Justice League Which Green Lantern should be used?

Rorschach2012

Batman is my Dad
Reaction score
For JL which Green Lantern should be used?

Personally, I don't think it matters much which Green Lantern is used in JL, just so long as Hal Jordan is the Green Lantern in his own movie. But for the sake of establishing the character in this new universe, I hope we get Hal Jordan.

Guy Gardner. He has the most character out of all earth GLs. Hal and Kyle are pretty vanilla, and John has not much of a personality in the comics (as much as it pains me to say. Take away his military and architect background and he is a blank).

Guy is a hothead, with personality bubbling all over. He could out snark Tony Stark and would provide some laughs, while staying in character. He comes across as an egotistical jerk, behaves like a total *****ebag, but is a real hero underneath, with a deeper moral code than most comicbook heroes. He also has the most interesting background, with a family full of Baltimore police men and women who look at him as a failure, until he finally proves himself as a hero. He is fun and brash, but also deep and interesting at the same time. By FAR the most interesting earth Lantern of them all.

He will never make it into a movie, because he is the third GL in line, after Hal and John, but he would be the best in a team movie. Any doubters just read Green Lantern Corps by Peter Tomasi. Guy is the man.

1174449-386287_121007_guy_gardner.jpg

For JL which Green Lantern should be used?

Personally, I don't think it matters much which Green Lantern is used in JL, just so long as Hal Jordan is the Green Lantern in his own movie. But for the sake of establishing the character in this new universe, I hope we get Hal Jordan.

You hit the nail on the head in that sentence. The Lanternverse revolves around Hal. If WB wants to use one of the other Lanterns, they should at least have one scene with Hal interacting with the new Lantern. All of the other Lanterns (except Alan, who wasn't initially part of the Corps) have origins that are tied to Hal. The movie should honor the source material and at least show the new Lantern taking over the duties of sector 2814 from Hal, while Jordan returns to Oa. If, that is, they don't use Hal again for the first movie.

The way to eventually go is to have all four characters in the franchise. No matter which Lantern a person prefers, the GLC > a single GL.

Last edited:
Ideally, Hal would be introduced in Justice League, then expanded on in his own film. In his own film, we'd also be introduced to Guy Gardner and John Stewart. Then later, Kyle Rayner.

I think we NEED to see the Hal/Sinestro conflict on film.

Using John as the main Green Lantern, you would have to completely get rid of the central conflict in the Green Lantern mythos.

Geoff Johns' run on Green Lantern was pretty near perfect imo. I'd just base a film franchise around his run.

Kyle Rayner could be interesting,
John Stewart or Hal Jordan could be options, but what about Alan Scott from Earth 2 being a GL but what if that GL wasn't from the corps and it was like the Alan Scott from Pre-New 52, and is adapted in this universe. I don't know.

Kyle Rayner could be interesting,
John Stewart or Hal Jordan could be options, but what about Alan Scott from Earth 2 being a GL but what if that GL wasn't from the corps and it was like the Alan Scott from Pre-New 52, and is adapted in this universe. I don't know.

Anything could happen.
Remember in the first x-men movie most of the original ones were not shown and only some more were shown in later movies.

X-men first class was the origin of the x-men and most of the original x-men were not shown in that movie as well.

Darwin is a more recent superhero for example and he was shown over many of the older ones.

So whatever story needs to be told they could choose any superhero from the comics,past or recent or make up one for the movies or tv shows.

So it does not matter if the superhero is well known or not well known or new/recent.

So folks need to stop thinking everything will be like the comics,because it will not be the case.

Tv shows,cartoons,movies etc.. are thier own universes.

If they want firestorm or icon or vixen over aquaman,or show them first they will make it happen and the general audience will not have a problem with that for varied reasons.

Only some dc comic readers or hardcore aquaman fans will have the problem, just like when shazam became one the founders of the justice league war animated movie instead of aquaman.

