Which adaptions of the Joker do you find funny?

In the TAS episode with Joker and garbage (The Last Laugh I think it is) almost everything he says is funny.

Joker- You killed Captain Clown... YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN!

Joker- Batman! You wouldn't leave me here to die, would you?
(Batman is seen enjoying himself)
Joker- BATMAN!!! (in a whiny voice)

And just another random quote, Joker's Million's I think

Joker- Well drown the kids, and shoot the neighbors!

Watch the laughin bat in the batman

by far the funniest and most disturbed joker ep you are likely to watch...so many homages and references to other batmen portrayals, it's truelly great.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v567374HkZdTWSM?searchId=6332682319457361353&rank=0

"after all the batman needs a joker, someone to give him purpose."

OoooohooohoohooooooO! gave me shivers down my spine, i just love it when the balance between batman and the joker is brought up, opposite ends of the spectrum, cant have one without the other. makes me all tingly!

I mean this literally. Because I've been catching up on my Joker mythos, and a lot of the things he says that I'm assuming are jokes, just kinda fly over my head, or I just dont find that amusing. However Jack Nicholson, Batman TAS, and Soft Target's Jokers - Have given me some pretty good laughs. But which Joker do you find funny?

Soft Target's Joker is the only adaptation that's been able to squeeze a couple of chuckles out of me. Maybe some of Dini's Joker episodes as well, but to a lesser scale.

OoooohooohoohooooooO! gave me shivers down my spine, i just love it when the balance between batman and the joker is brought up, opposite ends of the spectrum, cant have one without the other. makes me all tingly!

I have never understood this. What makes the Joker the opposite of Batman and why couldn't Batman exist without th Joker? :dry:

I have never understood this. What makes the Joker the opposite of Batman and why couldn't Batman exist without th Joker? :dry:

its the same in every story, or mythology or what have you. its a balance in the universe, ying and yang, good and evil, love and hate, that sort of thing.
the joker is to batman, as lord voldemort is to harry potter, as satan is to god.
if you've seen the movie Unbreakable, Samuel L. Jackson says,"you know how you can tell who the arch villian is in a comic book? hes the complete opposite of the hero."
the joker is batmans complete opposite, batman is a silent, sneaky, monochromatic character. while the joker is loud, hes in your face, hes extremely colorful.
yet its not just how two characters are different that makes them arch-nemisis'. its also how they are alike. both batman and the joker have very troubled pasts, though the jokers past is not quite clear. also if you follow the storyline of Jack Napier killing the wayne family, then another thing they have in common is they both created one another, joker made batman by killing his parents, batman made joker by dropping him in the vat of chemicals.
but thats just IMO

Yes, Batman and Joker are juxtaposed against one another, but they do not mutually define one another. Batman stands alone without the Joker just fine, and has in a few stories. The Joker wouldn't last very long without Batman (as two stories have rightly demonstrated, "Going Sane" and "The Dark Knight Returns").

its the same in every story, or mythology or what have you. its a balance in the universe, ying and yang, good and evil, love and hate, that sort of thing.
Well, firstly, there are plenty of mythologies that don’t hold to this dualist understanding, that believe good does not need evil to define what good is. Good stands alone. Evil, however, is a corruption of good, but not its own force, something distinct. Harmony and order sustains itself, but chaos is self-destructive, and to exist, needs harmony to feed off of.

Even STAR WARS, for all its talk of light and dark, is more or less in that vein. Bringing balance to the Force is not the light and dark sides in deadlock, but rather the elimination of the dark and restoration of the light.

as satan is to god.
Christian mythology, for what it's worth, holds no such balance. There, Satan is not God's opposite. He's a weaker being, ultimately of no great power next to the supreme God, who is only allowed to play his part because God is using him for his own purposes.

On one episode of TAS I saw when I was a kid, Joker had Gordon, Bullock, and I think a couple of others dressed in family attire, bound up, and gagged with candycanes. Called them the "awful lawfuls" or something like that. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

That's one of his funniest moments for me. :hoboj:

^ Thats from Christmas with The Joker.

I love TAS Joker and I love a lot of his lines in "The laughing Fish"

"The Conel guy gets the chicken why can't I get fish?"

"Your right Harley, fish are gross. I should have Joker Burgers, that would be a Happy Meal"

Their both kinda lame, but they always crack em up.

Ceaser Romero obviously. He was so hilarious at everything he did on the 60's series. Just the make-up over the mustace makes me lmfao.

"Your right Harley, fish are gross. I should have Joker Burgers, that would be a Happy Meal"

LOL, i bet the happy meal line was a promo (since BTAS toys were sold there).

