Which 2022 Movie Becomes The Next Billon Dollar Movie?

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
Now that Spider-Man last year has proven it’s still possible to break a billion in the pandemic what movie from this year that you predict will be the next billon dollar post-pandemic movie?

My guess would be either Strange Multiverse Of Madness or Jurassic Park might become the second billion dollar movie of the pandemic era. What about you?

Last edited:
Possibly The Batman if it's well received enough. If not that then one of the MCU films. Wakanda Forever is basically guaranteed to make a billion but Thor and Strange are contenders as well given how much more popular those characters have gotten since their last solo films. Beyond that, Jurassic World Dominion is a strong possibility, as is Lightyear. Aquaman 2 and Avatar 2 are theoretically poised to be billion dollar earners, but as long as they have the same release date they'll cannibalize each other and I don't see Aquaman 2 pulling ahead in that fight.

The Batman, Black Panther, and Avatar are really the only possibilities to consider with the uncertain China release reality.

Either DS2 or Thor Love & Thunder

Unless the pandemic-situation get's even worse (again) in upcoming months I'd say The Batman have a good chance if well recieved. It won't have much competition either in March.

Somthing less likely, but something you can't rule out completely anymore, is that a Chinese movie becomes the next billion dollar movie. I'm sure there will be a few big releases there in time for the Chinese New Year in February

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"