Remember black widow in the avengers was shown first before black panther and the marvel version of hercules for example and hank(ant-man) may not be in any avengers upcoming movies.

Heck if the defenders superhero team have thier own big screen movie one day, marvel studios could have hank show up there instead if they want to.

Here is another example.
The defenders original superhero team will not be shown or shown as the founders for live action.

Last edited:
Another point,i think wb/dc will be taking more of the x-men approach to thier dc cinematic universe instead of the more marvel way of doing things.

Even marvel when you think about it has/will take this approach more so in the future for most superheroes.

Remember most superheros in and the upcoming marvel movies like scarlet witch,nick fury,warmachine etc.. do not have solo movies and many in the future will not.

Mostly team films will be the main way to show alot or lesser known superheros in the future.

If they have to have a origin story for them,it may be in a short flashback like batman 89,flashbacks like man of steel or someone or the superhero themselves mention in a short chat what happen to them and how they got thier powers and where they come from in these upcoming superhero team films or even tv shows.

So don't be to upset if wonder woman or the new green lantern do not get solo movies or tv shows.
Trust me,you will get over it once they show up.

John stewart never got a solo animated series,and he did fine and i was still happy enough to see him in a animated cartoon for the first time.

As comic book readers and superhero fans we can't be to picky.

Just be happy they show up on the big screen or small screen and hopefully they get some nice big or good enough screen time.

If a lesser known superhero that's your favorite becomes well known and liked enough then hopefully he/she could get thier own solo movie/s or tv show or both in the future but don't put your hopes up too high just in case it does not happen.
Just be happy enough they are shown at all.

Last edited:
I voted for John Stewart only because I think the studio needs to get as far away from the Green Lantern movie debacle as possible. Just my $.02...

with the rumor/news that the DC film universe is likely going to be 5 or 6 movies centered on the Justice League/DCU, they should really just introduce Hal and John.

The question should be only for JL, for that, i think John Stewart is the best choice, but for a solo movie i prefer Hal Jordan because he has much more story.

Last edited:
I'm surprised this is anywhere close. I like John Stewart a lot. I keep dreaming they'll one day return him to his Mosaic AWESOMENESS.

John Stewart. he's much more interesting in a team set-up than Hal.

Ideally, Hal would be introduced in Justice League, then expanded on in his own film. In his own film, we'd also be introduced to Guy Gardner and John Stewart. Then later, Kyle Rayner.

I think we NEED to see the Hal/Sinestro conflict on film.

Using John as the main Green Lantern, you would have to completely get rid of the central conflict in the Green Lantern mythos.
Why do we NEED to see a Hal,Sinestro conflict? It's not something the GA will miss, is it? It's been over 50 years. Has this conflict made either of them matter outside of the comics? I know you're a Hal fan, but are you trying to say that John/Sinestro couldn't mean more to the GA than Hal/Sinestro does? It's not like the bar's been set really high. I understand why you WANT to see Hal/Sinestro, but it's not really NEEDED.

I've yet to hear of anything of real value to a film for the GA that Hal and only Hal brings to the table. John has a look that's better for the GA, a likeable personality, a fanbase outside of comics readers, distance from Hal's godawful and expensive failure, a 100% successful track record outside of the comics. Hal's inclusion in the JL honestly doesn't bring anything but unnecessary baggage. If WB was foolish enough to ever give Hal another solo film, it'll serve no purpose other than to give short term pleasure to his comic fans and even that will likely fade when he flops again(but somehow even worse than he did last time). It was a bad idea the 1st time. It's downright masochistic now.

I think they should use the Green Lantern of Sector 2814.

I know you're a Hal fan, but are you trying to say that John/Sinestro couldn't mean more to the GA than Hal/Sinestro does? It's not like the bar's been set really high.
Yes, I am saying that. :word:
H9gHXW6.png

Stewart would be the best. If not him, then Kyle is cool too. Hal is just boring IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"