How Marijuana is viewed upon by society now?

I don't smoke and I'm a very light drinker.
But those things are a danger just as much as weed. If weed is going to join the club of those legal mood enhancers, then let it. I just know I won't be using it like I don't use nicotine lol

I'm not going to pretend I know ALL the risks of what it does. But I defo want it to be maunfactured and handled safely in the proper channels, and more smokers of it are actually more responsible than smokers of nicotine, and are less dangerous than alcoholics. Like everything, it's about being responsible, right?

I've never seen a truthful document of any sort that could prove weed has harmful risks to your body. What part of it helps people are some of you not getting? It helps people with diseases, people who need to eat, glaucoma. What part are you not getting?

I've never seen a truthful document of any sort that could prove weed has harmful risks to your body. What part of it helps people are some of you not getting? It helps people with diseases, people who need to eat, glaucoma. What part are you not getting?

It does cause tar buildup in the lungs. As with all burning and inhalation of plants.

Alcohol, nicotine, weed...they all have few pro's and more cons.

It smells like rancid **** and the people who enjoy it are annoying about it, for those reasons I support keeping it illegal.

There are side effects to weed, of course weed smokers simply don't want to hear it and then go on and on and state how other things have side effects which is true.

Where do you draw the line though?

nicotine, weed, guns and booze should all be illegal. They do more damage than good and is a huge reason why medical costs are so high because people continue to abuse themselves.

If smashing your family jewels with a sledgehammer felt amazing, people would do it despite the damage you just did, smoking and drinking does the same thing to your liver and lungs.

I live in the Netherlands now, so all other arguments on cannabis seem laughable to me. :o

I agree to an extent but a glass of wine is not the same as a bump of cocaine or a hit of meth. Weed should be legal and carry about the same laws and repercussions as say alcohol. You can't have any in the front seat of your car while the car is in motion, you can't walk around smoking weed, you can only have so much on you at a time, you can't grow weed unlicensed in your backyard, etc. etc. It's really easy and simple. We get tax revenue, violence related to weed decreases, and you save money in the penal system. It's a win/win/win.

Of all the drugs on the black market, violence related to weed alone is quite limited.

MOST of the violence and gang activity revolves around the harder drugs.

Yes those gangs do make money selling weed, but that alone is not what has turned many countries into war zones.

That and those drugs are still flowing in non-stop, as again it would take 100% totalitarian control to win this, and even that might fail as hard drugs are still easy to get even in prison.

We just end up with a totalitarian police state in the name of attempting to win, and you know "sending the right message" to kids.

That's why I call the total war on drugs an abysmal failure.

Not just pot prohibition.

keep it illegal all you want...just decriminalize it
of course i wish it were just legal...vapors over papers :hrt:

There are side effects to weed, of course weed smokers simply don't want to hear it and then go on and on and state how other things have side effects which is true.

nicotine, weed, guns and booze should all be illegal. They do more damage than good and is a huge reason why medical costs are so high because people continue to abuse themselves.

If smashing your family jewels with a sledgehammer felt amazing, people would do it despite the damage you just did, smoking and drinking does the same thing to your liver and lungs.

And what are these side effects so dire? Outside the tar build up mention (which I believe is less so than tobacco), there's very few negative side effects to weed. In fact, most of those side effects are the reason it is sometimes given medically.

How is weed driving up medical costs?

I live in Washington and it's legal here now, so there's that.

We are not even able to keep drugs out of Prisons.

We would need 100% total control of all people in society, with zero privacy of any kind. Complete Draconic police state.

We would also need to get rid if the freedom of speech as the last thing you want is public dissent.

And how do you expect to realistically enforce such law? Considering the fiasco making booze illegal did last time, not to mention the current abysmal failure and disaster that is the war on drugs?

Just out of curiosity, have you tried it? I just wonder, because I use to think the same way, until I finally tried near the end of my High School years. It's really nothing like tobacco smoke, which generally makes me a little sick.

No, I haven't tried it. Don't want to either, I don't want any of that BS in my body. Tobacco, weed, hell probably even alcohol. I don't see the point in doing any of it, I'm perfectly fine with my life without needing to be under the influence of any of it.

Plus, weed smells like s***. I smell all of the time in the restrooms at my school.

But like I said, if someone wants to do it, then I'm cool with it. Just don't f***ing talk about it all the time, like your life revolves around it.

