• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which anti virus/spyware program is better?

Asteroid-Man

Avenger
Reaction score
Alright, my computer has no protection whatsoever. Now, my friend is offering me some anti spyware/virus programs. I don't know which covers both, or just one, or which is better.
ok here are my choices
[FONT=Verdana, Verdana] XoftSpy AntiSpyWare
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Verdana] zoneAlarm with Antivirus v6.1.744
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Verdana] Gdata AntiVirusKit Professional 2006
ok, personally I am thinking that gdata may be better then ZoneAlarm. But I do not know if they cover Spyware. I don't want to download unecessary files. For example, if Gdata is infact better AND it cover spyware, no doubt I am going with that. I think you get the idea. Thanks Help is HIGHLY appreciated. And I don't want people making stuff up or opinions. I want what they know from facts and research.
-Asteroid
[/FONT]

Malice's Facts about Viruses

Are you getting them together?

I have them seperate.

Norton Anti-Virus

AdAware
Spybot
SpySweeper

There was a thread around here on Adware and spyware but i don't remember who started it or where it went...

It's best to use at least 3 spyware/virus programs.

I dont have that much room. I don't care what others are using. THOSE are my ONLY choices and I only want one sorry for being rude

Then I can't help you, since I've heard of neither.

Have you tried google searching for reviews?

Asteroid-Man said:
I dont have that much room. I don't care what others are using. THOSE are my ONLY choices and I only want one sorry for being rude

Go to www.Download.com and look up virus protection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"