Batman Begins Will there be a Blu-Ray release eventually?

I have a PS3 but Im wondering, whats the benefit of blu ray?

If you have an HD TV then Blu Ray is like a DVD with amazing picture. I had to repurchase all my fav movies on Blu Ray because the picture was so stunning.

I have a PS3 but Im wondering, whats the benefit of blu ray?

Just noticed this thread, but Blu-ray has much better picture than DVD. Also it holds more than 3x the capacity of DVD, DVD's around 7GB and Blu-ray around 25GB with the potential of a 200GB disk being rumored early on (and indeed is possible in the future). It has better audio as well. Also with more space that means more space for extra's, tho atm most movie companies are skimping on BR extras. Also when profile 2.0 roles out (PS3's will gain these features with a simple firmware download) BR will have Java features and online features.

So overall it's a pretty big step up, IMO it's a bigger step up than VHS to DVD. While DVD did add features, BR adds features, Java, online, better pic and audio, plus BR disks have a scratch resistant coating even if they look similar to DVD's.

Also someone at WB (just posted this in the Format Wars main thread here), a Tsujishara, said that Batman Begins is now on it's way to Blu-ray finally. Not sure if this next parts true, but Digital bits reported that it will be released 3rd quarter, and that WB will release a Batman Begins: Limited edition box set, and a Batman anthology set on Blu-ray in time for TDK.

I think I will relax tonight and watch my HD-DVD copy of BB tonight.

Enjoy the wait for the Blue-gay disc.....

Blue-gay....that's origional....

Lol ok, enjoy your The Dark Knight, Batman Anthology Set, and Batman Begins collectors edition on HD DVD....oh wait sry their not coming to HD DUD (I can do it too :) ).

pwned111za6hu4.jpg

Batman Begins Dated for Blu-ray

Posted March 14, 2008 08:05 AM by Josh

wb.jpg
Warner Home Video has revealed that they will release blockbuster film 'Batman Begins' for Blu-ray on July 8th, day-and-date with the DVD re-release. No specs or extra features have been announced at this time, but we do know that the film will be offered either as a single disc release, or as part of a limited-edition box set.

Both the single disc and gift set editions will include an exclusive comic book prologue to the upcoming sequel 'The Dark Knight', which is set to hit theaters July 18th. The box set will also include a Batman Begins motion art lenticular, script pages, exclusive photos, storyboards, five collectible Batman Begins postcards, and $7.50 in movie cash toward a Dark Knight ticket.

The HD DVD release of 'Batman Begins' was one of the formats top sellers, and has remained exclusive to that format until now. Along with 'The Matrix', this is one of the most highly anticipated Warner HD DVD titles to be brought to Blu-ray.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1116

More info from TheDigitalBits:

Here's some big release news: Warner Home Video has just revealed that Batman Begins will finally arrive on Blu-ray Disc on 7/8 in two editions - a single-disc version (SRP $28.99) and a new 2-disc limited edition gift set (SRP $49.99).

The set will include a lenticular motion film image (probably like the one that was in the Blade Runner box set), along with photos, script pages, storyboards, 5 artwork postcards and a $7.50 "movie cash" coupon to use when you see The Dark Knight, which arrives in theatres on 7/18.

Both versions of the Blu-ray will also include an exclusive comic book, the story of which serves as a prologue to The Dark Knight. Warner will also re-release the film on DVD that same day, in a gift set edition ($39.92) that includes all the content from the previous 2-disc DVD, along with a 128MB flash drive, the 5 art postcards and movie cash coupon.

Finally, the studio will debut the direct-to-disc animated anthology, Batman: Gotham Knight, on DVD and Blu-ray on 7/8 as well (single-disc DVD is $24.98, 2-disc DVD special edition is $29.98 and Blu-ray Disc is $34.99). We'll have more details on the Blu-ray features soon, along with specs and artwork. You can read more here at Home Media.

Warner Planning Batman Home Video Promotion in Lead-Up to New Movie
Author: JOHN LATCHEM
[email protected]
Posted: March 14, 2008
Email this Story to Friend

Batman Begins
Warner Home Video will release Batman Begins on Blu-ray Disc July 8 (prebook June 3) in anticipation of the July 18 theatrical release of its sequel, The Dark Knight. The HD DVD version of the movie is one of the fading format’s top sellers.