When the Joker first meets Captain Schmidlapp in Batman: The Movie. that scene is so ****ing funny! "Oh pip pip to you sir!" And schmidlapp even notices the jokers makeup but still dosn't know its him "I say your face has the most ghastly pallor", Ahaha!!! Ahahaha! hahaha! ha! ha! hahaha! hahahah! ha ha ha.....ahhhhh..ha....hah.....heh....oh man.....ahah......ahhhhhh....oh man....oohhhh gawwwd oh GAWD! ahhhh....heh......ahaha

;)
Oh jesus, bringing me back with that one ...

haha

:hoboj:

I feel like i've said this before, but...

the best scene from the laughing fish is when joker makes harley eat the fish, and then she runs off screen and you hear her puke...i couldn't stop lauging :lmao:

hahaha, gosh this is bringing back memories of balona sandwiches after school watching Batman TAS. how i loved it so, i cant wait to save up and buy the whole series on dvd.

ah finally, someone that appreciates the fine works of an insane mind with their own sense of rational thought.

their relationship is much tighter in the batman (or at least was), Joker would copy batman, get a sidekick like batman, they have both been inside each other's minds, batman has given the joker his own blood to drink while keeping him in the batcave for days.

This ep and that line brought it all together.

The one in that Grayson trailer was funny. Funnily pathetic. Whoever made that should have been shot, castrated, hung til half dead, cut down, gutted, had his arms and legs amputated and then beheaded.
Seriously. Long green fingernails. constant laughing, weight problem. What ****ing druggie thought that was a good idea? Moron.

hmm, well...

1. Joker has had long green finger nails (Arkham Asylum - graphic novel)
2. It is supposed to take place in the future when all the characters are older (Superman, Riddler, Robin...they are all older)...Old people have weight problems...so to make him a bit chunkier isn't a big deal.
3. He laughed most of the time, but also showed facial expressions which have never been touched upon before. (the serious look he gives from beneath the brim of his hat when he shoots the gun).

Oh and, it is a teaser, you can't really expect too much more from that?

It is also fan made...

--dk7

MOTP is great, super funny. When he says..."GASP" and "SIGH"
hahahaha, that's the best.

But everyone is forgetting such a classic moment from TAS:

The Man Who Kill Batman - When he does the funeral, and he puts the kick me! sign on Batman's cape in the coffin. Also the funeral song that he plays on the partymaker.

haha that kills me everytime.

Also the episode ALMOST GOT'EM, he says something to TwoFace that is just SOO FUnny, but I can't remember. Mocks his face or something.

--dk7

ah finally, someone that appreciates the fine works of an insane mind with their own sense of rational thought.

their relationship is much tighter in the batman (or at least was), Joker would copy batman, get a sidekick like batman, they have both been inside each other's minds, batman has given the joker his own blood to drink while keeping him in the batcave for days.

This ep and that line brought it all together.

its the connection between batman and the joker that makes joker my favorite villian, out of any batman villian...or any villian in general, joker hands down is the best villian made.

I thought Hamil's Joker in the TAS episode "Joker's millions" was hilarious. I thought the episode was quite strange, but very funny.

Joker and Harley basically go broke and have no money, and then Joker is informed that a crime boss died and left him millions of dollars. So Joker basically has a ball and goes all out. He hires Johnny Cochran to clear his criminal charges and hires a new Harley.

Plus, Batman or anybody else really can't fight him b/c legally he hasn't done anything wrong, so he treated like a civilian. It's basically the worst and best Joker episode I've ever seen.

My favorite line was when Joker was chillin' in Penguin's club:

Joker: Ah, Bruce Wayne, let us chat. Can I get you something to drink?
Wayne: You pushed me off a building.
Joker: Oh, but that was such a long time ago...I've changed.
Wayne: It was last week.

-silence-

Joker and Harley basically go broke and have no money, and then Joker is informed that a crime boss died and left him millions of dollars. So Joker basically has a ball and goes all out. He hires Johnny Cochran to clear his criminal charges and hires a new Harley.

Plus, Batman or anybody else really can't fight him b/c legally he hasn't done anything wrong, so he treated like a civilian. It's basically the worst and best Joker episode I've ever seen.

My favorite line was when Joker was chillin' in Penguin's club:

Joker: Ah, Bruce Wayne, let us chat. Can I get you something to drink?
Wayne: You pushed me off a building.
Joker: Oh, but that was such a long time ago...I've changed.
Wayne: It was last week.

-silence-

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA Oh man I frickin LOVE Hamill's Joker

--dk7

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1