The Amazing Spider-Man 2 "Where are your brave words and taunts now?" The Doc Ock thread

Off topic: Just out of curiosity Spiderdevil, what villains do you want in Sinister 6? I take it you want neither Doc Ock nor Sandman then?

Sinister 6: (my version)
Doc Ock (leader)
Kraven
Venom
Electro
Rhino
Mysterio
Bar Doc Ock all of them need to have appeared in previous films.

Sinister 6: (my version)
Doc Ock (leader)
Kraven
Venom
Electro
Rhino
Mysterio
Bar Doc Ock all of them need to have appeared in previous films.

I like your list except I'd change Venom for Vulture. Much like Green Goblin I see Venom as a solo villain. It's more personal for him. One reason why the Sandman+Venom team up felt off.

Electro
Rhino
Mysterio
Doc Ock
Vulture
Sandman

Flint would be a cool villain to bring back. He was done well in SM3, visually anyways. Why I would bring him back is that you can just show him as an average crook, trying to gather money for his daughter. Spidey keeps getting in his way. He sees and hears about all these super villains appearing and wants in.

Don't need anything more than that, plus, the Sandman adds a huge dynamic to the Sinister 6. I'd love to see them go along that route.

Off topic: Just out of curiosity Spiderdevil, what villains do you want in Sinister 6? I take it you want neither Doc Ock nor Sandman then?

I don't want Sinister Six at all and I think it is extremely cartoonish

Six Villains against a single hero? Even if we add Black Cat and the symbiote its a mismatch.

And Its near impossible to do justice to so many characters,a lot of them will end up being underutilized

I think this is just a trend to try and ape Marvel in making a Spider-man cinematic universe.The whole idea imo is ridiculous.Sony owns only one superhero.How can they make a 'cinematic universe' out of him?

Well if they introduce Venom/Symbiote/Eddy Brock/Agent Flash in one of the movies(TASM3 or TASM4) and then make Venom spin-offs(putting effort into it rather than half-assed spin-offs we see most of the time) that would be good.Purchasing Daredevil would be smart and sneaky.

They do that and we are getting somewhere if they plan to make a cinematic universe

And Its near impossible to do justice to so many characters,a lot of them will end up being underutilized

3 or 4 of the villains would be "side-villains" anyways. There's no risk of underutilization when they're not meant to be "A" listers.

Rhino, Sandman, Vulture, Mysterio... All villains that don't need anymore than 5 minutes of screen time dedicated to their origin.

As for it being "cartoony", I find that unfair. If done properly, the assembling villains to take out the hero not one could do alone is a basic enough concept. It's not Saturday morning cartoonish, it's strategy.

Molina's performance as Doc Ock in SM2 was just awesome. It's my second favorite villain performance from any CBM. However, the characterization of Doc Ock can be better. Otto Octavius is the exact opposite of Peter. Otto is not a good man at heart. He was a nerdy type kid that was bullied and had a difficult life, who then gained these incredible powers, and used said powers for his own selfish and cruel reasons. In Webb's universe I really hope they bring this type of Ock to the screen and imo Ock needs to be the leader of the S6. I can accept some changes in the way of telling a good story but I really want to see this happen. Raimi's Ock was more of a blending of both Ock and the Lizard in terms of the characterization.

Electro
Rhino
Mysterio
Doc Ock
Vulture
Sandman

Flint would be a cool villain to bring back. He was done well in SM3, visually anyways. Why I would bring him back is that you can just show him as an average crook, trying to gather money for his daughter. Spidey keeps getting in his way. He sees and hears about all these super villains appearing and wants in.

Don't need anything more than that, plus, the Sandman adds a huge dynamic to the Sinister 6. I'd love to see them go along that route.

That's the perfect line-up IMO. It has variety. I've never felt that Kraven fit as a team player, so I'd save him for a solo movie.

Six Villains against a single hero? Even if we add Black Cat and the symbiote its a mismatch.

I think this is just a trend to try and ape Marvel in making a Spider-man cinematic universe.The whole idea imo is ridiculous.Sony owns only one superhero.How can they make a 'cinematic universe' out of him?

Well if they introduce Venom/Symbiote/Eddy Brock/Agent Flash in one of the movies(TASM3 or TASM4) and then make Venom spin-offs(putting effort into it rather than half-assed spin-offs we see most of the time) that would be good.Purchasing Daredevil would be smart and sneaky.

They do that and we are getting somewhere if they plan to make a cinematic universe

I agree with some of it, especially the feeling that Sony is doing something very forced with trying to ape Marvel Studios. I agree about Daredevil, that would be great. I don't see Marvel Studios using him anytime soon anyway.