Two Blu-ray editions are in the works: a single-disc version at $28.99, and as part of a limited-edition gift set at $49.99. The gift set also includes a Batman Begins motion art lenticular, exclusive photos, script pages, storyboards, five collectible Batman Begins postcards and $7.50 in movie cash toward a Dark Knight ticket. Both the standalone version and gift set Blu-ray releases include an exclusive comic book prologue to The Dark Knight.

Warner also will re-release Batman Begins on DVD, re-packaged as a $39.92 gift set that includes a 128MB Batman flash drive, the collectible postcards and movie cash. A Warner spokesperson said the DVD includes all the content from the 2005 two-disc special edition DVD set.

The critically acclaimed Batman Begins, directed by Christopher Nolan and starring Christian Bale as Batman, grossed more than $205 million at the domestic box office and was overwhelmingly selected as the greatest superhero movie of all time in an AgentDVD.com poll, earning 40% of the votes.

Also due July 8 is the new direct-to-video animated anthology Batman: Gotham Knight, an anime-inspired film that chronicles Bruce Wayne’s journey to become Batman. Warner offers a single-disc DVD at $24.98, a two-DVD special edition at $29.98, and on Blu-ray Disc at $34.99. The movie also debuts day-and-date on pay-per-view, on-demand and for download.

I'm stoked, I can't wait to get these!!! :up:

Good, now we can all finally get a quality version of the prologue.

Front page:

Batman Begins Coming to Blu-ray Disc
Source: Warner Home Video
March 17, 2008

Batman Begins catapults into the high definition age on July 8th with the Blu-ray™ Hi-Definition release from Warner Home Video. Batman Begins has already been well received in high definition, as the HD DVD release is the top catalog HD seller.

Three new DVD editions -- two on Blu-ray™ Hi-Definition and one in Standard Definition -- will be released prior to the July 18th nationwide theatrical release of Warner Bros. Pictures' The Dark Knight.

Leading the Blu-ray™ Hi-Def pack is the Batman Begins Limited Edition Gift Set ($49.99 SRP). The single disc Blu-ray™ Hi-Def Gift Set also includes The Dark Knight prologue" (the first six minutes of the film), a Batman Begins motion art lenticular, a 32-page booklet including an all-new DC Comics comic book adaptation of The Dark Knight prologue, exclusive photos, script pages and story boards. This Gift Set will also include five Batman Begins collectible postcards with never-before printed key art from the theatrical release, as well as $7.50 "movie cash" towards the purchase of an adult ticket to see The Dark Knight in theaters.

A single disc Blu-ray™ Hi-Def version ($28.99 SRP) of Batman Begins will also be available. This also features The Dark Knight prologue.

Batman Begins Limited Edition Gift Set will also be available in a 2-Disc Standard Definition ($39.92 SRP) version. This Gift Set will include a 128MB Batman branded flash drive, five Batman Begins collectible postcards with never-before printed key art from the theatrical release, as well as $7.50 "movie cash" towards the purchase of an adult ticket to see The Dark Knight in theaters.

This Gift Set will include a 128MB Batman branded flash drive, five Batman Begins collectible postcards with never-before printed key art from the theatrical release
Is it wrong that this is really the only piece of news that excited me? :confused:

Is it wrong that this is really the only piece of news that excited me? :confused:

Not at all Sir

I am excited about this release as well. I felt let down by the Begins extras and all the little bits and bobs should make up for it :yay:

No, but I'm actually more excited about this:

he single disc Blu-ray™ Hi-Def Gift Set also includes The Dark Knight prologue" (the first six minutes of the film), a Batman Begins motion art lenticular, a 32-page booklet including an all-new DC Comics comic book adaptation of The Dark Knight prologue, exclusive photos, script pages and story boards.
:oldrazz:

Too bad I don't have an HDTV, so I might wait on it until then. Or...something. Eh.

Well I wonder now, is this comming to regular DVD? Im kinda confused on how the article worded itself.

Well I wonder now, is this comming to regular DVD? Im kinda confused on how the article worded itself.

Standard Definition = regular DVD. If it says anything other than Blu-ray or HD it's usually standard.

oh so the 2 disc standard has BS stuff but nothing new screw that just picking up the 2 disc gotham knight will def pick it up on blu ray once i get my player

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"