Of all the drugs on the black market, violence related to weed alone is quite limited.

MOST of the violence and gang activity revolves around the harder drugs.

Yes those gangs do make money selling weed, but that alone is not what has turned many countries into war zones.

That and those drugs are still flowing in non-stop, as again it would take 100% totalitarian control to win this, and even that might fail as hard drugs are still easy to get even in prison.

We just end up with a totalitarian police state in the name of attempting to win, and you know "sending the right message" to kids.

That's why I call the total war on drugs an abysmal failure.

Not just pot prohibition.

The war on drugs is a failure because our border security sucks doodoo.

Legalizing marijuana would decrease crime rates and decrease jail/prison costs. Hard drugs like cocaine and meth need to still be illegal.

No, I haven't tried it. Don't want to either, I don't want any of that BS in my body. Tobacco, weed, hell probably even alcohol. I don't see the point in doing any of it, I'm perfectly fine with my life without needing to be under the influence of any of it.

Plus, weed smells like s***. I smell all of the time in the restrooms at my school.

But like I said, if someone wants to do it, then I'm cool with it. Just don't f***ing talk about it all the time, like your life revolves around it.

I see.

Hard drugs like cocaine and meth need to still be illegal.

Absolutely. If meth were made legal, the entire plot of Breaking Bad would no longer work.

Where did you learn this? I've never heard that, but the opposite. Provide some links, please.
Every reumatologist and therasics surgeon I've met with in the past few years for my history of pneumothoraxes. Marijuana smoke is thicker, which is why for those who already have weak lungs, the smoke from a joint is worse for you than the smoke from a cigarette. Thicker smoke = more likely to have a respiratory attack or a pnemothorax. But as I said earlier, those who have a "healthy" long will be affected worse by cigarettes than joints in the long run.

The war on drugs is a failure because our border security sucks doodoo.

Legalizing marijuana would decrease crime rates and decrease jail/prison costs. Hard drugs like cocaine and meth need to still be illegal.

Do you have any idea the vast amount of cargo that enters the country every single day?

You would need to pay for a full military level occupation like security force to go through every single crate that enters the country every day, and the equipment and personnel for this would cost hundreds of billions, EACH YEAR. - Even that does not guarantee success.

Do you honestly think you are the first person to think of "just tighten border security"? Do you think that our government and military has not done any math at all on the cost of such endeavor, and the cost of maintaining it long term?

That still does not fix things if you have ANY corruption at all. Which we already have tons of problems with. The WOD breeds corruption by creating an environment of the forbidden fruit.

You said the hard drugs need to stay illegal. Why? - Portugal decriminalized ALL drugs, even hard drugs, and their rate of new users has gone down steadily of the last 10 years.

Why would that not work in the USA or other Wester Nations? Is there some racial difference that makes us unable to handle freedom the way Portugal did?

Is your solution to any problem to spend a staggering amount of money from a country that is already having major fiscal problems and in tremendous debt?

It’s the way all totalitarians who bankrupt countries think. When that does not work they always say we need MORE control. Always tightening the grip of Iron fist around a society, and unable to see the Irony when they say "its better for the people this way". - yeah sure.

Every reumatologist and therasics surgeon I've met with in the past few years for my history of pneumothoraxes. Marijuana smoke is thicker, which is why for those who already have weak lungs, the smoke from a joint is worse for you than the smoke from a cigarette. Thicker smoke = more likely to have a respiratory attack or a pnemothorax. But as I said earlier, those who have a "healthy" long will be affected worse by cigarettes than joints in the long run.

I just realized that you were specifically talking about smoke. Regardless, the fact remains that smoking cigarettes is still more dangerous than smoking marijuana.

There really isn't a good reason at all for alcohol to be legal over weed. I really do believe anyone who is anti-pot (or anti-drug, in general, frankly) and then goes and drinks deer is pretty much a hypocrite. You can look at the legality of it, or try and get super technical to excuse it, but really, it's the same type of **** with more or less the same type of risks.

Its an easy answer... just have to figure out the correct tax system for the weed. Im sure they are working on it.

I don't know about the actually system of taxing something goes, but I've always felt that the real issue has always been how easy weed is to grow. I'd always been told it's much harder to grow and maintain tobacco plants, for instance.

Also, Bill Hicks is the man. Good video, held that bit so many different ways, but that's a new one to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"