Where does Transformers rank for all time comic book movies?

I agree.. Spidey is up top, and there is no way people should have TF above it, or not even have Spidey on the list.. I hate it when fans just support their fan favorite.. Like TF fans saying "Transformers is the best comicbook movie ever!"

Yeah, its ridiculous supporting something you love :whatever:

Yeah, really SlyGuyTtjn, come on now.

No I respect it, and I liked TF, but saying it's the Best in everything gets annoying.. My fav movie is SP3, and it sucked.. ik.

Since Transformers was not originally a comic book, I'm not going to consider it a comic book film.

Since my post wasn't negative I guess it was ignored...

But...CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG...JUST LIKE GI JOE, THE TRANSFORMERS TECH SPECS AND CHARACTERIZATIONS WERE ORIGINALLY CONCEIVED BY MARVEL...:wow:

Right?

No I respect it, and I liked TF, but saying it's the Best in everything gets annoying.. My fav movie is SP3, and it sucked.. ik.

But how can you say people shouldn't put it at the top of their list if they are fans? People's lists are their own opinions...you can't tell them what movie is better because its all a matter of taste and opinion. That's like telling a Chargers fan that his team shouldn't be #1 to him even though he's a fan and that he should put the Colts as his #1 fave.

Wait, first of all, your favorite movie is Spider-Man 3?
And on top of that, it's your favorite movie and you thought that it sucked?

:confused: :dry:

*scratches head at last part*

But...CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG...JUST LIKE GI JOE, THE TRANSFORMERS TECH SPECS AND CHARACTERIZATIONS WERE ORIGINALLY CONCEIVED BY MARVEL...:wow:

Right?

I'm pretty sure that's a no.

Right?

True...but I think Warhammer is saying that the toys came first. I truly don't think this movie is a comic book movie because they took NOTHING from the comics to make this movie. It was mostly from the show...which existed alongside the comics. I just don't want people to think that the comics were nothing but a "spin off" because they were very good comics and have been around as long as the cartoon.

True...but I think Warhammer is saying that the toys came first. I truly don't think this movie is a comic book movie because they took NOTHING from the comics to make this movie. It was mostly from the show...which existed alongside the comics. I just don't want people to think that the comics were nothing but a "spin off" because they were very good comics and have been around as long as the cartoon.

No, he's correct. Bob Budiansky is credited with creating a good chunk of the bios and names for Transformers.

OHHH.
I'm sorry. I was a 90's kid, who had to go back and backtrack on Transformers. I don't have everything down like the original fans do.

:csad:

I was really confused with the title of this thread. Since when is Transformers a comic book movie? I consider it more an 80's toy/cartoon revival. MOTU, GI Joe, Thundercats, Dungeons and Dragons...aren't and shouldn't be called comic book movies (when they are made of course...MOTU doesn't count by the way...there are very few things to tie that to He-Man...also neither does the D&D film).

Maybe this needs it's own thread lol. Perhaps it's not the most correct term to call Transformers a comic book movie although, the comics are so prevalent to the history of Transformers. I don't think it's totally incorrect to call it a comic book movie but perhaps sci-fi would be better.

I was really confused with the title of this thread. Since when is Transformers a comic book movie? I consider it more an 80's toy/cartoon revival. MOTU, GI Joe, Thundercats, Dungeons and Dragons...aren't and shouldn't be called comic book movies (when they are made of course...MOTU doesn't count by the way...there are very few things to tie that to He-Man...also neither does the D&D film).

Why do you think Transformers has its own forum at SHH? Its because of the comic books. The comics were created in conjunction with the cartoon. True that audiences regard Transformers as a toy/cartoon more than comics...but that doesn't change history. The comics weren't an afterthough or spinoff.

Since I have better judgment than all of you Hypesters put together :cwink:

Here’s my top 10 list :woot:

1- Spiderman 2
2- Superman the movie and X men 2
3- Spiderman 3 and transformers
4- X men 3
5- Blade 2
6- Superman 2
7- X men 1
8- Blade 1
9- Conan the barbarian
10-Ghostrider

What!?
No place for Batman Begins?!
shhh! Sorry brat fans beside I’d favor batman and robin first :csad:

With that list I think not

I don't consider Transformers a comic book movie. The comic was a result of the toy, which was a result of the cartoon show.

Wait, first of all, your favorite movie is Spider-Man 3?
And on top of that, it's your favorite movie and you thought that it sucked?

:confused: :dry:

*scratches head at last part*

Well i know people thought it sucked.. That's what I meant.

Nosebleed said:
But how can you say people shouldn't put it at the top of their list if they are fans? People's lists are their own opinions...you can't tell them what movie is better because its all a matter of taste and opinion. That's like telling a Chargers fan that his team shouldn't be #1 to him even though he's a fan and that he should put the Colts as his #1 fave.

Yeah I see your point, but dont you get annoyed by people who say what they like is constantly the best? That's my point.. It's like saying.. "Batman & Robin best comic book movie of ALL TIME, and had the BEST VIALLIANS.. Transformers is sh:tty".. Would'nt that upset you? I'd be mad.. But I liked Transformers, so it's all good. :woot:

Yeah I see your point, but dont you get annoyed by people who say what they like is constantly the best? That's my point.. It's like saying.. "Batman & Robin best comic book movie of ALL TIME, and had the BEST VIALLIANS.. Transformers is sh:tty".. Would'nt that upset you? I'd be mad.. But I liked Transformers, so it's all good. :woot:

Well, who have you heard going around saying, "Transformers is teh bestest..._____ SUCKS compared to them!!"

Right now its a tie between 1 & 2:

1-Transformers
2-V for Vendetta
3-300
4-X1
5-X2
etc etc...that's from the top of my head right now.

nosebleed is right. get off his case guys he isnt saying that nobody is allowed to think that this isnt a comic book movie, he is just defending the name of the thread because it is accurate.

Since Transformers was not originally a comic book, I'm not going to consider it a comic book film.

QFT.

Why do you think Transformers has its own forum at SHH? Its because of the comic books. The comics were created in conjunction with the cartoon. True that audiences regard Transformers as a toy/cartoon more than comics...but that doesn't change history. The comics weren't an afterthough or spinoff.

Then why does James Bond has it's own forum at the SHH? It's not because of the comic books:whatever:

it's an action movie based on a comic story. wierd but that's what it is to me.

Then why does James Bond has it's own forum at the SHH? It's not because of the comic books:whatever:

Actually I don't know. I'm not as huge of a James Bond fan so I don't know how prevalent the comics were. But I AM a huge Transformers fan and I am informing YOU that the Transformer comics CO-EXISTED with the cartoon and are just as prevalent to Transformer history. So if you didn't know before...now you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"