Which actors or directors ruin a movie for you?

As for Singer, I haven't like any of this movies. I especially don't like his style when it comes to comic movies. It's just not his genre.

4_17_211.gif

Well the thing is, I love movies. I love everything about the process. I really should have gone to film school. I notice stuff that most people don't, like camera angles, editing, etc. I love movies so much I (incorrectly) have high expectations for them and am often disappointed. Which makes me sad. :( But meh .. everyone is different and I understand that some people love Bryan Singer and Tim Burton's styles of direction. I'm just not one of them. :csad:

Uwe Boll for directors

For actors, I cant stand Gary Sinise :O

Uwe Boll is definitely not getting any love here.
I actually haven't even seen any of his movies. :dry:

Uwe Boll is definitely not getting any love here.
I actually haven't even seen any of his movies. :dry:

I'm almost willing to bet that a lot of people haven't actually seen any of his films and just say they're bad because that's what everyone else says :hehe:

I have House of the Dead on dvd...

Trust me when I say it blows.

Uwe Boll for directors

For actors, I cant stand Gary Sinise :O

You don't like Gary Sinise? I've never heard that before.

Anyway, I don't like Tom Cruise, Julia Roberts, Tobey Maguire and Meg Ryan.

As for directors, Brett Ratner, George Lucas and Uwe Boll (duh).

I like Tim Burton's movie from 'Beetlejuice' to 'Sleepy Hollow'.

You don't like Gary Sinise? I've never heard that before.

Anyway, I don't like Tom Cruise, Julia Roberts, Tobey Maguire and Meg Ryan.

As for directors, Brett Ratner, George Lucas and Uwe Boll (duh).

I like Tim Burton's movie from 'Beetlejuice' to 'Sleepy Hollow'.

I think he's a fine actor and all his face just bothers me :O

Personally, I dont think that any one director or actor would keep me from watching something. For the most part, every actor has made at least one bad film, and every director has done bad work. And yet, these same actors have done great things.
Actor example...
Denzel Washington
Bad movie-Virtuosity (With Russel Crowe no less)
Great movie-Training Day (Among others)

Director example
Joel Schumacher
Bad movie- Batman & Robin (A particular sore spot on the Hype!)
Great movie- Falling Down (Among others)

Actors
Jamie Foxx
Terrence Howard (I just hate his whiny voice)
Tom Hanks, Will Smith and Tom Cruise ruin their movies these days. They just make me sick.

Directors
Antoine Fuqua (just because every single movie I've seen from him have sucked)
Brett Ratner

Other
Zak Penn
Simon Kinberg

Hayden Christiansen hands down... he can't act at all...

as for the rest... its very relative..

Nicolas Cage- can't really stand him in most movies, though i did enjoy him in both Ghostrider and National Treasure...

John Travolta... his flame has left the building

Tom Cruise... see above

Like the 2 listed above.. certain actors go beyond "character" and you start seeing there celeb self rather then the character there portraying. Jessica Alba in serious roles does that to me for instance, as does sarah michelle gellar... I can see them in sexy, ass-kicking roles, or funny roles, but as serious drama actresses... i just see themselves... and i see them trying to hard.

Shelley Long.

I forgot all about her til I saw a few minutes of a Christmas movie she was in, today. I wonder what happened to her.

I'm almost willing to bet that a lot of people haven't actually seen any of his films and just say they're bad because that's what everyone else says :hehe:

That's kind of the way I feel. I had never heard of Uwe Boll or seen any of his movies 'til I came to this message board... You'd think the guy was the anti-Christ or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"