Which Company Wide Storyline Would You Like To See In MCU?

blalex620

Comics, Books, Games
Reaction score
Now I know there are many people not for this but I personally want to see Civil War done in MCU not just because it's still one of my favorite stories but because I can see it being done:
Look at the ending of the Avengers where they showed the news broadcast and it talked about who's to blame for it all and it kind of hinted at people not liking superheroes being able to do whatever they want

Now I know it would be tough to do without Spider-Man because he plays a major part but even that could be rectified if Marvel and Sony still go ahead with putting Spidey into the universe

What are everyone's storylines they want to see?

Secret Wars and Acts of Vengance were always my faves.

Secret Invasion, Kree/Skrull War, Dissembled/New Avengers.

If Marvel ever got the X-Men franchise back or at least partnered with Fox the Dissembled/House of M storyline leading to Decimation in the X-verse would be pretty awesome

The Kree-Skrull War is my second favorite (after the original Starlin-written Thanos saga). Marvel owns both alien species so it's possible (if not probably) that they could do the story in the MCU.

I mentioned in another thread that I would love for them to do the Avengers-Defenders War once the Defenders are established. Loki was at the back of that, so it would give Marvel another excuse to use Tom Hiddleston's vicious trickster. It would have to involve upping the stakes dramatically in order for to make an all-out battle between super-powerful beings seem necessary and potentially of cosmic importance.

Heroes Reborn, with authentic Liefeld anatomical correctness. :o

The Kree/Skrull War, the Avengers/Defenders War, Operation: Galactic Storm and Acts Of Vengeance

House of M and Dissembled would be great, but I doubt Marvel will ever use Wanda (I know both studios have her), let alone have her do something like that. And I'm not deluded in my hope as to think Marvel will ever make a deal with Fox to cross their universes.

Infinity Gauntlet is the only worthy one I can think of. Maybe Secret Wars? All the recent stuff (Civil War on forward) has been dreadful.

Infinity Gauntlet is the only worthy one I can think of. Maybe Secret Wars? All the recent stuff (Civil War on forward) has been dreadful.

Agreed. Marvel is addicted to "events" that are ill-conceived, poorly-written and usually manage to destroy quite a few characters. All they really want to do is create excuses for heroes to fight each other instead of facing down villains to push sales. Stories don't flow from character interaction; instead, characters are warped and reshaped to fit the plots Marvel's editors dream up.

Unless Marvel is going to change all of the details radically, they would be better off staying away from Civil Wars, Secret Invasion and the like. They don't need to damage the brand with stories that destroy their most popular characters.

House of M and Dissembled would be great, but I doubt Marvel will ever use Wanda (I know both studios have her), let alone have her do something like that. And I'm not deluded in my hope as to think Marvel will ever make a deal with Fox to cross their universes.

Actually, Mark Millar said he was open to it and the producer behind all the X-Men movies said she would love to see them all together so it's not completely out of the question

Actually, Mark Millar said he was open to it and the producer behind all the X-Men movies said she would love to see them all together so it's not completely out of the question

Of course they said that because most of their movies stink!! Why on earth would Marvel/Disney riding high as the sky after the Avengers even consider that offer? What could possibly be in it for M/D? Half assed versions of their comic characters?

Of course they said that because most of their movies stink!! Why on earth would Marvel/Disney riding high as the sky after the Avengers even consider that offer? What could possibly be in it for M/D? Half assed versions of their comic characters?

Marvel wants FF back from Fox, they offered to extend their DD contract if they gave them FF back. Of course Fox said no but that shows you Marvel has some things in mind if they ever get their properties back or team up with them

Buuuuttt it will still never happen. Marvel Studious would never need to do it.

At a certain point even Marvel's going to think "what do we have to lose?" Which is nothing

From the looks of how things are going in the movies I see Infinity Gauntlet happening in Phases 2 and 3

And as someone who's read Civil War why do people dislike it so much?

A combination of Civil War, Secret Invasion, Kree/Skrull war, and Avengers Disassembled.

At a certain point even Marvel's going to think "what do we have to lose?" Which is nothing

They have plenty to lose. Tying themselves to Fox' work means potentially tarnishing the reputation, and value, of the MCU with bad movies not under their control.

From the looks of how things are going in the movies I see Infinity Gauntlet happening in Phases 2 and 3

And as someone who's read Civil War why do people dislike it so much?

Awful characterization for basically everybody, a plot that requires the general public and government to be idiotic and evil on a scale notable even by Marvel's established standards of public/government idiocy and evil, inconsistencies from comic to comic, an almost incomprehensible aesop. . .

They have plenty to lose. Tying themselves to Fox' work means potentially tarnishing the reputation, and value, of the MCU with bad movies not under their control.

The only bad movies to come out of Fox where FF and if their reboot is better than they really don't have anything to lose

The DD & the 3rd and 4th X-Men universe films were pretty bad as well. But they seemed to begin to right that sinking ship with the 5th one.

The DD & the 3rd and 4th X-Men universe films were pretty bad as well. But they seemed to begin to right that sinking ship with the 5th one.

Haha I always forget about DD and Elektra that's how horrible they were. But as long as they're focusing on X-Men and FF they should be fine and X-Men:DoFP is shaping up to be pretty epic

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"