Which Characters Did "Smallville" Nail Perfectly?

Hard to say for myself. But lois was pretty great. Also I would say pa kent was pretty good. Also I would say brianiac for sv take was nicely done along with metallo.

I hate to say this but the fact the show played like a teenage soap opera to often sort of hinders characters lining up with comic counterparts.

If I did have to pick somebody who did lined up well though I would go with Zantana

Since the show was about Superman, that's who I felt I understood the best. I understand where Clark Kent came from, why he believes in good, and who inspired him.

I think they nailed Booster Gold perfectly. I wish there was more of him.

Jonathan Kent stole the entire series...I wish my dad was more like him instead of an *******

I think I liked SV's version of Brainiac more than the comic's counterpart. I blame James Marsters, he was amazing!

So Booster Gold is a annoying jerk in the comics too huh? :p ;) Just kiddin, Booster is like Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat.

lionel luthor wins. the first person i will think of when he is ever mentioned is john glover.

As far as secondary characters: The Legion, JSA, Booster, Zatanna, and Oliver were all done very well and really close to their comic counterparts.

The only character I felt Smallville got really wrong was Mxyztptlk. Everyone else was pretty close to what you'd expect although I did dislike how in "Run" the hsow hyped the appearance of "The Flash" but then in later seasons he was only allowed to be called Impulse.

Def tih I said same thing for yrs. Why the heck did they do that take on mxy instead of a magical imp. Could have been a silly fun episode and then every ones minds wiped in the end. But oh the following week we got spell with witchs?

lionel luthor wins. the first person i will think of when he is ever mentioned is john glover.

Did Lionel exist before Smallville? Sure Lex had a dad but it was never really explained upon.

I love Lionel, probably in my top five characters on SV. :awesome:

I don't think he was. Lionel was pretty much like chloe a sv made character. But I believe since sv started what ever lex father was in comics been slightly changed to include a comics lionel.

Lois Lane
Lex Luthor
Booster Gold (He needs a spinoff!)
JSA
The Legion
Tom Welling's Clark Kent (while I like Reeves Superman he was never my favorite)

Booster Gold was perfect.
The Legion and JSA as well.

Lois Lane was incredibly well done. Characterization-wise. In a different context she would win the prize for best version of Lois. But the fact that it was done in the context of the Smalliville Universe ruined everything for me.

Lionel Luthor was to me hands down the perfect character on the show. The evil monster that he was in the beginning, through his redemption arc (though I had some issues with how he started down that path, but I can let them slide), anytime he was involved it brought the level of all the other characters up. Evil Alt-Lionel too, was a baddass supervillain that many say was a highlight of season 10.

Last edited:
i do agree with others booster and jsa were others just perfect.

i think lionel was more of a lex than lex was. he was really the supervillain, till later seasons. i never liked lex in this show. lex never seemed like any kind of a super genius.

Lionel definitely was one of the best bad guys i've seen in a long time.

Not sure how some of you can say Lionel? While Glover was the ish in the role, there's no previous character incarnation to say they "nailed" as there wasnt anything to nail it to. LOL :D

Not sure how some of you can say Lionel? While Glover was the ish in the role, there's no previous character incarnation to say they "nailed" as there wasnt anything to nail it to. LOL :D

Yeah thats what I thought, but other people started bringing him up so I did too. :p

• Lois Lane
  • Clark Kent (farm & office)
  • Lois Lane/Clark Kent relationship (minus Lois knowing about his powers prior to Superman)
  • Lex Luthor (Not 100% but without question the best on screen Lex Luthor with John Shea's Lex not far behind)
  • Ma & Pa Kent
  • The Legion
  • Doomsday (Yes Doomsday, I liked the origin arc for how Doomsday came about that much.. sue me :D, not so much the Chloe ****e which vaguely resembles Hulk/Betty though.. but everything else. Yes.)
  • Zod
  • Brainiac
  • Doctor Fate
That's pretty much all I can think of..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe