What's your favorite political songs?

Hobodeluxe

Sidekick
Reaction score
I have a few. Some are not necessarily overtly political. All are not based on U.S. politics either. I think these are just great songs that just happened to be political.

1. Zombie- Cranberries. haunting tale of the history of political violence in Ireland. This song evokes the hurt and despair of a battle weary people better than almost any other.
I can't listen to it without feeling it.

2. The Logical Song -Supertramp a perfect insight into who I am. I totally relate to this song.

3. Not Ready To Make Nice -Dixie Chicks. An "in your face" song of defiance.

4. Handlebars- The Flobots. We all have choices to make. Which road will you take?

The only one of those I'm familiar with is Zombie and it's pretty good.

Though I don't really agree with their politics just about anything live by the MC5 is great. In fact, I just had to start Kick Out the Jams on computer music box. It's gotta be live though, their studio stuff just really isn't that good.

Soldier Slide, Boom!, and several others by System of the Down are very good.

The Evil Empire CD from Rage Against the Machine has several really good tracks.

I just recently acquired United Abominations by Megadeth. Haven't listened to it enough to give a definitive answer but there are some promising tracks on there.

Of course Turn, Turn, Turn by the Birds. The Wall is great. And I'd be lying if I didn't say I really like The South's Gonna Do It and Long Haired Country Boy (what with me being one and all :-) by Charlie Daniels.

Most of them I can't agree with the politics of the band or even the message of the song, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy and appreciate it!

Last edited:
Whatever it is, I'm against it - Groucho Marx
[YT]DtMV44yoXZ0[/YT]

I am the Owl - Dead Kennedys
[YT]bfTQfnvscpQ[/YT]

Država (The State) - Laibach
[YT]sRADA7fLVpQ[/YT]

Another one I like

The Fletcher Memorial Home - Pink Floyd

[YT]fLH5mCIGcvc[/YT]

[YT]uHc9PE-Fftc[/YT]

[YT]IryIzUvdQNY[/YT]

The only really serious political song I know is Incubus-Megalomaniac. The first ones that came to mind were the JibJab parodies.

Why, "The Love of Richard Nixon" of course! It's actually quite catchy and sums up the man and his legacy pretty well

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"