Which actor is the best Batman? Poll

Exactly. I've nothing but respect for Conroy. He's the definitive Batman voice, and the writing of his character in BTAS is also definitive. But Conroy himself was just the voice. The other actors brought the whole Batman character to life physically. Both Batman and Bruce Wayne.

Precisely. Conroy is a dead-set Batman legend, but he falls into another category.

Christian Bale is the best Bruce Wayne.
Michael Keaton is the best Batman.
Kevin Conroy is the best Batman's voice.

Seriously? How do Keaton and Bale have more votes than Conroy? Keaton and Bale were both good in various aspects of the role, but Kevin Conroy is Batman!

According to this poll it would seem the hype of Bale's performance has died down a little bit since the ending of the Nolan trilogy... and Keaton's still holding strong as expected, and frankly, as deserved.

1. Bale
2. Conroy
3. Keaton
4. Greenwood
5. Kilmer
6. Bader
7. Ruivivar
8. Romano
9. West
10. Craig Smith

Conroy is in a completely different ball park, he was only the voice of Batman. It's not even close. An actor's physical communication and facial expressions have a much stronger impact than the talking portion. Christian Bale's Batman voice was terrible.... absolutely terrible yet he was still a pretty damn good Batman. Right?

^ Right.

That being said, Michael Keaton.

Wrong. I love his voice.

Conroy IS the best voice for Batman, ever. But he shouldn't be considered in any poll that has to do with actors who have physically played Batman.

With that said, there were times when Conroy didn't sound great to me. When Bale or Keaton sounded better. When Conroy was ON, he was untouchable. But he also had a tendency to sound just like Bruce Wayne. Zero separation, and something like that would never work in live-action or if Batman was actually a real thing happening in the world.

Therefore Bale wins for me, with Keaton second.

I liked Conroy's voice pre-season 4 of Batman The Animated Series when there was more of a distinction between Batman and Bruce Wayne

Bale was the better Bruce Wayne. Keaton was the better Batman.

This guy gets it. That voice ruined it for me. I think Keaton wins overall because his Bruce Wayne was still pretty good, and a unique interpretation of the character... very understated. Reminds me a bit of gatsby.

That's okay and all, but how is your liking for Bale's voice an evidence of someone being wrong?
You said his voice was terrible, like it was a fact and then asked "right?" And I answered wrong because im in the ballpark who loves the voice. It's all just opinion. A lot of people do come on here and say things like "we all know Bale's voice was awful" so I usually get defensive since ive always loved the voice. I find it suits batman more when it doesn't sound like Bruce Wayne...if that means by giving it a growl...then so be it. As long as Batman lowers his voice and it's hard to figure out who is under the cowl.

Last edited:
I liked the batgrowl.

And I like alot more than the batwhisper.

Very disappointed the Batman from Looney Tunes: Back In Action isn't on this list.

I loved Keaton, but I narrowly voted for Bale. Bale's seems like the most concerted effort to bring the comic book character to screen.

Kevin Conroy is Batman to me. It is the voice I hear in my head when I read Batman. :woot:

Keaton = best Batman
Bale = best Bruce Wayne
Conroy = best voice for Batman/Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"