Molina's performance as Doc Ock in SM2 was just awesome. It's my second favorite villain performance from any CBM. However, the characterization of Doc Ock can be better. Otto Octavius is the exact opposite of Peter. Otto is not a good man at heart. He was a nerdy type kid that was bullied and had a difficult life, who then gained these incredible powers, and used said powers for his own selfish and cruel reasons. In Webb's universe I really hope they bring this type of Ock to the screen and imo Ock needs to be the leader of the S6. I can accept some changes in the way of telling a good story but I really want to see this happen. Raimi's Ock was more of a blending of both Ock and the Lizard in terms of the characterization.

I totally agree with everything you just said there! :up:

I'm with you too Webhead. SM2 Ock was good for what he was. But how about a purely evil arch-nemesis this time, with no absolutely no ties to Peter.

The mechanical arms were evil, not the Doctor. It worked for the movie, the movie was amazing. In the top 3 best CBM of all time. However, for the Webbiverse we need the Doctor to be evil, not the mechanical arms.

Can I post my Sinister 6 lineup?
It would be...

Green Goblin -- Dane Dehaan/Chris Cooper
Electro -- Jamie Foxx
Lizard -- Rhys Ifans
Vulture -- Colm Feore
Rhino -- Paul Giamatti
Mysterio -- Michael Massee

And, if not, Michael Massee is The Gentleman.

Michael Massee as Mysterio would explain his credit scene disappearance.

"I just want the trailer to be seen!"

Read in Jamie Foxx voice. ^

I'd want Jared Harris with The Spectacular Spider-Man look.

Jared-Harris.jpg

Spectacular_Doc_Ock.jpg

Jared Harris is such a great actor. It's a fairly good choice.

Can I post my Sinister 6 lineup?
It would be...

Green Goblin -- Dane Dehaan/Chris Cooper
Electro -- Jamie Foxx
Lizard -- Rhys Ifans
Vulture -- Colm Feore
Rhino -- Paul Giamatti
Mysterio -- Michael Massee

And, if not, Michael Massee is The Gentleman.

I really don't see The Lizard being involved with the Sinister Six, the character of Connors is already remorseful about everything he's done, so why should he be in? Unless the group of villains force him into it by stating they'll harm his family should he not join them, but other than that I don't see it happening.

And I'm still not buying Massee as either Mysterio or The Gentleman, so that's just my two cents. :oldrazz:

I really don't see The Lizard being involved with the Sinister Six, the character of Connors is already remorseful about everything he's done, so why should he be in? Unless the group of villains force him into it by stating they'll harm his family should he not join them, but other than that I don't see it happening.

And I'm still not buying Massee as either Mysterio or The Gentleman, so that's just my two cents. :oldrazz:
If Lizard is forced to join for some reason (maybe Norman blackmails him or promises him a permanent cure), then I could see him on the team. He can be a reluctant member, maybe even turning on the team at some point.

What was that movie that came out not too long ago, the one that was critically acclaimed and hugely successful? Oh yeah, The Avengers, the movie that had six heroes teaming up. That's fine, but S6 is "too cartoony," nope not buying it.

I'd want Jared Harris with The Spectacular Spider-Man look.

Jared-Harris.jpg

Spectacular_Doc_Ock.jpg

Much obliged for sticking to the topic in question. I might point out that there are plenty of Sinister Six threads. None dedicated to arguably Spider-Man's greatest foe.

I wonder if they could make him as maniacal and devious as The Dark Knight's Joker or how Loki is shaping up to potentially be in the MCU. I want to be thrown for a loop. Not a cheap (imo) loop like that in Iron Man 3. But a good one. One that isn't just for the general audience.

The mechanical arms were evil, not the Doctor. It worked for the movie, the movie was amazing. In the top 3 best CBM of all time. However, for the Webbiverse we need the Doctor to be evil, not the mechanical arms.
We could him being evil and the arms being good at heart. And he'd whisper into their ears the nefarious longings of his heart. And they'd tell him that intelligence isn't a gift, but a privilege, then call it a gift later because they're drowning and can't think straight. Oh, and they could all have wives who always have shards of class reflecting in their eyes! And.. and I'm done. This has been your weekly presentaion of Stupid Stuff Speter Says.

They could develop the family aspect that was missing from the first a bit, maybe even slowly through the series.

And to tie these two responses together, is it possible that the Lizard's family aspect was removed because it felt too similar to SM2's Ock, whose characterization took from the Lizard's?

We could him being evil and the arms being good at heart. And he'd whisper into their ears the nefarious longings of his heart. And they'd tell him that intelligence isn't a gift, but a privilege, then call it a gift later because they're drowning and can't think straight. Oh, and they could all have wives who always have shards of class reflecting in their eyes! And.. and I'm done. This has been your weekly presentaion of Stupid Stuff Speter Says.

They could develop the family aspect that was missing from the first a bit, maybe even slowly through the series.

And to tie these two responses together, is it possible that the Lizard's family aspect was removed because it felt too similar to SM2's Ock, whose characterization took from the Lizard's?

I can almost guarantee it. Do I blame SM2? Not necessarily. But I do wish both characters (ock/liz) had been more accurate to their proper origins.

Christopher Waltz as anything in the upcoming Spider-Man movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"