Sequels The Avengers 2 Set to Film in the UK in Early 2014

R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
by Spencer Perry
April 02, 2013

avengers_poster_200.jpg
The Avengers sequel is still a few years away, but Marvel Studios is going to get started on it soon. Screen Daily is reporting that production for The Avengers 2 will set up shop in Pinewood-Shepperton at the end of this year with filming expected to begin in early 2014. This comes as no surprise, as it will be the third Marvel film in a row to use this set up for its production. Previously, Thor: The Dark World filmed in and around the area and Guardians of the Galaxy is currently in production there.
Little is known about the upcoming sequel, but writer-director Joss Whedon will be back and is currently working on the script for the film. The cast for the film is currently unconfirmed, but its very likely to again include Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L. Jackson.
Marvel's The Avengers 2 will hit theaters on May 1, 2015.
Source

Makes sense seeing as Marvel are already running a production movie office out of Pinewood-Shepperton

I suspect we won't get too many location shoots for Avengers 2. If TA2 goes cosmic with Thanos, which is by far the most likely scenario, most (if not all) of it will be filmed behind closed doors in studio lots. Probably not going to be nearly as many leaks as IM3 had, which featured a ton of location shoots.

The first Avengers filmed had alot of green/blue screen. I still think there will be some location stuff in Avengers 2 though.

Wow, filming already? 2014 is going to be a crazy year, next Muppet film is coming out that year too..

I want to see Hulk destroy the Shard building ..... for no particular reason :woot:

9352949958_9b75accffb_b.jpg

Last edited:
It would be awesome if they could film something at the new Canary Wharf crossrail station

13017122134_ce04b7ff08_h.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"