• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Which Company Wide Storyline Would You Like To See In MCU?

Civil War is the one I think will be most likely to happen but gee I would love to see a company wide event for the coming of Galactus.

After thinking about it more I'd like to see an event that mixes Annihilation, War of Kings, and the Thanos Imperative after the Inhumans finally get their movie (probably after Avengers 3). It could be the first cosmic only crossover film. By that time we should have had the Guardians and Thanos firmly established and Nova and Quasar introduced.

Sounds impossible...
In my mind it works like this: the World Council is pushing SHIELD to register the heroes and Maria Hill backs them, going over Fury's head, and they decide to make her director over Fury. Tony supports the idea and as Black Widow, Falcon, and Hawkeye are agents of SHIELD they must comply. This splits the Avengers in half, which leads to their disassembling. However, what everyone thinks is Tony is really a shapeshifted Skrull posing as Tony to cause disorder amongst the heroes. It turns out what led the council to order the registration act in the first place was influenced by Skrulls in disguise. With the original Avengers split and disassembled, this leads to the formation of the New Avengers led by Cap.

Last edited:
Agreed. Marvel is addicted to "events" that are ill-conceived, poorly-written and usually manage to destroy quite a few characters. All they really want to do is create excuses for heroes to fight each other instead of facing down villains to push sales. Stories don't flow from character interaction; instead, characters are warped and reshaped to fit the plots Marvel's editors dream up.

Unless Marvel is going to change all of the details radically, they would be better off staying away from Civil Wars, Secret Invasion and the like. They don't need to damage the brand with stories that destroy their most popular characters.

I enjoyed Annihilation. Hell, that's what made me interested in the cosmic side of marvel, besides Thanos. Super Skrull's arc brought a tear to my eye

The only bad movies to come out of Fox where FF and if their reboot is better than they really don't have anything to lose

X-Men 3, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and Elektra say "hi." And I'm being generous in not including Daredevil in the list.

You can claim there is "nothing to lose" once Fox establishes a track record with their own Marvel movies that can't be generously described as "mixed."

After thinking about it more I'd like to see an event that mixes Annihilation, War of Kings, and the Thanos Imperative after the Inhumans finally get their movie (probably after Avengers 3). It could be the first cosmic only crossover film. By that time we should have had the Guardians and Thanos firmly established and Nova and Quasar introduced.

In my mind it works like this: the World Council is pushing SHIELD to register the heroes and Maria Hill backs them, going over Fury's head, and they decide to make her director over Fury. Tony supports the idea and as Black Widow, Falcon, and Hawkeye are agents of SHIELD they must comply. This splits the Avengers in half, which leads to their disassembling. However, what everyone thinks is Tony is really a shapeshifted Skrull posing as Tony to cause disorder amongst the heroes. It turns out what led the council to order the registration act in the first place was influenced by Skrulls in disguise. With the original Avengers split and disassembled, this leads to the formation of the New Avengers led by Cap.

The problem is, this requires mangling a ton of established characterization to do so, as well as a whole lot of wall-banger logic. Just because the original comic arc did that too, doesn't mean its a good idea to mimic that for a movie. Or to use that arc at all.

In fact, another reason why Civil War is an idiotic arc to try and use for a movie: *the MCU doesn't especially use secret identities.*

The only even vaguely justifiable aspect of Civil War, the registration of superbeings so you know who they actually are, is entirely irrelevant in a setting where the government knows the identities of everyone, anyway.

And as someone who's read Civil War why do people dislike it so much?

Turning many of the heroes, Iron Man most notably, into total *****ebags for starters. Also once again it's a Marvel event that would rather see heroes fighting heroes than...you know...VILLAINS???

I hated secret wars because of how poorly it was written. No way the Hulk could lift an entire mountain. That was just silly writing, something Marvel was able to mostly avoid until the early 90s (CLONE SAGA).

I think all the Thanos epics were well done and could translate well to the big screen.

I didn't care for Civil War either, too many people acting out of character. Marvel Has gotten either lazy or greedy or probably both in the past two decades. I wish they would just drop all these cross written stories. Go back to the quality story telling and top quality editing to tie them all in like in the old days (60s & 70s)

Wolverine: Enemy of the State. Just seeing a bunch of supervillains attack Shield's helicarrier and Wolverine riding a Sentinel would be so bad ass.

