of any real negative effect.

I do agree that it's kind of sad that some people just smoke and smoke and smoke and become kind of the stereotypical burn out, but that's not true for everybody. Some people have jobs and just use it to kick back and relax, just like some people throw back beers occasionally without being raging alcoholics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"