Which major 2008 event are you most looking forward to?

Secret Invasion will only serve as an excuse to deus ex machina Civil War.

Final Crisis could be good, but I need more details.

Ultimatium is probably just going to be a way to make the Ultimate universe more like 616. Still, I like Loeb's involvment...that gives me hope as he is pretty much my favorite writer, so I'll say that. Hopefully it can deus ex machina all the **** that Kirkman has done to Ultimate X-Men and make the Ultimate Universe respectable again.

I don't think Secret Invasion will wipe anything away from Civil War. I think it'll just reunite the heroes a bit (which, in all fairness, we've all seen about a dozen times already) against the Skrulls.

I don't think Secret Invasion will wipe anything away from Civil War. I think it'll just reunite the heroes a bit (which, in all fairness, we've all seen about a dozen times already) against the Skrulls.

Really? I don't think Marvel will be able to resist the opportunity to use it to ressurect Steve Rogers. Bucky or none, I just don't think they will be able to resist saying "it was some sort of Super Skrull that we couldn't tell apart even with the autopsy!"

I might believe you if Brubaker hadn't been in the driver's seat on Cap's developments pretty much every step of the way. Joe Q might force him to step aside and resurrect Cap in Secret Invasion, but why? Bucky will only have been Cap for like 4 or 5 months by the time Secret Invasion starts. That's not even a full story arc, let alone a full character arc. So long as Brubaker's still handling the behind-the-scenes stuff on Cap, I think we'll be treated to a better resurrection for Steve than that.

I might believe you if Brubaker hadn't been in the driver's seat on Cap's developments pretty much every step of the way. Joe Q might force him to step aside and resurrect Cap in Secret Invasion, but why? Bucky will only have been Cap for like 4 or 5 months by the time Secret Invasion starts. That's not even a full story arc, let alone a full character arc. So long as Brubaker's still handling the behind-the-scenes stuff on Cap, I think we'll be treated to a better resurrection for Steve than that.

I think you underestimate how far Joe Q is willing to go. :csad:

Well, he made it pretty clear in the preview pages posted online...

I don't even keep up with Mighty/New Avengers previews and solicits. I have absolutely no interest in those books.

I'm considering whether I may buy the New Avengers Annual this week. The Stack dudes said it had tons of action, which takes care of one of my big complaints with how Bendis is handling the New Avengers series. Plus, Pags' art looks pretty scrumptious...

Bah for me. I can honestly say that none of those events interest me in the least.

Looking at Countdown, logic tells me that Final Crisis will blow.

....but

It's Grant Morrison and JG Jones. How can that NOT be decent?

Agreed. It also helps that a) I cant stand Bendis' writing and b) don't read the Ultimate U. At least Final Crisis has a good creative team.

why are you all mentioning cap as a skrull or iron man as a skrull? it was already stated by bendis that IRON MAN is NOT a skrull, and since skrulls revert back their original form when killed...captain america is not a skrull. And Nick Fury was working with bucky throughout brubackers run on capt america...im sure fury would know if bucky was a skrull or not...

not skrulls...capt...bucky..iron man..

get it? got it? good

im looking forward to secret invasion, yeah the concept has been done before. but the fact that the seeds were put in for this to happen A LONG time ago was pretty awesome.

Of those I guess I'd say Secret Invasion, but I'm iffy on it. It has promise, but lately I've been very disappointed in Bendis. I've decided that I'm giving him until the end of SI, and if I'm still not happy with his stuff then I'm dropping both his Avengers titles and anything else branching from them (save Initiative). I hope it'll be good, but I"m going in with low expectations.

I''ll only be picking up some tie ins for SI.

Herc for the God Squad and MA to see what the bad place Fury's been up to.

I'm probably just gonna keep reading what I've been reading and skip the main event minis entirely. I'm pretty sick of events at this point.

Aren't you the one who always praises events because they play up the shared universe angle?

No, I praise crossovers between characters for that. Good events do it too, but what I've read about each of these events seems to be more about twisting the characters around to suit the story rather than creating a crossover story that serves the characters involved. Pretty much like most of Marvel's recent events and some of DC's.

Final Crisis seems like it's got potential. Morrison pretty much explains in every interview that he crafted the story to serve the characters, and that it was DC's idea to slap the Crisis onto it.

Eh, Morrison's idea of serving the characters has deviated a lot from mine over the years. I love his JLA stories, but his recent work has been really weird and Silver Agey in ways I don't like too much.

The only weird and Silver Agey work from that I've read is his Batman work. Everything else is pretty weird and un-Silver Agey to me.

I didn't really like what I read of his Seven Soldiers stuff, either.

Oh, I thought his Seven Soldiers stuff was pretty great. The fact that FC is building off of some of the ideas from that makes FC sound even better for me. :up:

Bleh. Passville, USA for me. Which is good, really, since it'll save me more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"