Marvel Zombies - 'nuff said.

Wolverine: Enemy of the State. Just seeing a bunch of supervillains attack Shield's helicarrier and Wolverine riding a Sentinel would be so bad ass.

Marvel Zombies - 'nuff said.
A Marvel Zombies video game would be awesome!

For everyone who doubts that a team up could ever happen between Fox and Marvel, straight from the big heads mouths:

"In October 2012, Lauren Shuler Donner, the producer of 20th Century Fox's X-Men film series, expressed interest in having the X-Men characters appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Shuler Donner said, "I would love it. I personally have close ties to Marvel because of Kevin Feige, because Kevin worked for me. But to take our characters and mingle them in the way that they were written, yeah, absolutely."[97] Mark Millar, who was hired in September 2012 to consult on all of Fox's future Marvel films, expressed similar sentiments in an interview, saying "Fox have said that they want to build a cohesive universe and I’d personally like this to work in complement to the Marvel one. It would be cool if these universes didn’t contradict each other so if you went to see Spidey, The Avengers, the X-Men, etc, as a viewer you would have no idea that all three are coming from different studios. I’d love to make it look like they’re all just happening in one place."

I never said it would happen now but in the future there's a chance once Fox establishes there universe

Of course Fox is sayin that now, after a 1.5 billion dollar hit. Where were those statements a year ago? Yeah its probable but until you start hearing it come out of MS mouth it means absolutely nothing.

If DoFP puts the franchise back on track, I can live with the universes being separate but I can't deny.... I would love a crossover.

I think Spiderman is likelier but even that's a long shot.

The thing is that if you were to do the entire Marvel U onscreen, no single studio could handle the workload. I'd love a scenario where the Fox & Sony properties are integrated into the MCU whilst still having those studios make their films but then deferring creative control to Marvel Studios so they can keep the quality high and the continuity no %^$!&-ed up(as the X-Men series has gotten). Because as great as the MCU films have been so far, at the rate we're getting them we can only see a small section yet of the over-all Marvel Universe in film. It's like trying to watch a parade through a straw.

If DoFP puts the franchise back on track, I can live with the universes being separate but I can't deny.... I would love a crossover.

I think Spiderman is likelier but even that's a long shot.

Sony and Marvel already have a deal worked out to bring Spidey into the universe seeing as how Spidey is there only franchise really

Well they have GR as well but I doubt they're likely to make much $ on that to even be worth it.

Marvel has the rights to GR now the second GR film was released under their Marvel Knights banner and even if Sony did have GR still after the first one bombed then the 2nd one was even worse I think GR's done

Edit: I was mistaken Sony still has them but I'm guessing they collab-ed on it

Last edited:
The thing is that if you were to do the entire Marvel U onscreen, no single studio could handle the workload. I'd love a scenario where the Fox & Sony properties are integrated into the MCU whilst still having those studios make their films but then deferring creative control to Marvel Studios so they can keep the quality high and the continuity no %^$!&-ed up(as the X-Men series has gotten). Because as great as the MCU films have been so far, at the rate we're getting them we can only see a small section yet of the over-all Marvel Universe in film. It's like trying to watch a parade through a straw.
We should be pretty deep into it by 2020. By then we should have touched on the mystical side of the MU with Dr. Strange, the martial arts and street level side with Iron Fist and Luke Cage, more of the cosmic side with the Inhumans, and all the other little stuff with the SHIELD TV show, and maybe even one or two other Marvel properties on TV.

Sony and Marvel already have a deal worked out to bring Spidey into the universe seeing as how Spidey is there only franchise really

Citation or it didn't happen. Because I remember various people *talking* about it, but nothing actually happening. Which makes sense, because it would be dumb for Disney/Marvel to make any such deal.

I would love to see:

- Fall of the Mutants
- Inferno

Citation or it didn't happen. Because I remember various people *talking* about it, but nothing actually happening. Which makes sense, because it would be dumb for Disney/Marvel to make any such deal.
It's not as obvious as he made it sound but there is some type of deal that allows Marvel to use elements of Spidey's live-action films, probably stemming from Disney buying the merchandising rights for the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"