Daredevil Where did you first discover Daredevil?

Yep, 90s cartoon. Costume was badass and so was he, so from there I was a fan and decided to get into him more. Saw some TPBs at the local library and read the essentials. "Born Again" did it for me though.

I remember seeing DD for the first time in the Spidey cartoon. I still didnt know much about the character until the 2003 film. Then I went in did my own research after that movie came out and learned more about him.

Time line kinda goes like this:

*Started reading comics after discovering the Xmen 90's show. Overheard someone talking about a blind superhero called Daredevil in my local comic store. I laughed it off like "Wow Marvel must have been out of ideas".

*The Hulk tv show had a Daredevil cameo. Didn't know who it was at the time. He could read text by touching the print. Thought that was kinda cool. Daredevil felt less lame.

*Spiderman 90's show. Seemed like a poor mans spiderman, with a twist of batman. Weren't to sure what too think. My opinion kind of stagnated at this point.

*Ironically it was the crapfest Affleck movie that really opened up my mind to how cool DD could be. Started researching the character. Bought the tpb of Guardian Devil. Haven't looked back.

Sorry about the tangent.
Good topic op. :)

I rally can't seem to remember if my first exposure to Daredevil was in an issue of the story-arch of "Gang War" from Amazing Spider-Man, or in The Trial of The Incredible Hulk.

My first exposure to the character was in the Spider-Man animated series from the '90's. My first appreciation for the character came when I got into comics just a few years ago, with some of Brubaker's but mostly Waid's run. I've read Miller's and am less of a fan, but I appreciate why they're using that as a primary inspiration for this take. It just makes sense for a cinematic version.

Like the rest of you: the Spiderman 90's series. I just loved his chemistry with Spidey and he seemed like a cool character. However it wasn't until years later when I started reading Bendis' Daredevil run that I just fell in LOVE with the character. Bendis' run blew my frickin' mind. I had no idea comic books were capable of being that damn good and mature until I read that series.

Spidey cartoon

then Quesada/Kevin Smith's Daredevil run continued through to Bendis/Maleev and Brubakers.

Can put another down for first exposure to DD being Trial of the Incredible Hulk. I dunno about his look in that, but at least Gimli was Kingpin. Now that I think about it, those Hulk tv movies are basically my introduction to Daredevil, Hulk and Thor.

In a Spider-Man comic but I think that may have been during the time 90's animated show was airing. So I guess maybe both

i first discovered Daredevil through those Marvel action figures from Toy Biz

00b86421-7c5a-45a1-8b3c-9626938f5bd1.jpg

remember getting it because i thought he looked cool and kinda reminded me of Batman - who is my number one favorite superhero

also through the Marvel trading cards and when he popped up in the Spider-Man animated series. from that point i actually started getting the comics

Can put another down for first exposure to DD being Trial of the Incredible Hulk. I dunno about his look in that, but at least Gimli was Kingpin. Now that I think about it, those Hulk tv movies are basically my introduction to Daredevil, Hulk and Thor.

I'm surprised that they stopped doing crossovers with the last TV movie. They ended up having Banner get with a hot Russian spy in that one and you just know someone originally was probably thinking of doing a Black Widow crossover in that one.

I'd say it was the Trial of the Incredible Hulk TV movie in 1989.

This. Its pretty cool how the new TV show is using a similar outfit from that movie.

I was also exposed to Daredevil from Spider-Man cartoon and I'm one of the few people who enjoyed the 2003 film.

I remember the 90s cartoon wholeheartedly but I don't remember seeing Daredevil there. Surely it was the video game for me.

The 2000 video game was the Batman Arkham game of the time I'd like to think. :)

I'm surprised that they stopped doing crossovers with the last TV movie. They ended up having Banner get with a hot Russian spy in that one and you just know someone originally was probably thinking of doing a Black Widow crossover in that one.

No doubt about that. Originally, the Thor one was supposed to actually have Spider-Man, but they couldn't work out the rights or something like that.

My first exposure to Daredevil was in a long box of comics my grandma bought me when I was 4. It had several Daredevil comics. The first Daredevil story I ever read was a 2 part team-up where Spider-Man and Daredevil fought this female villain with a doctor theme (I want to say she was called the Surgeon or something like that). I then started seeing him spring up in stuff like Trial of the Incredible Hulk, other Spider-Man comics I had, etc. Got very into Daredevil when I was around 13. Read all the Frank Miller stuff, and I have most of the issue of Marvel Knights Daredevil from when the comic line started up to through 2006 when I stopped buying a lot of comics.

I remember getting a bundle of comics when I was a kid and one of them was an issue from the Fall From Grace story. That an the Trial of the Incredible Hulk tv movie introduced me to the character at a young age. Guardian Devil was what really got me into the character. Born Again cemented my eternal love for Matt Murdock and his world.

My first exposure to Daredevil was probably an old animated feature, followed by late 80s and 90s comics. Frank Miller's Daredevil: The Man Without Fear limited series unquestionably had a profound effect on my interest in the mythology; and I still consider it one of the very best arcs he's ever written.

There's also a great little Marvel Comics Presents story revolving around a parasitic creature known only as "fear eater." The creature initially targeted the Silver Surfer, preying upon his insecurities, but he was eventually able to dispel it by overcoming his fears. Looking for a new host, fear eater eventually came across Steve Rogers (then known as the Captain) and met a similar fate. The Thing was next on the menu, then Thor. Unable to defeat the heroes and now nearing death, the creature soon found relief in the discovery of yet another potential victim: Daredevil. Relief soon turned to dismay, however, as Matt Murdock lacked the one thing it so desperately craved and needed to survive: fear. :cwink: And that was the end for our pesky antagonist.

For me it was DD 163.

1c2ef8f7d074919a932ace3bfa097b67.jpg

As a kid, I was wondering what this guy was doing taking on the Hulk.

DAREDEVIL-HULK.jpg

For me I think it was 90s fantastic four episode with daredevil helping the ff

I discovered Daredevil in the french magazine Strange, that my parents bought me because I was a Spiderman fan. The magazine published many Marvel titles, including Daredevil under the title "l'intrépide Daredevil" (a pleonasm because intrépide means Daredevil in french)

the Daredevil issue published in was a cult one (and sadly the last one published in the Strange magazine due to the excess of violence inside) :

Daredevil_Vol_1_230.jpg

There was no Daredevil inside, but the issue was awesome, with Matt recovering from near death stabbing by Turk, and met for the first time his mother.

For me it was really the episodes of the 90's FF and Spider-Man cartoons that introduced me, and the Marvel Knights line that hooked me on the comics

I don't remember the specifics, but I my uncle showed me a few of the old Romita Daredevil/Spider-Man crossover issues. Spidey was always my favourite cb character, but I've always liked Daredevil since then. Seriously looking forward to the show! :daredevil

Like with most:

*Spidey: TAS
*2003 film
*Guardian Devil TPB
*Scattered backissues (little of Bendis, Miller, Gale, Waid, Chichester, Lee, O'Neal, Brubaker, Diggle and Nocenti)

90's Spider-Man Animated Series for me as well

Love everything about the character. I even really enjoy the 2004 movie, so much nostalgia for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"