Arrow Which Deathstoke Costume do you prefer?

Human Torch

Avenger
Reaction score
Well,I figured we need an official thread to contain the debate (both praise and panning) for the Deathstoke costume Which do you prefer?
tGcBVo9.jpg

The Billy Wintergreen "muscle-man mercenary",
Or
2GDJEsi.jpg

The Slade Wilson "tin masked hockey player"?:woot:

Last edited:
Let's have some fun!

I personally like the new one, and my only real concern is how smooth Bennett will look wearing one in a fight scene against Soloman Grundy.

I appreciate the bulkier more evolved look from the too-slim and too monochromatic body suit of Wintergreen. And since I couldn't really take the scowling mask with raccoon eyes as a serious para-military look, I don't mind going for a hockey mask look for the new one. You can probably blame Teen Titans for that. Though I do think there should be some agreement that the upgrade in his weaponry (tactical machete for katana-esque sword, customized 1911 vs old school 1911) makes a nice statement on Slade's rise in fortunes since the island.

Hard helmet bandana mask for the win!

I like the Billy Wintergreen version better,but I wouldn't have a problem with them tweaking the suit itself.It was a tad generic.

I think the reason for the current one having more of a helmet,is so Slade can slip it on and off at regular intervals,which is the common trope of Super Villains in the average CBM.

Y'know,looking at both pics side by side like that,It's really only the mask that's noticeably different.

I personally think the color palette's stronger in the second one, and the armor design seems more like something you's see in a Batman movie, with a healthy helping of Old Snake from Metal Gear Solid.

I think he just looks more broad and intimidating as Deathstroke in Season 2, which is part Manu Bennett being a beast and part the heavier gear they gave him. I do like how much more expensive Slade's stuff looks than Wintergreen's.

Season 2

The Wintergreen mask has a really scary aura to it due to the eyes ... but otherwise, the outfit while similar feels like a the v.05 model of Deathstroke.

I just think the current one harkens back to Arkham Origins, which is very cool look.

Torch, my friend, I think you may need to go roust some of your compatriots from the other threads. It's not because I like their opinions, it's because I like their debates.:woot:

I am curious just how much of a budget difference there is between the two suits. They have similar design lines, but the Slade suit looks thicker and seems to have more "movie material." I do like the way Slade's bandolier is going the opposite way from Wintergreen's, just to play up their differences.

PS: did anyone see whether Slade has a second blade or have they lowered his capacity to one? I think I see some kind of blade in his left hand in his "man-up, Blood" scene, but I can't tell, and it's not on the promo we have here.

Overall I prefer Slade's re-design. I'm still not completely in love with the mask, but it's impressive that they managed to pull off the Deathstroke costume, without making it look silly.

They didn't mess too much around with Wintergreen's first design. They simply added blue to the armor, gave it a sturdier look, the clasps are all orange now, and he's got a brand new solid mask.

I like the Season 2 suit better. Like others have said it looks more menacing.
To me the Slade suit just screams Deathstroke. Don't get me wrong so did Wintergreen's suit just not the same to me. It's really all in the mask.

Well Slade should be thankful that he has super strength since I can't imagine on how anyone could really be mobile in his new outfit. It looks very bulky.

But it's basically the same as Wintergreen's. Same military clothing with protective gear on top. He's got the chest, shoulder, forearm and shin protection. And he's got that single belt over his chest, like Wintergreen. I think it's just his natural build that makes the outfit look bigger than it actually is.

Last edited:
I like the newer version more, though it seems a little too busy. Especially in the leg area.

If anything, I wish they could have used the design for the top half of "New Goblin" for Deathstroke's armor and clothing and find a mask that didn't look so fat.

The-New-Goblin-Harry-Osborn_new_img_443_665_bg.jpg

Wintergreens, it's those eyes, it kinda looks scary. Maybe we will see flashback slade wear his old mask.

Wintergreen. Slades mask isnt HORRIBLE, but it just doesnt look serious and menacing enough for me. It needs to be more fitted to Manus head and not look like a hockey rip off.

Definitely Slade's for me.

Billy's is a lot more scary/creepy looking.
Slades is a lot more "cool"/badass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"