Marvel Films Which IP/characters should Marvel Studios retire before heading to Phase 7?

Reaction score
Following the ranks of Iron Man, Black Widow, T'Challa and Steve Rogers. Though all of them got a successor in a way but Yelena isn't being called as Black Widow yet and Ironheart isn't Iron Man.

The MCU is only getting bigger like our vast universe but do we need to see all of the current characters in phase 7 and so on?

My choices are: Thor, Hulk, Guardians of the GalaXy, Hawkeye (Clint), Nick Fury Ant-Man (both Scott/Hank) and the Wasp (Hope). Their supporting characters I guess could be around but as headlining movies and series, I think they've been around for too long now.

I feel like they need to make room for the X-Men and that the wait for the 2quels/3quels should be much shorter instead of 4 to 6 years. They couldn't really do those if 12 or more ips are still getting their own films. Like I don't want to wait every 4 years for a new X-Men movie. And how long are they going to keep Loki around? Imo, his story should have ended in Endgame.

Last edited:
I would say any of the leftovers from the first three phases, so basically Thor and Hulk. I think OG Hawkeye is done anyway.

I would say any of the leftovers from the first three phases, so basically Thor and Hulk. I think OG Hawkeye is done anyway.
How so?

That Tv series can't be his last appearance. While in the movies, Endgame didn't feel like his swan song.

But I think there are too many leftovers from the Infinity Saga for all of them to be killed off in Secret Wars. Theyshould have killed 1 or 2long time characters in Quantumania imo.

How so?

That Tv series can't be his last appearance. While in the movies, Endgame didn't feel like his swan song.

But I think there are too many leftovers from the Infinity Saga for all of them to be killed off in Secret Wars. Theyshould have killed 1 or 2long time characters in Quantumania imo.

I feel like from the tv show, Clint is done. Now it’s Kate Bishop’s turn. I thought the whole point was it was a passing of the torch so to speak. Maybe he makes an appearance or two in the future as a mentor but as far as being Hawkeye, I think he’s done.

Hmm not everybody catches up with the shows though. So itd be odd to just have him disappear after Endgame in the movies. It was already a downgrade that they promised Jeremy Renner a solo movie and that movie just turned into a series, and then to end his Hawkeye journey in the small screen. They could do better.

Hawkeye was trying to retire already all the way back in Civil War. And given the whole Avengers going their separate ways aspect of phase IV, I think people will understand just fine if he simply does a short cameo somewhere as Kate's mentor.

I also don't know that Jeremy Renner would be capable of anything more than that anytime in the next year or two, which is when it would have to happen for him to be able to show up in the upcoming Avengers films.

The point is why would they retire / phase out a main character or if not one of the OG Avengers in a tv series that just came and went - when that character have made most of his appearances in the films. It just doesnt sound ideal meanwhile the likes of Sam Wilson and Bucky have been upgraded to leading a movie. Most movie goers probably haven't seen Kate Bishop especially if they aren't subscribed to Disney+.

Also plenty of characters have tried "retirement" especially in the comics, but if Marvel Studios want to bring back Hawkeye they would.

Hawkeye was clearly about passing the torch. That and I doubt Renner is going to be able to do Hawkeye stuff anytime in the immediate future. So Clint is best left retired and if he appears to be a mentor and give advice.

The point is why would they retire / phase out a main character or if not one of the OG Avengers in a tv series that just came and went - when that character have made most of his appearances in the films. It just doesnt sound ideal meanwhile the likes of Sam Wilson and Bucky have been upgraded to leading a movie. Most movie goers probably haven't seen Kate Bishop especially if they aren't subscribed to Disney+.

Also plenty of characters have tried "retirement" especially in the comics, but if Marvel Studios want to bring back Hawkeye they would.

Even if it isn't ideal, do they actually have a choice given Renner's situation? It's highly questionable he'll be up for a full role in Secret Wars or anything that comes out before it. By the time he could make a real comeback he'll have been gone from the movies so long most audiences will have already assumed he isn't coming back, anyway.

From what I googled, 2 years and I'm assuming Secret wars is about to start filming by then. Even if hes still recovering by that time, early 2025, there's a way for him to appear. Use a stunt/body double and cgi his face even for a short scene.

I honestly doubt Marvel Studios want that final scene in Hawkeye series to be his last scene in the Mcu. When he's fully recovered and ready to go back to acting, I don't know how they wouldn't invite him back for another movie.

I feel like from the tv show, Clint is done. Now it’s Kate Bishop’s turn. I thought the whole point was it was a passing of the torch so to speak. Maybe he makes an appearance or two in the future as a mentor but as far as being Hawkeye, I think he’s done.

Hawkeye was clearly about passing the torch. That and I doubt Renner is going to be able to do Hawkeye stuff anytime in the immediate future. So Clint is best left retired and if he appears to be a mentor and give advice.
This. I don't think we've seen the last of Renner in the MCU but I don't think Clint will be suiting up again. If there's another season of Hawkeye I can see him playing a significant role with Kate being Hawkeye but beyond that it'll probably just be smaller appearances in Avengers/Young Avengers projects if Kate is involved.

Since they are not gonna give him a legit role in the next Avengers movies, might as well bid farewell to War Machine after Armor Wars.

I hope the rumour is true that they are phasing out all Infinity Saga characters before 2029.

I hope the rumour is true that they are phasing out all Infinity Saga characters before 2029.
I have a hard time believing they'd drop Spider-Man after that point. Or Captain Marvel since she was introduced at the tail end of the Infinity Saga. I could see Cumberbatch and Rudd being ready to retire from the MCU by that point.

I have a hard time believing they'd drop Spider-Man after that point. Or Captain Marvel since she was introduced at the tail end of the Infinity Saga. I could see Cumberbatch and Rudd being ready to retire from the MCU by that point.
As long as they could include a Captain Marvel 3 there, I think its fine.

Spider-Man is a different case since its tied with Sony Pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"